Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 89 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 88 89
W
W
"Or ignore."

Great advice. Remember, the only words you want to hear "I dumped the ho". Anything else will drive you nuts! Enjoy the pleasantness of it, but trying to guess at what it means is crazy-making!

ps. just got the "bitches" book. Exciting Friday nite for me!

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"
1st thread
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I am almost on the alt! Just uploading a profile pic!

Well I know that "I dumped the ho" is what I want to hear.

Why do I bother trying to hope with you guys? sigh! (LOL)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

M
M
I don't believe you!!! LoL

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
M
M
Newmama - You need to meet ST - Crissy. She single-handedly brought her marriage back from a really, really bad spot, INFIDELITY and all. Her approach was much like yours, WITH very young children. I'm going to send her over. You will just adore her, AND you'll meet her in the alt. She's cute as they come, too!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you MF! Send her over or I can look her up, too! Ok I am on the alt. Wanted to be Cutterbug's friend but there was not even an option :-(

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well, I am headed down to stay the night at my GF's. So we'll have a good time I am sure!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

C
C
saw ya in the alt my friend.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
gotcha Cbug!

Ok I have returned...we ended up playing Rock Band, drinking beer and having fun of course! I did ask my friend and her H their opinion on why WH hasn't divorced me yet. Her H thinks he will because how could he come back after this mess he's made... and my girlfriend said she used to think he was going to but now she isn't sure....she thought maybe he is waiting until I go back to work for some reason. Or maybe he won't D me and we will R.

I asked them how they would handle it if we R. They said they love me, so they would accept him, but would probably secretly hate him for awhile (lol). So I asked them to think of this year of separation as WH flew over the cuckoo's nest/had an early MC/ etc. I asked if that would change their perspective a little... and they seemed to accept that idea. BTW we only talked about my sitch for maybe a total of 20 minutes! I don't dwell on it too much w/ my friends and family!

So this a.m. my friend made cottage cheese pancakes topped with fresh berries and whipped cream, and thick bacon on the side. It was GORGEOUS out so she and I went for an hour long walk up hills and through fields...it was a great work out!

I did not receive a text from WH updating me on S' night...he has done that the last 3-4 times and I have replied with one word comments but last week I did not reply at all!

So I was kind of hoping when I returned this afternoon, they would already be here, seeing me arrive, you know? But no.I showered and just put on some comfy clothes but did not have hair or make up done. When they did walk in the door, I was so happy to see S (of course) and WH just hung out for about 10 minutes or so, and we talked 99% about S. I guess he slept upright on WH last night because of his latest cold. He reminded me to schedule S' 9 month dr appt. I was thinking he might bring up daycare places because a couple months ago he said we need to look at more when S is 9 months. But he didn't. He just sat there on the couch and we sat in silence for a minute watching S play. I HATE "pregnant pauses" usually but am trying to let them occur if you KWIM.

I reminded him that I would be going out on Monday night and he said yep, and Thurs too, right? Then he said he would be bringing more vick's strips,the appliance bulbs and would set up the humidifier for tonight. And he left.

BUT something kinda sad happened- S was smiling big at him and giggling while we were both in the living room. Well, I was holding him when WH left and he smiled big at him. Then, when WH left and turned the corner, S kept looking for him, thinking he would be right back. So it made me cry pretty hard because S wants to see his daddy and he is not available. S never cried, but he clearly does enjoy his daddy.

Well must focus on the present!!!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I forgot something positive! Last night I was buying beer. When I walked up to the counter, the cashier said"My, you look terrific tonight! Can I see your ID?"

I told him he was very clever to compliment before asking for ID but asking for the ID is a compliment in itself! He said well you sure don't look your age!

Gentlemen, (and ladies) CHARM WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

M
M
Whooo Hoooo NM!!!

I was carded the other day, too... OK, it was at WALMART, by a 70 yo lady w/four teeth... but, hey, it almost put a kick in my step!!!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

Page 74 of 89 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 88 89

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard