Print Thread
Page 7 of 72 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 71 72
S
S
"the only girl a boy can trust is his guitar"

Sometimes I think it's a sin
When I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again

sing that with emotion!

Last edited by Steve McQueen; 02/26/10 05:55 AM.
C
C
Originally Posted By: futureunknown
My W is gone to OM's country for two weeks, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm making plans to take the kids down south for spring break with a couple other families. I'm motivated to pursue this music thing a little bit, just for fun. I'm doing well at work. I don't know what will happen with this woman I met, but it's awesome just to be back in the game. I don't obsess about my sitch all the time any more, in fact hardly at all. I think I've finally made it out of the woods.

To any newcomers out there who can't see any light at the end of their tunnel, hang in there. GAL the best you can, and try not to dwell on everything bad going on. You will feel better. It's taken me over a year, but I've finally made it through. I can honestly say I see my life being happy without my W. In fact, even if she did at some point indicate a desire to reconcile, I wouldn't be very interested. She'd have to pursue and convince me over a long period of time to even have a chance.

I think I prolonged getting here by continuing to pursue my W over the last year. I did ok not openly doing things to pursue her, but in my head, all I wanted was to desperately have my W back. Key word there is desperate, and it kept me from accepting the reality of my life. I see so many possibilities now and the fact that I don't have to deal with my W is lifting a huge weight off me.

Good Frame of Mind.

I am hitting this frame of mind more and more.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
P
P
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
"the only girl a boy can trust is his guitar"

Sometimes I think it's a sin
When I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again

sing that with emotion!

Ahhh, Gordy. LOVE Gordy. "Dreamland," "Old Dan's Records," "Song for a Winter's Night," "Daylight Katie."

and when you hold me tight,
how can life be anything
but beautiful . . .

Puppy

G
G
How are you doing future?

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for asking Gnosis-

I'm doing great. I haven't been on here because I needed to move on, and I have. I have checked on the board from time to time to see how other situations are progressing.

My W was gone on her trip for two weeks, and I barely thought about her at all. I was having a ball. A dozen of us rented a limo to take to a HUGE basketball game a couple weeks ago, including a certain lady. We had a blast. The most fun night I've had in many years. I have gone out with her once since then as well, but I'm taking it VERY slow. Just having fun. I also ran a local race last weekend. Good stuff.

My W got back a couple days ago, and we've made a plan to finish up our paperwork.

Meanwhile, I'm playing another open mic night tonight. I spent the last few weeks preparing some new songs. A large group of my friends is going to be there to watch and support me. I'm starting to feel the nerves again, but it shouldn't be nearly as bad as the first time.

G
G
Way to go Future. It looks like you've finally found the medicine.

I'd really like to keep in touch with you so if you're on FB join the look up the DB group. My last name there is the same as here. Send me a request.

Good luck for tonight.

P
P
Originally Posted By: futureunknown

Meanwhile, I'm playing another open mic night tonight. I spent the last few weeks preparing some new songs. A large group of my friends is going to be there to watch and support me. I'm starting to feel the nerves again, but it shouldn't be nearly as bad as the first time.

I'm thinking Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back in Town," or maybe "Roll Me Away" by Seger.

Took a look down a westbound road,
Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler,
I was tired of my own voice
Took a bead on the northern plains
And just rolled that power on

Twelve hours out of mackinaw city
Stopped in a bar to have a brew
Met a girl and we had a few drinks
And I told her what I'd decided to do
She looked out the window a long long moment
Then she looked into my eyes
She didn't have to say a thing,
I knew what she was thinkin'

Roll, roll me away,
Won't you roll me away tonight
I too am lost, I feel double-crossed
And I'm sick of what's wrong and what's right
We never even said a word,
We just walked out and got on that bike
And we rolled
And we rolled clean out of sight

We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feelin' free

Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold
She said she missed her home
I headed on alone

Stood alone on a mountain top,
Starin' out at the great divide
I could go east, I could go west,
It was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin'
And my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singin'

Roll, roll me away,
I'm gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rollin, gotta keep ridin',
Keep searchin' till I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right

C
C
gotta go with thin lizzy wink

Irish bands rock smile

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
S
S
whiskey tunes

F
OP Offline
F
Ahhh, Seger, LOVE Seger. From my home state. Grew up listening to him. He's one of those singers who's impossible to emulate.

An acoustic version of Thin Lizzy? Would be a freaky thing to try, but I can't see how it could work. The rockin' bass lines are so much a part of their songs. Someone did an acoustic version of "Born To Run" last night, kind of strange, but cool.

Last night went well. I had much less stage fright than last time. Half the people in the bar were my friends who came out to see me, which was awesome. I played

"Old Man" by Neil Young
"Hard Luck Woman" by KISS
"Another Saturday Night" by Cat Stevens

Since the spring weather has finally started to arrive here, I took a chance and finished with "Sunshine On My Shoulders" by John Denver. I'd been playing and singing it with my daughter over the last few days, and I got pretty good with it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The bar crowd didn't quite know what to make of it, but some of the ladies were swooning, so that's fine with me!

Page 7 of 72 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 71 72

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard