Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 31 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
The only thing I want to say is you are good man, a good dad and we are all lucky to have you here.

Thanks CG. My L said the same thing yesterday - and she was great yesterday.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: mishka422
I hope you were able to keep the emotion out of it. It's so hard to sit across a table from someone you've loved so long and be adversaries. frown

Mishka,

That's what my L was for (that and her knowledge and experience). I cannot say enough good things about my L.

And, yes, I was able to keep my emotions at bay and simply approach it with a business solution mentality for the most part.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
A
I can't believe the length of it! We just scheduled mediation day, and was told I shouldn't expect the day to go past 5pm.

Sounds like you handled it like the man and father you are, GIMA.
And you still found compassion for your wife, in the face of it all. Staying in the house, and telling the kids will be tough, but you can handle it.

(((GIMA)))

Last edited by Awoken; 04/22/10 05:59 PM.

M:42|W:40|D:17|S:13|Bomb:10/23/09
Awoken's Current Thread
L
L
I concur with CG

Hugs and support is right here.

Luv

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
C
C
It sounds to me that Mrs. Gima may have come to the point that she actually realizes what she is doing. It might be a good thing. Especially since nothing really happens until you sell the house. Keep up your DB'ing efforts. You never now what might happen!

My thoughts are with you GIMA. Keep your expectations at zero and stay detached.

You will be fine.

Me-70, D37,S36
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: OldPilot
It sounds to me that Mrs. Gima may have come to the point that she actually realizes what she is doing. It might be a good thing. Especially since nothing really happens until you sell the house. Keep up your DB'ing efforts. You never now what might happen!

My thoughts are with you GIMA. Keep your expectations at zero and stay detached.

You will be fine.

OP,

I think you are right here, but I have NO expectation she will stray from her course. She has a strong ability to push those emotions down and not deal with them. I remain open to work on the M (for the right reasons), but do not think she will change her course.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
A
(((GIMA)))

Ok, I've finally (almost) caught up to your sitch. What a draining day the mediation must've been. Wow. I didn't envision it all happening in one session either. So, do you still call that mediation or Collaborative Divorce, since your L's were sitting there too?

I understand there must be sadness with the small relief that you're through this part. I applaud you standing up about making W tell kids with you there, and not doing it in a way you're not comfortable with.

I don't know that I have much of anything helpful to say to you- I have a feeling my H will be much like your W in that there are things he hasn't thought of til the last minute, and that is sad. I think us LBS's think much more about these issues, ironically.

Take care of yourself however you can, pamper and be gentle with yourself today and in the next several days especially.

-Alice

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go;
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow;
Go ask Alice...
I think she'll know.
P
P
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
The only thing I want to say is you are good man, a good dad and we are all lucky to have you here.

Agree with this ^ , GIMA. For once, I really don't have any snarky, opinionated advice -- just one of those Sopranos-style "man-hugs," and a prayer sent up your way.

Puppy

I
I
Same here, GIMA.

A prayer for strength and guidance.

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: alice444
(((GIMA)))

Ok, I've finally (almost) caught up to your sitch. What a draining day the mediation must've been. Wow. I didn't envision it all happening in one session either. So, do you still call that mediation or Collaborative Divorce, since your L's were sitting there too?

I understand there must be sadness with the small relief that you're through this part. I applaud you standing up about making W tell kids with you there, and not doing it in a way you're not comfortable with.

I don't know that I have much of anything helpful to say to you- I have a feeling my H will be much like your W in that there are things he hasn't thought of til the last minute, and that is sad. I think us LBS's think much more about these issues, ironically.

Take care of yourself however you can, pamper and be gentle with yourself today and in the next several days especially.

-Alice

Alice,

I think I would just call it garden variety mediation. Very expensive, but we got it done.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
Page 17 of 31 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard