Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31
G
G
gima,

From the blog of Susan J. Elliott, author of Getting Past Your Breakup:

"But above all else: forget this person you fell in love with. They are never coming back. The person who LEFT YOU is more in line with who this person REALLY is than the person you fell in love with."

Susan J. Elliott

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
gima,

From the blog of Susan J. Elliott, author of Getting Past Your Breakup:

"But above all else: forget this person you fell in love with. They are never coming back. The person who LEFT YOU is more in line with who this person REALLY is than the person you fell in love with."

Susan J. Elliott

I saw that on your thread. The hard part is admitting to myself that THAT woman has been gone for a while. And, realizing she could be someone she really wasn't for many years.

So, the difficulty is in realizing that a large part of my M was really just a lie. That's being a bit over the top, but it's true.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
gima,
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
I saw that on your thread. The hard part is admitting to myself that THAT woman has been gone for a while. And, realizing she could be someone she really wasn't for many years.

So, the difficulty is in realizing that a large part of my M was really just a lie. That's being a bit over the top, but it's true.
I dunno, gima. Like most of us here, we didn't notice them slowly leaving until it was very obvious and/or too late.

As for it being a lie, we're each responsible for our own actions only. And we're not mind readers. Were your approaches, attitudes, behaviors in your marriage lies? I think not. You are too honest and genuine.

So, although I hear (the depths of) where you're coming from, I'd have to say, "No, gima, your marriage was not a lie."

Goodnight.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
Quote:

Wow, I was thinking this same thing this weekend, and I even (inappropriately, I know, so put away the 2x4's) told this to stbxw when talking with her this past weekend.

I think that we also were untrue to ourselves a bit also, so we are not without blame, it just seems to suck more when you realize it from both sides.

Certainly from my "Nice Guy" traits, that is true. Now trying not to beat myself up over it so much, and work on changing for the better..

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
C
C
Cesco,The kids don't know. Its going to be VERY hard telling them.
Your wife should tell them with you present so she doesn't try a "weasel;"

Oh yeah, this is her responsibility. Don't you dare be a nice guy and rescue her from this.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Coach
Cesco,The kids don't know. Its going to be VERY hard telling them.
Your wife should tell them with you present so she doesn't try a "weasel;"

Oh yeah, this is her responsibility. Don't you dare be a nice guy and rescue her from this.

Hey man, I hope you know me well enough by now to know I am not telling them. I have already told W this is her decision, so she's going to tell the kids - with me present, of course.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
M
M
How long is she planning on waiting to drop this on them? The day someone is actually moving out???? The kids need time to cope with this.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

G
OP Offline
G
We haven't talked about that yet and I would like to hear everyone's opinion of the timing on this.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
C
C
Does she have a move out day?

I think she is confused and may not tell them at all. Why would a teenager want to tell her kids something that an adult should be saying. This confusion is actually a good thing GIMA.
I know you don't get that but believe me confusion is good!

Stay the course. Don't do any of her lifting. You will be fine.

Me-70, D37,S36
M
M
GIMA,

IMHO the kids already suspect something is going on. They are more intuitive than you would think, even at a young age.

As far as timing in when to tell them. The time is never going to be 'right'. But they do need to time absorb it all before a significant change is made.

In my sitch, we announced the separation to the kids when evidence of the move became apparent such as the packing up of boxes. The timing was about 2 weeks prior to H moving out.

Me & H: 33 yrs
S: 4 & 6
D: 2
M: 9 yrs
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
SEPARATED: 9/09
The Beginning
Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard