Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
OP Offline
H
Well, they did surgery on his leg last night, then released him today. My son and Sister in law went up there...I couldn't get there; I was in Kansas when he called me yesterday; over 1000 miles away, and I'm still out here working...I have to..we are both self employed, and it's going to fall totally on me to do most of the supporting while he's at home.
Not that I'm complaining...I can handle this..I've handled worse things before. And it definitely could be alot worse.

Anyway....

They are on their way home, and Sis in law says Husband looks pretty bad. He had already told me that I didn't need to deviate from my schedule as he will be out of work for three months, and I don't know how it will take to get what the self employed's equal of Workman's comp started.

I told him early this morning that I'd do what he's asking me to do, but I do NOT like it...but that's trucking; it will inconvenience you when you least expect it.

But he's going to be all right, and that's the main thing.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
D
D
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband.

J
J
My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. I am glad that H will be ok and is on his way home.

I have to agree with Jack 3B that even though NO ONE should go by time lines those 6 stages of MLC are so valuable to all of us her. Snodderly and 25 and some others also have very good onsight into a lot of what is MLC.

Bless you and your Family. I will keep you in my prayers.

JAK

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when, you can only decide how you're going to live now. ~Joan Baez
C
C
Quote:
.But he's going to be all right, and that's the main thing.
I am glad. Thank you for the post on my thread.
When do you get back home? I can relate to being away. When I flew in the AF I could be away for weeks and we had no real communications in those days. Only expensive land line phones.

Also don't know if you missed it but I posted a question to you on your thread a few days ago. Take your time you have a lot on your plate. Don't I know.

Wishing you the best.

Me-70, D37,S36
H
OP Offline
H
Everyone, the prayers and well wishing is much appreciated; husband, son and sis in law made it home at 2 a.m. this morning.
My son has actually surprised me; he somehow kept enough endurance to roll over 900 miles yesterday...he'd told sis in law that it would be better once they picked up his dad to take him straight home..it would have been difficult, if not impossible to have tried to get him out of the car and into a motel room. He's a good fellow; can't really say he's a kid, as 23 is not exactly a child any longer..and I've observed his face beginning to sculpt itself into a man's face with the last six months. I know I'm proud of him. smile

He is doing better since he got home; but is still in a great deal of pain...said he wished I was there as he needed a sponge bath....I started laughing, and told him to ask his sister to give him one. I also told him that I KNEW he didn't keep me around but for what I could for him, LOL...joking with him and he laughed too.

I'm glad to hear him laugh..the pain's been terrible on him.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
F
F
Glad to hear he's back home now.

Take good care of him when you're not on the road and don't forget to take good care of you. Sounds like your plate is going to be full for a little while.

Don't stand still.
T
T
HeartsBlessings,

So nice to have you on this board again. You are a legend......

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

H
OP Offline
H
Oh, bless your heart, Trusting...I am NOT a legend...maybe I need to quite arguing with that, and just say thanks? smile

It looks like I'm back for a little while. So much has changed here, but many things have not changed..the monster of MLC is alive and well...and wreaking havoc in a new set of situations.

Update on my husband...

He's doing well at this time..still buzzy on pain meds...Son is taking care of him; if things go well..Son will head back to work Monday.

I know one thing; they put a HUGE cast on him that extends all the way up to his knee....and he said it was HEAVY!

All have a great day...I want to say come on...chin up, it'll be all right..though it doesn't look that way at times.

Love,
HB

C
C
Quote:
I am NOT a legend...maybe I need to quite arguing with that, and just say thanks? smile
Maybe your not a legend but for us here on this board what you wrote is legendary.

Me-70, D37,S36
H
OP Offline
H
Point taken, OP. smile Thanks for clarifying that in a way I couldn't. smile

All is well right now, I think..husband said he was burning up and I'm afraid he's running a fever.

I'm still out here on the road...trying not to let what I've got to do overwhelm me. While waiting for Workman's comp to start, from what I understand this might take awhile.. I will be the one responsible for the bills...and that's a scary thought this time.

I've supported our household before on my own....but this time I will have to take on his truck payment along with all the other bills; it's ALOT of money each month; more than I think I can come up with...and I'm praying really hard for the Lord to give me strength and provide the means to help me.

I always knew the Lord would aid my efforts..and I'm believing He will this time, too.

I'm just trying to overcome the feeling of having bitten off more than I can chew...and it's not even my fault this is happening.

Later.

Last edited by HeartsBlessing; 02/20/10 03:29 AM.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard