Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43
A
A
He is wooing you and showing you how much he cares--dragging himself around to musicals.

Take a deep breath and enjoy. Set the worry aside if you can. Look at all the fabulous shoes around you!

I'm going to post my shoe collection on FB: sorrells, merrils, keenes, barn boots, ski boots, hiking boots...

I did like Nelly Furtado's shoes in the opening ceremonies of the Olympics!

And please have a street pretzel for me!

Me: 44
Him: 42
Together: 23 years; never married
Bomb: August 1, 2009
Affair since May 2009
Walk away; no conversation; no process
R
R
Pearl... so happy for you! NYC! Love it. We had an amazing trip there in 2002 and stayed in Manhatten... will never forget it. It's been too long...

Enjoy! Live in the moment... the other stuff can wait for now. :-)

M
M
Originally Posted By: avermont

I did like Nelly Furtado's shoes in the opening ceremonies of the Olympics!

Aver - They were FAB, weren't they!!??!?!?

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
P
OP Offline
P
Av, realized after lunch that I didn't have a street pretzel. Bummer BC I love them! Didn't see Nelly's shoes, will Google them when I get home. Didn't buy a single thing! Making good on my no shopping until I get a job plan.

Sitting on the plane waiting to go back home. It was a nice weekend, great surprise. Only bad thing is now that I know which shows are on Broadway now I want to come back for a week in April or May.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
K
K
Pearl,

You lucky girl. I love, love, love Manhattan.

No shopping? Wow, your discipline is to be admired!!!

Can't keep a good woman down
A
A
And the dress was sumpin' pretty special too...or at least how she wore it!

Me: 44
Him: 42
Together: 23 years; never married
Bomb: August 1, 2009
Affair since May 2009
Walk away; no conversation; no process
P
OP Offline
P
Did see a clip of Nelly on the plane. The Dsquared dress was cool (I love that blue) as were the shoes. I'm not a huge fan of ankle straps though.

M
M
Pearl,
I am jealous you went to NYC. I so want to go there. I have been bugging H that we should go there together to celebrate our 40th birthdays this year. I love traveling but have not been on a holiday for ages. I think it would be a great way for us to reconnect without the kids around.

Me: 42, H: 43
Daughters: 7,5
Together: 16 Married: 9
Jan 2010- Piecing
Fen 2013 ????
P
OP Offline
P
Ok, here's the weekend update:

I thought we were going to SF since we had discussed going over Thanksgiving before the Rome idea came up. Was totally surprised when we walked down the gates at the airport and stopped in front of the Laguardia gate. I have been to NYC many times with girlfriends or by myself, only once with BF and that was for less than 24 hours to pick up my car. When I'm there I love to go to Broadway musicals, shop and visit museums. The top three things BF doesn't like to do are...you got it. So it never occurred to me that he would book a trip for us there.

On the plane I was watching a movie and there was a line that reminded me of the first text from OW I found on BF's phone. Immediately I was back in that dark time and started crying. I was thinking that no amount of fabulous trips and gifts can make up for what he did. And again wondering if I can live with this for the rest of my life.

I pulled myself together when the plane landed and we headed into Manhattan. BF booked a nice hotel near Times Square where I like to stay. We froze our extremities standing in the tkts line for tickets to a show that night then had dinner in a nearby Irish pub. Off to the show: Chicago. Love the show, hated this production. The new "celebrity" star was absolutely terrible and the rest of the cast was average. Plus we still paid a lot of money for pretty bad seats. Sigh.

Sunday morning it was back to tkts only to realize they didn't have anything I wanted to see. We decided to enter the lottery for West Side Story front row tix to the matinee and BF got the last pair! We ended up split, each of us on the center aisle. It's a great production--the kids were all good, even the understudy Tony. So it made up for the previous show. BF enjoyed it, lots of dancing and catchy tunes to hold his attention.

BF had asked a coworker who used to live in NYC for a restaurant recommendation so we ended up at a great Italian place on the upper east side that is a neighborhood joint but also had a wall of celebrity patrons. The food and ambiance were great and BF said he could get used to going to nice Italian places. That's a 180 for him because in the past I would often want to go out for Italian and he nixed it because he "doesn't like pasta." That changed after we went to Rome. wink

Monday morning we slept in, packed and headed down to Chinatown. We missed the new year parade on Sunday but still wanted to have good dim sum, something we sorely miss about living in Seattle. Found a good place and tried some new dishes. We wandered around shopping for a bit because he wanted to see where I get the knockoff handbags and fake watches (the guys on Canal St) then it was time to go.

All in all it was a great weekend.

Back to worrying about what to do long-term tomorrow.

M
M
Pearl -

The bottom line, he made an amazing effort. Let us know how to help you with your thought process!!!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard