Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 46 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 45 46
A
A
Good for you for listening to the "tweens" music! I keep fooling myself that because I work with college students, I am "keeping up" on music. But that ain't really true, try as I might.

thank goodness they do like 80's music, these crazy kids.

Me: 44
Him: 42
Together: 23 years; never married
Bomb: August 1, 2009
Affair since May 2009
Walk away; no conversation; no process
avermont #1938111 02/14/10 04:59 AM
C
OP Offline
C
how is this for 10000000 to 1 odds... out on a date... its a day date... we go to a running store in Toronto... i buy some stuff we are wondering about and i go hey there is this tiny hole in the wall fish n chip place about 20 minutes from here has 4 seats and the best fries in the world... we go there... eat lunch and as were leaving ladybug pulls up in a car with our niece and gets out... they are going to the same place ..... Timing is just amazing. As we are just about to enter a coffee shop. I see the car pull up. And hear my niece laughing. So I look at her and go.

Hi. What are you doing.
Niece : Fish n chips
Me: just left there and now its coffee have a good day.

Go into coffee shop..... Heart pounding smile

Look at date and go. That was niece and ex wife, sorry i am a bit nervous.
Date looks at me and goes. Thats ok. How long were you married.
I reply
10 years.
Date replies. I can understand that.

So we carry on with the date.

smile

Rest of the date I would crack up laughing every once in awhile and then just say something funny.

What are the odds. smile

As I know she picked niece up after work 4 cities over... Timing....

That was too funny.
LOL I just realized that now she knows the answer to her question on wed. Asking if I was busy on Saturday. And I replied. Yes I am busy.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
F
F
Great story bug. It really sounds like one of those "meant to be" scenarios.

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
flowmom #1938268 02/14/10 05:30 PM
N
N
How satisfying! It is like what we dream of...for our ex to run into us on a date! And now when you say "I have plans" to ladybug she will suspect "date" haha!

So will you be seeing this woman again?

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #1938285 02/14/10 06:57 PM
W
W
What are the odds, wow!

P
P17 Offline
P
Originally Posted By: cutterbug

That was too funny.
LOL I just realized that now she knows the answer to her question on wed. Asking if I was busy on Saturday. And I replied. Yes I am busy.

Cutter, as I said on the alt, just proves my theory of Gods twisted sense of humour ...

You handled it well mate. Bet it felt goooooood?

I've yet to have my 'date near my W' scenario ... 13 days and counting smile Ohhhhh the fun .... what is the point of being a LBS if you can't have a bit of fun when you finally detach? And if that happens to be at the W's expense then it's a shame, but as Denis Leary says 'sh*t happens, buy a hard hat' smile

Me 36, W 34 | D 8 | M 3.5y
Sep 2Aug09 | Left 6Sep09 | OM in 10Oct09 | NC 17Nov09 | Gave up caring - Jan 2010

"Have integrity. Do what is right, not what is expedient."
"Delay is the antidote for anger"
P17 #1938403 02/14/10 10:45 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Heh... I am still cracking up over it. I just add it to the surreal life I feel like I live. That was a movie moment for sure. I do wonder what she thought seeing that. But hey she has had another person in her life for 8 months now. Now she knows I am out there dating as she has seen it with her 2 eyes.

It was a good date. Even with that little moment. I told my date ( the writer ) that I was a little uncomfortable with that moment. So we talked about it for about 10 minutes. And she was cool with it all. Actually asked a few questions and validated my feelings. Which I am glad that I can express without any shame. I was also very proud to state that I kept my vows intact up to the separation.
It was a good date. Nothing physical. Just good conversation and good food and good company. In two weeks we are going out again. This time it is a day trip to pick up my race kit , drive the race route and then walk around a little town and look at the shops and then its lunch at a brew pub. Sounds like another good date to me.

But. I still crack up on those odds....

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
S
S
(((Cutter)))

I love the OMG moment!

Good for you my friend - Good. For. You.

I am happy you had a wonderful time and wish you nothing but the best on your next date!

smile

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
A
A
Wow, great story.

One we wish we could all have (besides reconciling, I guess)

Your date sounds like a good person, with good activities planned.

How are you meeting these lovely ladies to date? friends of friends?

Good on you!

Me: 44
Him: 42
Together: 23 years; never married
Bomb: August 1, 2009
Affair since May 2009
Walk away; no conversation; no process
avermont #1939325 02/16/10 04:49 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Aver. I meet these people via friends or by going out and doing stuff. smile Live a good life... See what happens.

I broke down tonight for a few minutes.

I was ticked at myself for feeling guilty on Saturday. WTF? I am now separated and out on a nice day date. And here I am feeling like I am breaking a vow. Meanwhile she has stepped out of the marriage for 8 months. I have not even touched anyone's hand.

Lets hope its a short cycle.

Page 36 of 46 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 45 46

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard