Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
job Offline
I'm sorry about the lay off, but you've been given a golden opportunity to spend time w/your children. The tropical butterfly exhibit sounds awesome! The children will definitely enjoy seeing the butterflys!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have to say I am touched by the kind words. I appreciate it more than you know.

The movie was great. I don't get to spoil them very often. It felt really good.

T
T
Glad you had a good time at the movie with your kids! I know what you mean about spoiling them. Next week my kids dont' have school so I am trying so hard to put money worries behind and spoil the kids a bit - it is so worth it!

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
job Offline
I'm very glad to come here this evening and see that the movie was great. Did the children enjoy it as much as you did? I know it's touch being w/o a job right now, but take this opportunity to bond more w/your children. They need to know that you are there for them and are willing to spend time doing things of interest to them. It is very important that you do this.

Also, the time you've spent w/them is also time you've not focused on your lost wife.

There is a reason for everything that happens to us on this journey. The man upstairs has a way of showing us what is important right now, not yesterday, not tomorrow, but right now.

Take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
They did. I just don't think they enjoyed it as much as daddy because daddy really really liked it.

In it's own way the lay off is wonderful because I am doing all these wonderful things with them that they will always remember. The weather's getting warmer and they have Spring Break next week so we'll be doing projects outside.

Snodderly, I think I've seen you mention the old adage "A watched pot never boils." That is where I found myself. I was so focused on my wife that I was killing myself because I wasn't seeing any change in her.

T
T
Time is truly a gift, isn't it? My kids do enjoy getting "stuff" (what kid doesn't?) but the things they love are the activities, even if it is just to the park (I am all about cheap or free!). Those are definitely the things they will remember, not the stuff.

I'm glad you are able to see the silver lining in the layoff. Still, I hope you are able to find work soon.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Interesting day today

Best part of the day. I went on D9's field trip. The first time I really got to spend one on one time with her. She is such an amazing girl.

Now to the weird part. My wife has the kids this weekend and she's taking them to her Grandma's for Easter. I sent her a text asking what I sent her a text asking what I needed to send with kids clotheswise. She replied to just send something nice. I said thanks for letting me know. Then she texted the following:

"No problem. Having a hard time. Alone time needed. Thanks for understanding."

K
K
D-
Did she think she'd told you already about needing alone time? The text at least seemed that she was regarding you as a friend.

Don't spend too much time analyzing the text...its easy to watch that water in the pot, so to speak. But its a waste of your precious time!

Sounds like the time with your daughter was really great! Those are the moments to cherish! She's going to remember those times too.

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
No, the exchanges between us were light and joking and then this one came out of the blue. And her telling me that she needs alone time is out of the norm for her.

In addition to that she seems to be cutting herself off from the outside world. She has 2 cell phones, one that she carries and one she uses as her "home" phone. She texted me this morning that if I need to get a hold of her to contact her on the "home" phone. There's only 4 or 5 people that have that number.

And then there's Facebook. She posted at 1:30 this morning(she's been having trouble sleeping lately) that she's done, plain and simple.

There seems to be more going on with her. I will leave her be until she's ready to contact me.

S
S
D - If I missed something, sorry, but what was your W referring to when she said that she was done?

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard