Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46
newmama #1933743 02/08/10 08:29 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: newmama
Cutter, sorry to hear of your loss. It is awesome that you have maintained relationships with your IL family and now you can support them during this tragic event as well.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your testosterone filled weekend, though! LOL

Thanks everyone. Family is so very important. smile
I am glad that I kept this path. And I am glad that people who come here follow this path as well. It is very important and a very good judge of character.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
G
G
Hey Cutter... not good at condolences, but you have mine.

Good on you for taking the high road and also maintaining the good R with the In-Law side of the family.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
newmama #1933769 02/08/10 08:42 PM
P
P17 Offline
P
Cutter, sorry to hear of your and their loss. They have a good guy on their side though in you.

Me 36, W 34 | D 8 | M 3.5y
Sep 2Aug09 | Left 6Sep09 | OM in 10Oct09 | NC 17Nov09 | Gave up caring - Jan 2010

"Have integrity. Do what is right, not what is expedient."
"Delay is the antidote for anger"
P17 #1934031 02/09/10 12:58 AM
A
A
Hey Cutter--

I can only ditto all of the above posts.

I am such a Grasshopper to your Achieved Wisdom.

Perhaps, some day, the student can at least match the master.

Keep your good soul reaching out there in the world!

Me: 44
Him: 42
Together: 23 years; never married
Bomb: August 1, 2009
Affair since May 2009
Walk away; no conversation; no process
avermont #1934260 02/09/10 05:24 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: avermont
Hey Cutter--

I can only ditto all of the above posts.

I am such a Grasshopper to your Achieved Wisdom.

Perhaps, some day, the student can at least match the master.

Keep your good soul reaching out there in the world!

Hah. Thanks for the compliment Aver... I think we are all gaining our inner strength. I have a ton of respect for you.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
C
OP Offline
C
So I have been working hard.... on figuring out my play list for my race. I figure 2hours + it will require 50 hours or so of music planing

See I want my top ten favourite songs at the end.

The last song I want to hear has been an old friend. One who has seen me through bright sunny days and dark nights. One song that I know off by heart. And when I hear it I sing it in all its glory. Its an old punk rock song. By a band called nomenasno. The song is Victory .

I gotta warn ya its 10 minutes long. But the big debate is the song before it.

SonicReducer - Deadboys
NewDayRising - Husker Du
In my Eyes - MinorThreat
Teenage Kicks - Undertones.
Back Against the Wall - Circle Jerks
Where Eagles Dare - Misfits.

If anyone is talking to R2C ask him to give me his opinion. I believe he is an old punk rocker as well

Here are the lyrics

When I set out on this journey
I thought it would never end
When I started down that road
I could not see the end
And when I took that first step
I fell in so deep
And all those things that were so hard-won
I thought I would always keep
Now what do you think I see
Standing like a wall in front of me
Defeat, not victory
Defeat, not victory
Defeat, not victory
Chorus:
So what are you going to do? Die?
No
You gonna lay down and die?
No
I will not admit defeat
I will not admit defeat
I will see victory
Pride and deceit
Have choked my life like weeds
And I lost sight of what I really had
What I really need
And all the things I should've valued
I gave away for a prayer and a song
And now when I reach out for them
They are gone
Now you know what I see
Standing in front of me
Like a headstone
A [censored] monument to human misery
Defeat, not victory
Defeat, not victory
Defeat, not victory
Chorus
Do I have any friends here?
I can't see
Are any of my friends here?
I can't see
What about you?
Will you be a friend to me?
What about you?
Will you be a friend to me?
I've got a question to ask you
And then you can ask it of me
It's a simple request
And then you can make it of me
Can you forgive me?
Can you see what will be?
Is it victory?
Now I can't show you all the things I've seen
And I can't make you feel anything
Certainly not what they meant to me
And someday I know, no matter how hard we try
We are all going to have to lay down and die
So maybe I should just tell you
What I hope and believe
For every defeat there will be a victory
For every defeat there will be a victory
In defeat, victory

C
OP Offline
C
Well I am back from the service. That was difficult and I felt rather uncomfortable during the whole time.

Got there. Talked to everyone then when ladybug showed up I just said Hello ladybug and then just stayed with both brother in-laws.

Then went into the service area early and sat down. Ladybug came in and the seat next to me was open. I was thinking please don't and the bench in front and behind me was open. She just stood there for 30 seconds ( most likely 5 to 10 seconds but it felt like a long time )and looked at me and looked around and then turned and went to the coffin. Her brother came in and quickly sat down beside me. I whispered thank you to him. And then I watched ladybug as she turned around and saw that seat was now taken and she had a bizarre look on her face for a few seconds and then went and sat down right in front of me. So I starred at the back of her head for a few minutes. Thinking. WTF. This is rather difficult, but I can do this I am here for friends and family. My other brother in-law who was sitting on the other side of the aisle ( It was his father who passed ) looked at the both of us and pointed to the bench behind him that was open. So I got up with my other brother in-law and went and sat there.

The service was difficult. The sermon was about 50 years of marriage and how they survived the hard times and thrived in the good times. All I could think was. I wonder what your thinking since you could not even make it past 10 years. And I held back the tears. And just went all stone face and blank and counted flowers and anything else that was in the room ( Thanks Aver )
And I thought about how the first time in our relationship that was difficult for me and ladybugs actions. How she bailed, and how she just purposely hurt me during the most difficult time of my life( this is just pre affair ). How I did not during her difficult times. My brother in-laws sister sat in front of me. She was a LBS as well. She looked back at me during her own fathers funeral and asked me how I was doing. How was I holding up and said that she was very thankful that I would grace her fathers funeral. I looked at her and just said thank you. And I was at peace then. I knew that I did the right thing. It was difficult and it hurt. But it was the right thing to do. Support family. Support good people. Regardless of our personal relationships.

But it was very hard.

When the service ended I turned to my brother in-law who sat beside me and I said. Thank you. I am not going to stay too long as this is very difficult and I feel uncomfortable. He said. I understand. Nothing more.

Then when we left the service I had full intention of leaving. But other brother in-law completely broke down so 3 brother in-laws went out side and shared a few minutes of silence.

When we went back in. I walked around and gave my hugs. The sister who was a LBS walked up to me and again asked how I was doing. I looked her in the eyes and said Inner-strength. She looked at me and nodded and said. Inner-strength right back to me and gave me a hug. One LBS to another. And I could not get over how she showed me such grace at this time. And I knew that she understood how I felt as well.

So then I went to leave and ladybug came up to me and we had the following conversation.
LB: Hi cutter are you working from home today.
C: No ladybug I am at work today. Are you going back to work now.
LB: I really do not want to due to the situation.
C: Oh, OK. Ummm I can see that.
LB: So are you going home now or just back to work?
C: Not going home going to get a bite to eat for lunch then back to work.
LB: Can I join you.
C: OK. I am going here
LB: Ok.
LB: So what are you doing this weekend are you busy.
C: Yes I am busy this weekend.
LB: Ok. Well I have niece staying down And then she asked nephew what he was doing.
C: Ok well I will see you in a few minutes then.
Then she asked her brother to join in.
So the 3 of us had lunch.
Talked about sports. She asked about my family members health that is not good. Talked about upcoming race. That now she may not be able to attend. Said. Well I think the next time we see each other is on the 6th of March so see you then.
I replied take care and left.

Made it.

J
J
wow- you did great. I'm sure there were lots of feelings when she asked to join you...
I know what you mean sitting through a service like that- I also know you had a wedding a few months ago.

I went to a wedding back in Oct.- it was terrible- everyone asking and I could say nothing. I started smoking again that weekend.

Cutter- you are a prince of a man, and you have helped me and so many others. Even if Ladybug never kows that or cares to know that- you have fought tooth and nail to be the man that you are- and you will bring so much to someone and it will be returned 10 fold.

DARK
D
D
Cutter, I am impressed. Wow. INNER STRENGTH. You definitely have it. What a difficult event to be at and you handled it as a strong, dignified gentleman. Proud for you!! smile

Quote:
Cutter- you are a prince of a man, and you have helped me and so many others. Even if Ladybug never knows that or cares to know that- you have fought tooth and nail to be the man that you are- and you will bring so much to someone and it will be returned 10 fold.

I second that!! You will be rewarded greatly for how you have dealt with everything. smile I can't even begin to imagine how it was for you at lunch. So strong...

M40, H39
M17 T20
D13, S12
H moved out 05/09
D filed 1/10
T
T
Cutter!!!

I am overwhelmed with the urge to give you a big hug - and I hardly know you. I second and third the above posts - INNER STRENGTH. I have tears in my eyes - what a struggle.

((((((Cutter))))))

T

ME28,WAH30, M 5YRS, T 7YRS ,OW/ILYBNILY/SEP 9/09
Served with D papers 6/6/10
Current
Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard