Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
M
M
D - I'm so sorry for your D. I'm glad that she is doing OK. Thank God that kids are so resilient and heal fast.

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
She's a tough little girl. She never cried once.

H
H
Quote:
There's other stories where she's done stuff for me but she will deflect anything that suggests she did it because she cares for me. Is this what we talk about when we say look at the actions and not the words?

Yup, you got it. Believe NONE of what you hear, half of what you see...watch their actions, they seem to tell the tale first, the words come later on. Sometimes MUCH later on.

One day at a time, one step at a time..it's frustrating and slow, I know.

Hope your little girl gets to feeling better, D. I know that broken collarbone has gotta hurt.

Have a good one.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
T
T
So sorry about your D! I hope she heals quickly and feels better soon.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
R
R
sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she is doing okay. A similar situation happened to my son 3 yrs ago. A kid pushed him down in gym class when they were running and my son broke and dislocated his wrist. h didnt even come to hospital with us.

K
K
D-
Sorry to hear about your daughter- I hope she's mending fast!
Hang in there on the job front...you're one great guy and I know the right job will surface-just keep your eyes open!

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wife knew I had lunch with a friend (doesn't know who) yesterday and I think she was checking up on me today.

She texted me asking if I could fill D9's prescription. I told her I could later but that I was currently in the city. She says "Well I may be able to do it then". I asked if D9 was going to need it right away and she says "No but if you were available I was just going to see if you could". She ended up going and getting it herself.

E
E
D -

Sorry to hear about your D. Keep up the good work man. I pulling for you!

Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Had quite the interesting discussion through IM with my wife. I may have made a couple of mistakes. Where do I start?

Some excerpts:
First she told me about a dream she had while taking a nap this afternoon. The dream was her telling my dad that he couldn't boss her around anymore and he attacked her. I came to her rescue by putting a towel around my dad's neck.

I tried joking with her about something. When normally she would have laughed, she bristled. I asked if she was down. She said a little but nothing she wanted to talk about right now. I told her I wasn't going to push her to talk.

She was drinking...again. I told her that I was concerned that she drinks to forget her problems. That I've had friends go down that road and never come back. She says she doesn't drink to forget her problems. She drinks to get pissed at her problems. She never forgets her problems. WTH does that mean? I changed the subject.

She was joking later in the conversation. I told her that I love her sense of humor. She gave me a smile.

I don't remember what the topic was, but it lead me to tell her that I feel the best that I have in years and that I realized I was the one holding me back from enjoying my life. She said she was glad I felt that way. And then she said she was going to log off and just watch baseball which tells me that she wanted to be alone.

F
F
Originally Posted By: D Money
She says she doesn't drink to forget her problems. She drinks to get pissed at her problems. She never forgets her problems. WTH does that mean?
Well they do call it liquid courage. Some use drinking to feel stronger/more powerful.

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard