Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
E
E
D Money

Sounds to me like she really just needs to be alone to process her feelings. Based on what you posted I don't think you made any mistakes. I think the fact that you are having conversations and that she is smiling or laughing in some cases is good. This of course is just IMO.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
S
S
D, I agree with Eric. Sounds like you handled your last convo with your W well. Good job!

T
T
And I agree with the two above.:) I think you are doing a great job backing off when she needs that alone time/doesn't want to talk about things.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well went to barbershop (singing) convention yesterday. FIL,BIL, and S12 were performing in a chorus, which their chorus won. YAY!

The day went well for the most part until the very end of the night. Her mask dropped and the crabby monster came out. She was ripping into S12 for a number of things. When I tried to diffuse the situation, she ripped into me saying the issue was a carryover from the night before. When I apologized because I didn't know that it was an ongoing issue, she said I should have asked her. There was no reason for me to ask.

I asked S12 about it on the way home and he said there was no issue from the night before, that she was in a good mood. He also told me that he saw her on another dating site. THis is the 3rd one in a month. Apparently not getting the results she wants. I checked out the profile and the description of the person she's looking for is me. I did let my emotion get to me and I told her that I was sick of her BS. That whatever I do is wrong in her eyes. She didn't respond.

I've noticed her faulty memory twice in the past week. When we took D9 to the doctor for her collarbone, she told D9 that she was the first in the family to break a bone. I've broken 3, which she said well I guess you're not the first then. She had known about all 3, one of which she was present when it happened.

The other had to do with one of the issues she was ripping into S12 for last night. It was something that had occurred 2 months ago. I had told her all about it then. She brought it up yesterday out of the blue and when I explained it to her again it was as if I had never told her before.

job Offline
She's having a rather difficult time of it, isn't she? Depression and her mind whizzing about 150 miles per hour in her head. Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants and yes, it's quite interesting that she's out there searching for someone exactly like you. My guess is that she doesn't even realize what she's looking for and that it's right there in front of her.

They do have a tendency to bring up things that have happened in the past. It's like the memory is shot and the short term memory is gone.

I'm glad all of you had the opportunity to go to the convention. I bet she felt left out and didn't get all of the attention that she thought she should have. Most likely a big jealous of her own son...

You did very well in dealing w/her yesterday. I'm sorry her twin came otu to play. I do hope that she settles down ver soon. Please take care of yourself and your son.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quite interesting indeed! I take it as a positive though. Her first profile a couple months ago, she had no clue what she was looking for now she does. Now if she can connect the dots and realize that I'm what she wanted to begin with.

T
T
D- here's to hoping she realizes soon exactly who it is she is looking for.:) You've been right there all along!

Previous thread
E
E
D - I second trusting! I think you handled the above sitch fine.

I'm pulling for you dude!

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I ended up asking my wife last night if she was still blaming me for her unhappiness. She says that she doesn't blame me for anything and that she's not unhappy. She has her moments but she's decided that she deserves to be happy. That she would make sure she would let me know if there's anything I do that bothers and so far there's nothing.

T
T
Wow - you are brave! That is a question I too would like (I think) to ask my H but am way to afraid to!

Previous thread
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard