Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
M
M
D is the guy....

That a 40 story building falls around...

And HE is the one who happens to be in the elevator shaft.

Walks away, unharmed, and laughing on his way out...

Nothing but the best to you D......always

J
J
That's cause he was smart enough to be in the elevator shaft. : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

K
K
Hi D-
Been catching up. Seems like you are handlng your wife joining a dating site with a great attitude. When I thought H did that it stung so much!

Good luck and positive thoughts on the job search!!!
You have the right attitude!

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Frustration is the word of the day.

S12 came home today to tell me that my wife told him that she will be going out on a date with a guy she met on Facebook. Sometimes I wonder if she looks at our son as a peer instead of as her child.

Lies, lies, and more lies. It's like she can't help herself. She lies when she doesn't have to. My wife has had some medical tests for pains she's been having(doctors can't find anything wrong). When the nurses ask her if she smokes, she tells them no(she does).

I feel sorry for the guy that's going on a date with her. He thinks we're divorced. He has no idea the amount of baggage she's carrying. He thinks she's a nonsmoker.

I was talking this over with my friend. It takes a certain type of person to handle my wife's personality. She can be loud and brash, to some abrasive. I accept and love her for who she is. Maybe someday she will realize that. Not sure why I wrote any of that. Definitely not to say that I'm some special person.

K
K
Hi D-
Your wife probably does see your son as a peer..she's in teenage land right now, right? I think my H sees my D14 as a peer at times..just weird, huh?

Maybe your wife's physical pain is a manifestation of her mental pain-not uncommon, but tricky for doctors to diagnose...
I don't think smoker's can hide the fact that they smoke..you can smell the smoke on clothes..it lingers..so she's probably not really fooling the doctors.

Quote:
Lies, lies, and more lies. It's like she can't help herself. She lies when she doesn't have to.

Isn't that the MLC way? It seems to be one of the hardest things for all of us LBSers to deal with, maybe because we often are the ones that see or know the truth.

D- Hang in there. Detach. By the way, you ARE special. There is no one else on earth like you. smile

Last edited by kjensen; 03/19/10 03:41 AM.

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks K.

I do want to clear up that I wasn't making my wife out to be some awful, unbearable person. She just has an in your face type of personality that people either love or hate. The MLC has magnified that part of her personality. I do see where it is like when we first started dating(she was 18). It softened with age but I've noticed it strongly over the past few weeks.

Good news is I have a job lead. Will hopefully know more by the beginning of next week.

T
T
D,

I saw you had posted and was just about to ask if you had any job leads and see you do.:) Hope it leads somewhere!:)

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I actually debated letting this guy know what he's getting into but she has to deal with the consequences of her lies.

Someone give me something positive to think about. This guy she will be going on a date with is much more accomplished than I.

L
L
What makes you think he is going to like her?

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Good point.

I make the mistake of assuming that because I love her, someone else will.

Thanks Lotus

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard