Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 81 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 80 81
K
K
Ohh Al!! That girl did a good job listening to her instict!! I understand how you feel sad, I went to H's little one bedroom apartment on Sunday, but didnt go in.

I was wondering, can anyone from the long time piecers tell us, do these feelings EVER go away, or just fade? I think I will start a thread with this question...
Hugs
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
S
Quote:
I was wondering, can anyone from the long time piecers tell us, do these feelings EVER go away, or just fade? I think I will start a thread with this question...

You just gradually think about it less and less. Occasionally things remind you 'sharply' of what happened....but the good times you have banked since reconciling start to put those sharp reminders in perspective. You d need to grieve the 'death' of the old M though and what happened.

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
G
G
Hi Ali and everyone,

Just was going through some of the threads on piecing. I'm no where near it, but someone on the board suggested that I read Ali's sitch. So this way I wouldn't give up!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm really happy for all of you that are piecing!! With the Lord's help I hope to be piecing some day!!

It will be 18 months for me on May 6th since I got the bomb and our anniversary is on the 9th so I was down and out and losing hope so I hopped over here to get some.

Thanks

M 41
H 35
D 12
S 18
Separated 11/08
A
OP Offline
A
Hey K.. wow you too huh? I wouldnt have wanted to go in either.. thats where he started/conducted his R with Helen, the scene of the crime. It still hurts, especially since we saw her recently.

I agree with Saffie, the innocence of an untarnised R is behind you and you have to accept loss of exclusivity. In my case there was a very public split and a new GF (I found out recently some other very new friends of ours here in Cornwall also got to meet her!! The W was very embarressed when she admitted it to me, but then, its past hey). BUT the further away it receedes and the more new memories you build, the less it matters. Except when you bump into ow in a pub, grrrr !!!

Hey Goodfight, I'm sorry its been a while for you, but I am so glad if this thread helps.

A
OP Offline
A
I had MIL to stay all weekend, I enjoyed being more in an cemented role in his life than last June when she stayed with us a month after reconciling (was a nightmare, she barely spoke to me). It went well, although she was rather self involved (poor fiance)..at least I am accepted once again for her precious son!

I felt VERY emotional and very loved up with him all weekend (he was too).. I tried to explain why by starting with..I missed you so much when we were apart.. but he snapped at me "I KNOW".. when I asked why he snapped, he said, it was the guilt, he STILL just feels so guilty, for hurting me. I said my point was about appreciating him and not taking him for granted since, not about the hurt.. which he liked, and apologised for being short with me, but his Mum had been hard work, so he was just transferring. I said he needs to try and stop being so guilt ridden, I was over OM but I'm not guilty anymore (well, only when I really think about it!).. he said, it wasnt revenge - you do know that? I said of course I do.

Its amazing how much you can hurt one another and yet find a way through to being in love again. How much turbulence a relationship can weather. I can honestly say we have a better, more loving equal R now and I love and appreciate him more than I did before and that I am happier than ever. But... yep, still affecting me! Still making me emotional at times, when will it end hey!? crazy

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
A
OP Offline
A
Well...my MRI/prolactin is all fine, but I got a little medication for my Thyroid (tired all the time etc) and thats supposed to help with fetility issues. This month is our 6th of trying and we are still hopeful.

The wedding plans are going well. We got fiance's suit on the weekend, a beautiful 3 piece in Italian cotton/mohair blue fabric. He looked so tall and handsome my stomach somersaulted and I nearly cried when he came out of the changing room blush. I rushed over and said you look soooo handsome I just have to kiss you, arent I a lucky girl marrying a guy like you!? The shop assistants were all laughing and bf looked all puffed up with pride. Wow, it was a defining moment and felt like the start of a new future. I'm so excited about the wedding, its going to be an amazing day and a fitting 'end' to these past few years.

Love Al xxx cool

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
B
B
So very happy for you, Al...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
How wonderful! That sounds like an amazing moment to capture in your memories forever.

Enjoy!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
You both are incredibly lucky! I am really happy for you.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
How awesome!!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 69 of 81 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 80 81

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis