Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31
A
A
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
God has a plan for me. At the right time, I will see what that is. For right now, I just have to keep making progress for myself.

Hey GIMA. I'm not a Bible thumper by any stretch of the imagination. But I ran across a couple of things recently that stuck out, at least for me. I'm in a stinkhole of adversarial combat with the woman that I intended to spend the rest of my life with.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

"Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
G
OP Offline
G
Antlers,

I'm no thumper either but my faith has taken on the proper impotance in my life. Don't know how anyone makes it through this mess without it.

And, I totally get the weirdness of doing batlle with someone you thought was always on your side before. Protect yourself and your future.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
A
I'm not religious at ALL, but it would be nice if someone had a plan for me, for you, all of us. That's a nice thought.

It does sound like you're doing about as well as you could be, considering. Which doesn't mean you won't have ups and downs still- but keep doing whatever you're doing, I think you're going in the right direction.

Haven't heard you mention much (but haven't read entire sitch from start) about any support network you have- friends, family, etc. Hope you do have one and can lean on them when needed.

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go;
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow;
Go ask Alice...
I think she'll know.
G
OP Offline
G
Alice,

I do have friends and family nearby. So, I'm, good with the support network.

Well, whether it's religion, spirituality or whatever anyone wants to call it, I do believe that evrything happens for a reason. We don't always know what that reason is at the time. But, I do think there is some justification for it happening.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
antlers,
Originally Posted By: antlers
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
This is great. I have never come across this one. Where's it from?
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
God has a plan for me. At the right time, I will see what that is. For right now, I just have to keep making progress for myself.
And, gima, to add to what I said about God's plan for you previously, I believe God has a plan for me, too.
But I also figure he expects me to have my own plan for me as well (I can't let Him do all the heavy lifting!). grin
Not preaching to you by any means; just the way I look at it for me.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
I agree with you Gardener. I have to do the Work.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
M
M
Gardner, in answer to your question about the verse. It is 2 Corinthians 4:8-12.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

G
OP Offline
G
Well, the house is on the market as of Friday. What was supposed to be 1 showing today turned into 6!!

Strange emotions today. I don't want to be D'd, but I don't want to be M'd to my W anymore. Weird. And there's a healthy dose of resentment lying on top of that tonight.

Spent 3 hours yesterday looking at apartments. Will see a condo tomorrow just before lunch. Got my budget done, so I know what I can afford. I am getting excited about getting W out of my financial affairs. Just have to cut her a check every month. I'll take that deal.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
L
L
(((gima))))

just stopping by to give you my support

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: luvless
(((gima))))

just stopping by to give you my support

Thanks luv. I've been following your sitch. Nothing to say other than look out for yourself and the kids and get the he!! out of that R.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard