Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
B
B
POP smile

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
I
I
Godd morning Chica.....do you have any thoughts on the hair phobia the men in MLC have......any thoughts

Done 01/2014
B
B
I think we should start a thread about it....here goes smile

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
L
L
IRMAC-

The hair phobia? Please expand on that one...LOL. Of course I might not be the one to help on this since I have been pretty bald since my mid-20's and now just keep it shaved down all the time.

Jack-Question...There are two good threads going on right now that highlight the importance of keeping children out of all this as much as possible (I think you can figure out which ones I am thinking of). With the posters permissions of course...is there away to start a sticky post about the possible affects of getting the children involved? I think this takes more precedent since in MLC world we talk years instead of months and the fight to keep the children uninvolved is so much harder due to the time frame. Thoughts?

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
B
B
Lost,
I know the question was for Jack, but I am butting in if that is OK.
Kids do NOT need to know what their MLCparent is doing.

It is YOUR job as the sane LBS to protect your children.

Why would anyone want to burden their child with the knowledge that their mom or dad is being a total idiot?

Your children are smart enough to figure things out on their own.

More importantly, the bottom line is this....

Your child still loves your spouse regardless of what you may think of them, don't do anything to poison them.

L
L
BND-

I totally agree.....That is why I am suggesting a sticky post highlighting just that with examples of what might happen. Even if we don't get examples from here on the board, but from elsewhere....sometimes if people can see the results of examples it is more affective than just being told not to do it.

B
B
Lost,

It was the hardest thing for me to have to face my kids each day knowing that their Dad was out galavanting and having to keep my big mouth shut.

But, I also knew that as a child of Divorced parents myself, I grew up knowing all of the details of my Dad's infidelities and it caused many issues in my own relationships.

I didn't lie to my children, but I did avoid telling them the truth.

He lived 3000 miles away and with the time difference it was hard for the kids to contact him.

There were days when they would send him emails or leave him voicemails and he wouldn't reply.

I would let the kids know that their Dad had called but it was late and they were asleep. I would let them know that he loved them and would try to call again later in the week.

I hated having to do this to them BUT it would have been worse if they had known the truth about him.

Also, as my Husband did end up coming home again, could you imagine if the children had known all of the gorey details of his life in Neverland?

Blech!

C
C
BND

I think your post is exactly what LFW is saying!

Me-70, D37,S36
L
L
Quote:
But, I also knew that as a child of Divorced parents myself, I grew up knowing all of the details of my Dad's infidelities and it caused many issues in my own relationships.

Quote:
Also, as my Husband did end up coming home again, could you imagine if the children had known all of the gorey details of his life in Neverland?

These are the point I want to make exactly....That to much involvement may have life altering repercussions. We do touch on it here and there....but just today another poster asked about it. Not that I want to bash that poster....but I think dealing with children should be the focal point of a sticky post.

My parents aren't divorced....but I have friends who's parents divorced ugly including affairs....it was sad to their interactions were their parents as adults (and other's in relationships)....just sad, but caused by overexposure to the events.

J
OP Offline
J
: )

I do not posses the power of the sticky.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard