Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 97 of 101 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Onthemountaintop
Is she dealing with bi-polar depression?

That is debatable. She was diagnosed as 'in the spectrum'. However, her hypo-manic symptoms (rapid cycling, agitation, impulsivity) were slight and really only surfaced when she was on ADs.

-T

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We have accepted an offer on the house! If all goes as expected, we will be homeless on June 1. These will be interesting times.

O
O
Congrats! I'm sure the feeling of moving forward - in any direction, probably feels awesome!

Did you make any money on the sale?

J
J
congrats tristan. I have a few questions.

whenever your W is off the meds then she begans to get depressed and want to talk seperation right?

my WAW is not bipolar but she has epilepsy and her meds to prevent seizures can cause her to act bipolar.

She was recommended to take antidepressants.

before the meds did your waw just impulsively do things? no logic? panic attacks? paranoia? temper and emotions high and low and up and down?

i'm glad things are working out for you. congrats on the selling thehouse

waw 36 (spiritual covenant and common law marriage)me 32
together 13 mos. Bomb dropped march 2nd 2010

children SD (8) S (10) S (3)
need help from anyone with my sitch

T
T
Congrats on the house!!!!

M: 32
H: 34
S:5
D: 3
D: 1
Together 11 years
Married 7
Bomb: PA/EA 8/13/09 (for 1 year on and off)
ILYBINILWY: 08/09

"The end of suffering happens with the end of wanting."
-Laura Munson
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: james217
congrats tristan. I have a few questions.

whenever your W is off the meds then she begans to get depressed and want to talk seperation right?

my WAW is not bipolar but she has epilepsy and her meds to prevent seizures can cause her to act bipolar.

She was recommended to take antidepressants.

before the meds did your waw just impulsively do things? no logic? panic attacks? paranoia? temper and emotions high and low and up and down?

i'm glad things are working out for you. congrats on the selling thehouse

Hi James,

My W has always battled depression. She had one bad panic attack shortly after our second daughter was born. However, impulsivity, paranoia, agitation, and rapid cycling did not really occur until after she was on the anti-depressants. There is an unofficial diagnosis of Bipolar III that is defined by the patient only experiencing the manic symptoms after taking anti-depressants. My diagnosis would be that, but I am not a doctor by any means. She has been off the meds since October and still has bouts with depression, but she manages it. She is still a little impulsive at times, but that is one of the things I love about her smile

O
O
Originally Posted By: tristan
She has been off the meds since October and still has bouts with depression, but she manages it. She is still a little impulsive at times, but that is one of the things I love about her smile

Awesome attitude, Tristan~ No doubt one of the things your W loves about you - even if she doesn't say it or show it at times.

Are you planning to investigate this further as well as getting strategies to cope with her depression once in Texas?

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
W brought up politics in our last session.

But before I talk about that I will go back to the discussion that brought this to the forefront. It was over the recent Arizona immigration law. She was passionately offended by the law. I don't remember if she asked for my opinion or I just gave it. I was much less passionate about it, but said that "it really depended on how the law was enforced". She imagined the Arizonan police stopping every Latino on the street and asking for ID; which I agreed would be wrong. However, I mentioned that I could see the law used in a reasonable manner as well. This "aggravated" her.

Anyway, she brought up the conversation with MC and how she wished we could agree "at least sometimes" on philosophical issues. She wishes we could "connect at that level". To me, this was not that big of a deal. But to her, she wants to "connect" at this level. Truthfully, I want to be able to connect at every level. I do understand where she is coming from and do respect her opinion. I just have a different perspective on it.

The disagreement doesn't bother me. However, her saying that we can not "connect" at that level does. MC said that she wasn't asking my opinion but was rather just wanting to be understood. I would like to be able to discuss politics with her, but not if it causes this much strife in our R.

P
P
Maybe she should actually read the law. It says that the police can only ask for ID if they've already stopped someone for another legitimate offense ("lawful contact") -- like running a red light, or speeding, etc. They can't just stop you for "reasonable suspicion."

That rather CRUCIAL piece has been left out of nearly every news story on the matter.

Then again, I think that's not really the point she's trying to make. wink

Puppy

C
C
How men and woman communicate.

Statements are questions from women, she's looking for validation from you.
Quote:
She wishes we could "connect at that level".

"Can't we connect on that level?"

Quote:
MC said that she wasn't asking my opinion but was rather just wanting to be understood.

Bingo. So hard for us men to get this. This had nothing to do with your position in the discussion. She just wanted to be heard, listened to and understood by her man. No fixing, applying logic, or debating required just listen and soak her up.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Page 97 of 101 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard