Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 94 of 101 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 100 101
R
R
holy $hit, speaking of pro's, look out, here comes....

SERENITY!!!

You have some serious skills girlfriend!

P
P
C'mon, Serenity, tell us how you REALLY feel!!

Puppy

V
V
Serenity now! lol

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
S
S
Friends ~

It has been building for quite some time now - Trust me...I finally think I am getting the hang of this DBing wink

Rob ~ Told you I wanted to be just like you...Slowly I am getting the hang of "you". smile

Puppy ~ You have helped me find my voice from day one... smile

V ~ I am sorry to say I don't know you however glad I provided some smiles for you smile

It took me over a year to realize that my form of DBing was to say KMA and see ya! wink

I am better then this and if my H doesn't want to stick around to meet the new me well so be it because I know He has better things in store for me. smile

(((Hugs)))

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
S
S
T~

I apologize for high-jacking your thread my friend. smile

((((Hugs))))

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
C
C
I would tell her to put it in the trash together and then put it out on the street. And then I would have a talk about any and everything from then. And toss it all. Spring cleansing. And if she does not understand I would explain it in detail.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
No worries Serenity. It is nice to hear from you. And good to hear you are doing well.

By the way, my W did appologize when she got home last night. She said she thought about it and could understand why I was upset. She questioned me about what my 'triggers' were in order for her to avoid them in the future. Of course, these are very hard to define, but I tried.

It seems that reconciliation is a slightly different animal than DB'ing. DB'ing is all about working on one's self. There is no relationship to work on because the partner does not share the same goal of salvaging the relationship. So the only thing to do is to make ourselves the best self we can be.

However, if our partner does sincerely change their mind on their goal for the relationship, it seems that we must shift focus slightly. Working on ourselves is still of upmost importance. However, we must also focus on what is good for the marriage.

For me, it is a balancing act. Keeping myself strong, independent and not needing anything from my W. But at the same time opening up, enjoying her presence, and leaning on her for support (financial, emotional, and physical). If I don't do those things, then the M brings me nothing. And if it continues, wouldn't I end up resenting the relationship for always taking and not giving. We don't just want to save our marriage, we want to save one we can both enjoy.

So far, so good. Yes, it is touchy. But I think our ability to recover from lapses is just as important (if not more) as avoiding the lapses all together.

On another note: we should complete cleaning out the final two closets tonight. House is being painted today. It should be on the market next week - keeping our fingers crossed.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
P
P
Originally Posted By: tristan

It seems that reconciliation is a slightly different animal than DB'ing. DB'ing is all about working on one's self. There is no relationship to work on because the partner does not share the same goal of salvaging the relationship. So the only thing to do is to make ourselves the best self we can be.

However, if our partner does sincerely change their mind on their goal for the relationship, it seems that we must shift focus slightly. Working on ourselves is still of upmost importance. However, we must also focus on what is good for the marriage.

I think it was Bworl, over in Piecing, that has written some really good posts on this very subject. In fact, he contends that the things you have to do in Newcomers (esp. when there is Infidelity involved), and then in Piecing, are practically OPPOSITES, which is why it's so damned difficult to make the transition!

It's like standing down from battle mode!

Puppy

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
True Puppy.

And the funny thing is instincts would have us do it exactly backwards. I rarely felt like doing battle during my DB'ing, but have to resist the urge fairly often now.

Last edited by tristan; 03/31/10 06:28 PM.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
D
D
Heh, I find it all the same since day one, matter of fact I said this yesterday:

Originally Posted By: dday101798
And here we are today, communicating with respect, and that key word - validation when a concern does in fact arise. My god, it gets hard at times to try and bear that in mind, and then all the sudden, it just pops and all that time we spent training ourselves to stop, listen, and validate. That I tell you is the single most biggest change you NEED to keep going.

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
Page 94 of 101 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard