Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 81 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 80 81
R
R
Hey, there, Princess!!

I'm so glad to catch up and read your report. Things are going well, it seems, but do be sure to be careful w/the fertility drugs. Some can be dicey!!!

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

A
OP Offline
A
Hi Rob! Hows life?
Yes I heard that and I definetly dont want any !! I might need some medication for this prolactin/thyroid issue though, unfortunately. I have my appointment today with the endocrinologist, I've been reading and taking notes but I am nervous.. consultants in this country HATE to be questioned and can get quite bad tempered if you do! Hopefully, he's a nice consultant.

I found out my TSH is 4.6, it needs to be between 0.5 and 2 and preferably around 1 to conceive frown

B
B
Hey Al! I had to have an MRI for pituitary tumor last fall, due to the fact that I was lactating for no apparent reason!! (Not like it was streaming out, but if I rubbed off with a towel, they would leak, when I ran if the sports bra chafed, they would leak, etc.)

It went away but then came back, now I take cabergoline tablets, once a week to treat the problem...

Not sure what to do about the TSH...that is strange as well! Take care Al...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
K
K
So what did the doc say? Or did they send you out to get even more lab work done? Hope things are good.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. wink

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
A
OP Offline
A
Hey girls... Bobbi thanks I posted on your thread asking about Cabergoline, because I too have been prescribed that, but I've been too scared to take it! Silly, but the side effects look horrendous.

I wasnt expecting all of this and it feels a bit overwhelming, mainly because I feel like I dont really know whats going on with my body. I had 45 minutes with the consultant and asked him some specific questoins about TSH/prolactin/FSH, thyroid antibodies and numbers needed to get pregnant and apart from the raised Prolactin he pooh poohed everything I said..in a nice, super reassuring way..but its not him thats trying to get pregnant is it and frankly, I dont trust doctors. They missed my Dads heliobacteria for 6 years, misdiagnosed my Uncle's bowel cancer for 4 years until it was advanced (he has survived 7 years thankfully).

I am worried my TSH is elevated (but doc says its just outside of normal at 4.6).. ALL the ladies on these fertility forums say they didnt get pg till there levels were under 2. So presumably I need thyroid medicine too..BUT, I dont want to have to take Cabergoline and Thyroxine and whatever else.

I signed up for a yoga class.. I cant believe its not possible to heal yourself without the use of pharmaceuticals...

BF being his usual loving self, he said on the weekend, its like it all never happened really.. like just a bad dream. He didnt propose but he took me away for a romantic weekend, back to a little boutique hotel we went to years ago, when we decided to move down here.. before his Dad died and the depression and the bomb. So that was sweet. We even ended up in the same room!! I was so happy.

B
B
I am so glad you had a fabulous weekend! smile Very romantic.

The cabergoline does make me feel a little nauseated/sleepy, but only for a day or so. I just blow off my healthy food and eat whatever sounds good and then I am fine! smile In my case they also put my on birth control pills to try and help the hormone levels, but of course that won't work for you!

Don't know if your prolactin level is high enough to cause you to have milk in your breasts, but if so, another treatment they suggested was that I wear a tight sports bra 24 hours a day for 28 days. That was not incredibly fun, sleeping in it for one, and also a lot of fashions do not look as flattering with a sports bra underneath when I was relying on some padding and underwire to give me shape! grin

Oh well, it was a non-medical intervention. Also this may be TMI for some of you, but when you ML you should avoid having bf stimulate your breasts in anyway, that triggers milk production and can cause your prolactin levels to stay elevated...

OK enough of my opinion. Hopefully the yoga will help you stay calm. And of course, the more sex, the more likely to conceive! wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
A
OP Offline
A
Thankyou Bobbi! Well that does sound very reassuring, I guess I should just take it! In answer to your question, no, I dont have any symptoms of raised prolactin at all! They only discovered it because I went for a general hormone check up to get pg.

I guess I was disappointed he didnt propose, but then, things are wonderful so I really shouldnt complain. I dont want to ask him myself, I want him to do the manly thing and ask me, it would be better for him that way around. I dont want to demasculinate him!

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
M
M
Sounds like a LOVELY weekend!

Hope they get your health stuff figured out!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! Sunggled up in bed with the man you love in a cozy hotel. Brilliant!

I have no idea what all that hormone stuff is about and have absolutely no sage advice to give, but I certainly hope you get it all figured out soon. Just know, the more you stress yourself about it, the less likely to conceive. Yoga should help quite a bit I would say!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
W
Ali if you haven't already you should get your hands on Louise Hay - You can heal your life.

It's a great book about how we create and can heal our own physical illnesses. Her philosophy is a very simple and profound one around the idea that we create every so-called illness in our body. She proposes a theory that resentment, criticism, and guilt are the most damaging patterns and releasing resentment will dissolve even cancer.

She expounds that self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the keys to positive changes. When we really love ourselves, everything in our life works.

It’s a great tomb on self development and self awareness. Some of the affirmations are a bit over the top – but the theory and how it can be applied to our lives is really powerful.

V

Never make someone a priority, who makes you an option.
Page 64 of 81 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 80 81

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard