Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
OP Offline
Kaw!

I love it! Thank you for such an amazing alarm clock!

Thank you for coming by KAW!

Hugs!

PIB
OP Offline
3 Positives for Monday:

1> He called me twice!

2> He left me a message that made me giggle. He said, "Hey, it's your looooover boy!"

3> When I called him back, I could hear in his voice how happy he was to hear from me.

4> That's not the only interaction I'll have with him today, as I'll get to see him tonight too!

Hugs!

PIB
AWESOME!!!!!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
happy home warming pnbloom (I love that you finally changed the name!)

so part of my gift will be your new name (but I gave that to ya a bit ago)

let's see??? how bout a nice cozy blanket to keep you warm and perhaps enjoy some cuddles under.

a pair of funky new fangled glasses that help you to see the positives...now these aren't those rose colored glasses we hear so much about, these are simply ones that when you put on you are able to see ALL that is happening and not get stuck in the what isn't.

how bout a nice mat to put both your and your h's shoes on when you come in the door and oooh I know a pair of slippers for each of you cause after all comfort is what it's about right!!

so happy for you!

LL

OP Offline
LL,

Aww...I love those glasses. I think I broke my rose-colored ones about 6 months ago...so these are perfect!

Yes, when you gifted me with the new name, I didn't quite feel ready for it. But it's time.

Thank you for all your gifts LL!

Hugs!

PIB
LL stole my idea, so I guess I'll have to give a glass that is always half full, and a plant that will never die come hot or cold (if you remember to water it once a week...like a R)

"You don't throw a whole life away just 'cause it's banged up a little" Tom Smith in "Seabiscuit"
OP Offline
Ooo,

Thank you Opt!

Such great gifts!

Wonderful!!

Hugs!

PIB
OP Offline
Canier says:

It's funny how you can look at something every day and never really see it. There's a revelation in store over the next couple of days. It is due to be positive and encouraging though it may well leave you wondering why it's taken so long to come about. Was the answer really there all along or did it somehow magically appear? Really, who cares? All you need to know is that if you apply the trick, principle or plan you are about to develop, it will work. And if you give respect to something you have been taking for granted, you'll be glad.

Hmm...I'm intrigued!

Well, another day of work is over...and I must go get groceries for tonight!

Thank you everyone for all the gifts and happy tears!

Good night all!

Hugs all!

PIB
C
C
Quote:

Thank you everyone for all the gifts and happy tears!

Good night all!

Hugs all!

Well PhoenixNBloom, I wanted to send a quick thank you note for allowing me to crash your homewarming party. I'm very glad you didn't call the "boss" and have me thrown into the box overnight.

CoolHandLuke
OP Offline
Giggle!

I'm happy you crashed my party, CoolHandLuke!

So, as some of you folks know, I refer to my husband as my Monkey.

For those of you who haven't read the story yet, here it is:

The trick in catching the monkey is to not wait around watching for him to get into the cage you have set up for this purpose...he will, if you leave him alone and let him be, (and given plenty of time and patience) hop right in there for you....
R8chel this is not mere idle speculation on how to catch a monkey,it comes from the stories told by those who have been on Safari (Great White hunters) in the jungle....

When the hunter(s) wanted to catch a monkey they learnt fast that if they stayed in camp the monkees would hang out on the camps perimeter, but come no closer...however if they left the camp and went far enough away, (acting very nonchalantly...whistleing even ) then the monkees would come right into camp and MIMIC exactly what the humans had been doing (Monkey see, monkey do!.... ) So just before they left camp, the hunters would make sure they handled some enticing piece of equipment , perhaps something like binnoculars, (the bait in this case because bannanas for the monkees are plentiful so have have no great curiosity value or appeal ), something different is needed.... (in relationship terms a change needs to be seen that the monkey feels is real...not just the usual "FARE"...."Bannanas to that", our little chimps says!, he does'nt want any more of our "more of the same") and they would place that equipment inside the trap...the monkey comes into the camp oblivious to the fact that there's a cage around the glittering prize, thats all he's see's and bingo he's trapped (but he does'nt feel trapped as in our previous realtionship's with him, and which led him to want to walkaway) ...he has eye's only for the prize and wii stay there willingly playing with it.... And all the native porter's could be heard singing..."Slowee slowee catchee monkee,slowlee slowlee catchee monkee......" ...

This if from Mick/Royce. I tried to find the actual post but wasn't able.

Anyway, that story always helped me. So, yesterday, I was shopping for supplies for the house, including bathroom soap dispensers. I found a dispenser with clear antibacterial soap (forget who makes it) and it had a jungle scene inside the bottle with a monkey hanging on the straw that the soap is pumped through!

I giggled when I saw it and I got it for my monkey. I think it'll help me remember to take things 'slowlee slowlee'.

I confessed to my husband that I refer to him as My Monkey on the BB. He was surprised.

So, we had some fun interactions yesterday!

Hugs all.

PIB
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard