Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 101 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 100 101
P
P
Good to hear from you, Tristan! I've been wondering what's been going on with you. Glad things are going well -- you deserve it!

Are you guys doing the Retrou follow-ups?

Puppy

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you Puppy.

We never went to Retrou. I thought about bringing it up, but never did. All we have been doing is working with the MC.

How have you been? How are things with your W. I hope things are moving well for the 2 of you as well.

-T

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
P
P
We're doing good -- we're GRANDPARENTS now! Ha!

D21 had a baby a month ago tomorrow. I'm really enjoying the "grandpa" thing!

Puppy

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
That's great! Congratulations.

P
P
Originally Posted By: tristan
Thank you Puppy.

We never went to Retrou. I thought about bringing it up, but never did. All we have been doing is working with the MC.

How have you been? How are things with your W. I hope things are moving well for the 2 of you as well.

-T

Thanks for the update, tristan, and I wish you continued success in getting things back together.

I think Retro would be ideal for you, especially if you both are committed to working together to restore your marriage. It might even save you quite a bit of money on MC. I highly recommend it.

WAW Using God
Me-43
W-40
M-14
S-11
S-9
D-7
EABomb 5/09
Separated 12/09
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you pigskin. I just requested info. When reading the website, it looks like it is for couples thinking of divorce or in crisis. Although, we have been there; we no longer are. Do you think it would still be beneficial for us?

Thanks again,
-Eric

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So my W and I have been piecing for a while now. I have started a new thread over in piecing. It is not without difficult discussions. I wanted to share this quote here:

W: "I know you are curious. But when will we be done? I feel like I am being grilled. I cheated and I lied. What else do you want? That is the nature of things; cheaters lie. That is what they do. I am sorry."

Puppy. You, as always, were and are correct. It felt good to hear my W say those words, she is doing her part in this process and it helps. But, I had to chuckle to myself as it was almost verbatim to what you say.

P
P
Originally Posted By: tristan
Thank you pigskin. I just requested info. When reading the website, it looks like it is for couples thinking of divorce or in crisis. Although, we have been there; we no longer are. Do you think it would still be beneficial for us?

Thanks again,
-Eric

Yep. Absolutely. The lessons you learn there and the tools you are given for dealing with emotions and conflict will last a lifetime. And can even help you with relationships other than just your marital one.

It would definitely help with "piecing".

WAW Using God
Me-43
W-40
M-14
S-11
S-9
D-7
EABomb 5/09
Separated 12/09
O
O
From the weekend I went to, at RV, no one is ever told about anyone's situation. Most of the presenters were either post crisis ready to divorce, just ready to divorce, or just starting to peice things together but having problems.

For me, it helped me develop love for my wife. I wouldn't say she was helped that much, but I've heard/read of others that had great moments for both. I think your best benefit should you go is that they focus in on the idea of rebuilding the marriage, not repairing it. After an EA or other issue, you may benefit to re-examine things from that light.

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you OTMT. I asked W about whether she would like to attend. Her response was "I will do whatever you think we need to get back to normal."

Little update:
We are going full throttle in getting our house sold to clear the way for a move to TX. We hope to have it sold by the end of April. We are in a pretty tough market right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, we are keeping ourselves extremely busy. "Decluttering the basement" is our task for this eveing - to be followed by a nice dinner out (the girls are at the grandparents for the week).

Page 91 of 101 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard