Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
L
OP Offline
L
But what is life without pitfalls and razors.....we define it by who we are and how we walk the path.

How are you by the way? I reviewed my old posts and realized I hadn't asked that in awhile...rather rude of me actually.

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
J
J
Thanks man.

I am good. Really good.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
OP Offline
L
Very interesting conversation during therapy yesterday. We discussed the law of attraction and visualization.

In the past, I first found visualization very helpful in sports. Prior to a football or hockey game I would visual every play in my head. Each action I would take...and the positive outcome that each action would achieve. Come game time...I was ready to go and knew what I was going to do.

I still practice it today, just not as successfully. We were discussing how the economy isn't going right and I was complaining about issues out of my control. So he asked me if I was proactively visualizing what I wanted to achieve...and I wasn't.

So my latest 180 is to work on my visualization skills...focusing on working in the field...since the end goal is getting work and be in the field means that I got a project. So I focused/mediated with my vision this morning for 20 minutes. I will share the outcome with you all...should be fun.

L
OP Offline
L
OK...review of positive thinking a visualization...Last 24 hours

In the surveying business I have been notified I got a project and I am just waiting on a signed contract

Since yesterday I have calls for estimates on three DJ gigs and it looks like I am booking a fourth one (started before visualization).....

Another note to self; I like what I am seeing on the board...maybe a change in the season, but there are a lot of people in positive situations smile

T
T
So glad you have some positives in regards to work!

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
L
OP Offline
L
TF-

There is positive in everything...as long as you open up to it. I told my therapist not long ago.....this was a journey that my wife and I needed to go through. Was it painful...very much. The truth, that I see in hindsight, is that there was a lot more gained than lost....even if it had been my marriage. I see the world differently, I appreciate the small things, stress about a lot less, and feel like I am on a much better path for myself...instead of for every one else.

In here, sometimes we get so wrapped up in our marriages that we forget to talk about all the other things that are important....So I remind myself to sometimes talk about stuff that has no regards to my marriage....just to remember that there is more to life.

T
T
You are so right. I have always been a glass half empty kind of person and that is something I have been trying to turn around for the past year or so. I can sit back and look at my blessings and they are many!

A couple of weeks ago I started this with the kids, too. Before bed each night they have to tell me at least one good thing about their day. They now look forward to it and don't want to miss.

And there is definitely more to life than marriage for sure.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
L
OP Offline
L
Well officially booked the fourth gig and I know the signed contract for the survey will be coming in today....so a good day.

The downer of the day being that two of my cd players need work, and of course DJ CD players are not cheap to fix. So I have some things to do.

Semi-busy day today.....I need to download more music, draft up a plan, and then tonight is a bouncing night.

On the marriage side of things...the wife and I are working together on getting back into the shape we want to be. Discussing our diets and work outs...so that is cool. I also think she was showing me off yesterday...I brought something to her work and instead of coming outside to get it...she had me come inside and introduced me to the new employees. That is a first in a long time....since it used to be easier for her to hide the kids and I than acknowledge us....Off for a run since it is finally warm enough to do that smile

L
OP Offline
L
Been a few hectic days since I last journalled.

Marriage-Still quite on that one, but may have issues coming up. The wife is a boss of sorts now...so she is making the transitions from having co-worker friends to having friends who are employees. In my experience this is often a very hard transition because people just don't know how to handle the change. well today she had words with an old friend co-worker who is now and employee. Of course my wife was right in discussing unprofessional behavior in the work place, but the friend then called my wife out on face book...didn't directly say it was my wife...but insinuated how she wasn't a good person. Will have to see how this goes....but telling some one that they have no appreciation for their family and are a PITA is sure to have some consequences...LOL

Money-Will this economy change? There must be one high end economist posting on here with at least one good piece of news. The weather has basically killed my business for the last two months, cost me nights working at the bar, and now things are beyond tight. Like Rameen Noodles for the next two weeks tight....I hate this. The good news though....we have removed $25,000 in debt since December 1st....That has cost me a few nights sleep and I had to sell my jeep to pull it off....but that is one monkey off our back.

Temptation-I hate to say it, but temptation tempted me often this weekend. The marriage is getting better, but the...ahem....physical side of things is basically non-existent. This weekend was hard...On Friday night I had this very persistent 25 year old trying to get me to go out for breakfast with her after closing...it took awhile, but I got out of it without hurting her feelings. Then Saturday night I had two women ask me to their hotel room (the bar is in a hotel).....all I did was talk with them! No flirting...no innuendo...nothing. Then to top it off....I break up a heated argument between two guys over a girl. It appears that the girl was an ex of one of them and he didn't like her dancing with the other guy. So after it is done and we get the guys out of the place...she starts talking with me. I do my bouncer thing and listen to her...shortly she comments what a good listener I am, how I am cute, and do I want to go and talk over a beer in her room. WTF! I have to keep my mind on the goal.....but this was over the top. I need to go check my bank accounts...maybe the wife was paying them to tempt me...LOL.

Super Highlight of the weekend;

We went bowling as a family Saturday (good thing the owner cut us an awesome deal...basically bowled for free) and there was no fighting. Everyone actually had a good time. My wife even commented that it have never happened that way before. Of course my wife did kick my butt......:)

C
C
Quote:

I'll try one more question. This one is open to anyone on this entire board.
I think that the difference between a WAS and a MLC is the childhood issues, but the hormonal issues are the same for both. Anyone care to share their thought on this?
LFW you seem to have more knowledge about WAS than I do. I had this posted on my thread but no one seemed to answer. We seemed to discuss the science behind MLC. Is there any science behind WAS?

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard