Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52
R
R
Hello, my friend! I'm sorry I've been away, but I've been in my own little rut and thus not done well at digging out of it until now.

Anyway, I'm glad to see there is so much progress in your sitch, especially from your prospective. Your C sounds like she's a good one who wil continue to work for you both.

Will try to keep more on top of things...but you know me, right???

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Morning...

Yes, Michelle, it is VERY early!! He usually comes in around 1:30 in the morning.

Ali, things are positive because I am positive. So my descriptions are positive. I just dont know how much I will last.

I asked him how come he came home early, he said they finally decided to do this schedule where one of the chief editors leaves early every day when no matches are on. It would have been better if I knew it ahead of time or if it is generally planned but hey, I wont complain, that can/could change.

When he came home the kids heard him and got up and he read them a story...

Then we watched Australia and then I went to bed. I told him the C called to see how wer were doing but he kind of dismissed the issue. I am asking him today if he wants to go again or not. We'll see
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey Rob!! Hope you are doing better or well...

So H agreed gladly to continue with MC. He said he didnt even consider stopping, how did I come up with that idea? Asked me to go ahead and book an apt with her.

I have booked one for Wed cause he is leaving on Thursday I think on a trip for a week. I have to check and see if we will actually be able to have one.

I am not sure she is a good fit though. I think we need a C that is far more experienced with marital counceling. She would be good for H for IC, she is soft spoken but persistent and he looks comfortable with her.
For now, I am happy if we can make progress any way possible.
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
A
A
This is really awesome! H is coming home early, being transparent, calling to check in, and now saying he definitely wants to continue MC. He may not be affectionate yet, but he is definitely showing love by being there. I think it helped him a lot to have you be affectionate and not talk about R. I think it helped him to put his guard down a little. Still a lot to work through, but definitely a positive upswing. smile

Me29 S3
H left 4/1/09
I file 8/2/10
Divorce final 5/17/11
1st http://www.tinyurl.com/25lhu52
2nd http://www.tinyurl.com/2c35ueg
3rd http://www.tinyurl.com/322yk89
G
G

K,

Originally Posted By: Kalni
So H agreed gladly to continue with MC. He said he didnt even consider stopping, how did I come up with that idea?

See what happens with mind-reading? wink

I am not sure she is a good fit though. I think we need a C that is far more experienced with marital counceling.

Um... considering what others have said, she sounds pretty good. She's not only putting him on the spot, but you too.

I know you're miles ahead of her in some areas. K you have to admit you're beyond laying the foundations in your mindset while your H is still looking for the plot i.e. common ground to build ( and yes pun intended)

For now, I am happy if we can make progress any way possible.

And THAT my dear friend is the goal you're striving for... PROGRESS ... not regress or stagnation.

((( Maria ))))

M
M
Well, that's all very positive! Maybe getting home early once in a while (and coming straight over to see you!), wanting to consider MC. He definitely wants to be there even if the affection isn't overtly there yet!

Well, if she is good for H, that seems to be very important. You have a whole other support network in us, not to mention a great advantage because your English is so proficient and you have access to so many resources he does not. He is the one who is behind you in beginning to deal with his issues.

From what I've read though, she sounds like she is challenging both of you. What do you think would make her better? Do you really think another would do better, or are you just hoping that you would make faster progress with another C?

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
B
B
I say if she calls him on his 'stuff' and is leading him to facing his 'issues', then she is a good fit. Maybe not for MC per se, but my old MC told us that Dan had so much of his own crap to deal with first that needed handled before we did a lot of couple's stuff anyway. So it sounds like you are actually getting a combo of IC/MC which is great!

Glad to see such positive steps every time I check in on you!!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
B
Oh and Nathan and I watched a documentary on the "Real" Olympics the other night. He thought it was cool that the Greeks competed naked (God made us that way so why not? He said...) When you look at the initial spirit of the competition, I have to wonder what the original Greek Olympians would think of categories like Ice Dancing wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Better yet......curling!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43