Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20

So it only makes sense to start a new thread as things in my life are definitely changing. I would like to think I have lived my life by taking the less traveled path as at heart I am one for adventure.

So join me won't you as we set out on the road less traveled by...

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
FIRST!!!!!!! Coffee with Bailey's please!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok but I will have to make a brand new pot since it is morning! lol

I made the assumption that everyone knows the poet and didn't give him his do. Robert Frost hats off to you.

Oh what is up with me today? Still a goober and still giddy from yesterday. wink Posting my favorite poem didn't magically calm me down.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
A
A

"You should never have to walk on eggshells in your own life." - kat727

Nope, you shouldn't. But if you do, you can heal from it. And for those who have caused others to 'walk on eggshells'...they can heal too. I'm just sayin'...

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I just got really tired of changing everything I did based on what someone's reaction might be. Certainly no way to live your life. I was reading some of my older posts the other day, I was really holding out hope...but here I am and I think this is a pretty good place to be.

Now if I could just find a housecleaning fairy that cleaned the house overnight...

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
A
A
Understood.

I've studied Steven Stosney's book Love Without Hurt a bunch. It describes, to a T, the things you went through and felt because of having to walk on eggshells.
It also describes the things I went through and felt because of causing those that I cared for to have to walk on eggshells.
It also promotes healing for the abused, and the abuser. The book was a Godsend for me, via Bridgestone.

These bad things happened, unfortunately...doesn't mean they can't be overcome. But both people have to be willing...sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I certainly didn't see him trying to stay with our family. He is engaged and living with his affair partner now. As long as he leaves me alone and is watching out for the kids when they are under his care, I really don't have much to do with him.

I coped with it because in my mind, the man I married died. What was left was an alien walking around in his body. I could look at lots of things now and say maybe we shouldn't have gotten married, had four kids etc, but those things DID happen. I have got wonderful kids from the relationship. I gave it all I had, he didn't, end of story.

Better things are ahead and I know to look for the things that are important to me in my next relationship. Not every relationship needs to be serious, some are just for fun and learning. That is where I find myself now.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
And not a bad place to be!

(((Kat)))

I definitely need coffee this am! I SO did not want to get out of bed and face this gloomy, gray, overcast, rainy, cold day.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
A
A
I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. Sounds like you got a good handle on things now. Good luck to you.

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh can't we throw in the hot chocolate too! smile You guys know I don't drink coffee but sure let me make you some because I hate the idea of you being cold Michelle!

Thanks antlers. I might need that luck. wink K went out with his family last night and the pictures he posted were dark. Maybe they were trying to hide his age or thought that all the candles would be enough light for the room!! I really hope he can work Friday out. Can you all tell I am smitten??

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 62 63

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard