Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52
F
F
We all too often blame depression as a cause for our problems. He's depressed. She's depressed. It's still painful to confront ourselves when someone else tells us they don't love us anymore, or, they love someone else more.

Many people WILL be depressed when they face either losing the spouse they love, or, leaving the spouse they loved. However, to think that treating the depression or waiting for it to go away, will bring love back, is ridiculous.

Kalni...keep things in perspective. Time is on your side. Play the game of Twister...keep one hand on your faith and the other foot well planted in reality.

Sagapo.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
M
M
So, historically, dates were down-played. You want to do something special for your birthday. But you didn't tell him that.

I dunno, sounds pretty obvious why he isn't make a big deal out of Valentine's day, your birthday, etc.

If you don't say to him, "I want to go to dinner and dancing for my birthday, even if it's not on the exact day" he will never figure it out.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
K
K
That is a great point. Spell it out. I want xyz for my birthday when we celebrate it. It may not always be this way, you just have to retrain both of your thought processes! smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I just found out we are getting some kind of extra bonus this year, almost 4000 euros for me!!! Which means I will be 99% debt free and free to buy....PURSES again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!

And... Victoria Secrets' order did get here today. John posted it to me on Dec 9th!!! 2,5 month but hey, I thought it was lost, H had paid it with his card (he found out later), it's an extra bonus for me!!! (wow when those people say PLUNGE they REALLY mean it, I feel like Suzy Onatop staring on "Hispanic Novel" night already!!! smile
SO

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
L
L
Congratulations on the bonus! That is wonderful. I hope you enjoy your new purses! The VS stuff sounds great too. Hope H likes it.

M
M
SWEET!

That's so awesome!

(((Maria)))

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
T
T
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
Kalni...keep things in perspective. Time is on your side. Play the game of Twister...keep one hand on your faith and the other foot well planted in reality.

FIB

F,

who's to say that faith-based approach/thinking is in any way less than reality. Maybe you, I am not quite sure on what it is you are implying/saying so I shall not place words other than those you "spoke" as attributable to you. My point is that life (and I speak as a Christian) does not have an 'A/B toggle switch' built into it when it comes to basing thing on your faith vs. basing things on "reality". Hogwash! They are one in the same. That is too complex, life is meant to be simpler than that ..until we go screw it up!

Through Christ and only through Christ do I know this.

Ted

debut thread
J
J
<<Hogwash! They are one in the same. That is too complex, life is meant to be simpler than that ..until we go screw it up!>>

Hey Ted, I know you mean well and are a good Christian and all...but we are all well meaning on this site regardless of our religious affiliations. We all have opinions...no need to refer to a brother's opinion as hogwash.

Your reality may be your faith. Someone else's reality may differ. Who is to say what is right or wrong?

K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Lotus!! No, I am not buying any new purses. I am actually saving my colector's Valentino one for my... daughter. It's such a classic, vintage, subtle, elegant, discreet "piece". I am done with purses (ok maybe not done but close enough-LOL).

Underwear is another story. I feel sexier with sexy unedrwear. I dont think H will see any of it soon though...

I am calculating my debts vs the unexpected money I am getting. And it looks good! I think I will be able to start saving a little every month. I never done that since me and H had common accounts (he took with him when he left). And I am excited about it!!

FB, Tomato, John, faith and religion are a very personal issue. I admire people that can really LIVE their faith.
FB, I am very "grounded".

H has been calling 10 times a day. I am upbeat and friendly. LIke I would be with a close friend of mine. He is living some real exciting days. He is currently in SunCity. Monkeys got into their rooms and stole the fruit! He had dinner tonight, under the moonlight, with a zulu tribe dancers group dancing around the fires. Elephants and lions making "noises" not very far away. He sounded very impressed. Not a sign of depression I can see. To think I asked to go along, makes me...jealous. Ijust wont take him with me to Montreal. LOL
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
R
R
His constant calling is a good sign. Too bad you weren't there to experience it all as well. That will come in time.

As for the underwear - GREAT MOVE!! You'll feel sexier and it will show in your attitude.

H will see it in you too.

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard