Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31
H
H
Congratulations Col. FLTC, It must be Karma - I'm spending the day at home working today and thought I'd stop by for my once in a blue moon look at the board.

FL - I also could never understand why a parent who supposedly loves his or her child would insist on venting his or her anger on the children and using them to remain angry. I have never and will never understand that. But we can't help what other people do. I can tell you this though - children grow up and they remember if their parent treated them wrong. All we can do is stay out of the drama and let our kids know that we love them. They'll also remember that.

Hope the judge treats everyone fairly.

S
S
I concur - your STBXW has some real selfish problems. Dont waste your thoughts on hating her. She is what she is and probably wont change.

I salute you on now being able to wear the eagle insignia.

I guess the only drawback about the promotion is that your new increased pay will be taken into account in court.

"Once the leaves fall there's nothing between an eagle and the stars."

W
W
FLTC, you sound great! Congrats on the promotion, sorry your divorce is still an ongoing burden. May you be a free man soon, Colonel! Btw, your posts were always a comfort to me as well. I think when we're all feeling insignificant and trampled on and when someone takes the time to check in and post to us it really does mean a lot. Keep us updated on things from time to time,OK.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
R
FLTC - you have to change your initials! Congratulations!!
And we have come a long, long way, haven't we? I never believed those who told us our lives would get better, and that we might end up feeling sorry for (or at least relieved to be rid of) the alien-exes.
So glad life is looking up for you. Hope your S is good, as well as your D's health and behavior.

S
S
Actually, FLTC coult still work...

"former lieutenant colonel"

M
M
Haha. Awesome!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
COL, I am so happy that you wrote and look at your responses!!!! Lots of people care!!! I am also happy to hear about your promotion!!!!!

I sure hope that the judge goes lower than the other "offers", and for only a very short time!!!!! I settled for a very length of time for support even though I had been married 30 years. The negotiating was so painful that I just wanted it over with. I was really hurt by my ex's stingyness (his boat payment was for more than he first "offered" me!). However, now that I'm two years post divorce and only have one more month of support I think it is a healthy thing. I am able to support myself and Provide help to our college daughter. I don't have a fancy car, I live in a tiny apt, but I am content.

I wish you peace and contentment, too. Any ideas on when the trial will be?

C
C
Congrats Colonel, whoohoooo!!!

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
O
O
Congrats from a Colonel's brat!

BTW, good insights on your role in old R/new R. I found it very helpful to keep in mind that whatever unresolved problems you had in your old R (and your partner's) will have to be worked out one way or another. No avoiding it. But, it helps a lot to be aware. When something bizzaro is going on, you can pause and ask: wait -- wth is this about anyway???? Stomp on those old dances when they crop up, learn some new steps :-)

Best,
Oldtimer
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
WOW! It was really great to see all of your responses! Thanks so much.

Now that I came back,maybe I'm wrong so I need some perspective. S11 was with me on Tuesday. He asked me to sign a worksheet for school, and I said remind me later.

All it was was a worksheet where he had to reflect on his reading skills, but it was a homework assignment to get the thing signed.

He never reminded me again, and we went out to dinner and a basketball game at my school and called it a night. I forgot to sign the sheet. Yesterday was a snow day, so no school.

He called me from STBX’s house at 9:30 and said “Dad, can you stop by the house tomorrow to sign that piece of paper from the other day?”. I said oh yeah, oops, I forgot. “Can’t your mom sign it?”

Get ready for this. He said that when he asked STBX to sign it, she said “S11, this is bullsh*t! I won’t be screwed over by signing this!”

Whhhaaattttt? Are you kidding? I asked S11 to put her on the phone. She started interrogating me “Was it or was it not a homework assignment to sign the paper? Why didn’t you check his homework!” And so it went.

“I won’t be screwed over?”

What?

Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard