Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 43 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 42 43
S
S
A-Rod car - Does it have a history of steroid use? Was there no way to get a little "Mr Met" figure on the car?

We had our pinewood derby a few weeks ago. S9 won the most patriotic award. He won 2 races and came in 3rd in another. Not enough to advance to the next round, but we were not going for speed to begin with since there was an eagle and a flag sticking out on top. I will try to post a picture of his car on FB.

Do Your Best!

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks Kerry. S9's car came in first for Webelos but didn't fare anywhere near as well as last year. His car is going to divisionals but he had NO interest in watching at all. In fact, he left early for a sleepover playdate arranged by his mom (no...I didn't call the police, lolol).

STBXW met with realtors yesterday. They called me. Said she was fine with them and cried twice. That's the first time I have heard of tears from that woman.

Yeah...selling your home sucks. For the first time, D6 got tearful yesterday and didn't want to sell her home. "Where am I going to put my bed????"

Got very choked up. There are still so many elements outside of the M that cause pain. I still ask myself how I got here...have I chosen the right paths....maximized myself as a man??? Have I handled this the best I could? Am I really doing right by my kids if the courts are against me from the get go?

Huge changes are coming...HUGE. Finality of D. Loss of house. Possible HUGE change in career path. Will all my decisions be correct/good/constructive? I am scared, but, I will not faulter. Only time will tell.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
A
A
I've been reading your thread for a while and you've been through a helluva bunch. I'm sorry man. It's hard to imagine that these are the women that we spent so many years with and thought we knew better than anyone else in the world. It's unreal that they are doing what they are! WTH?

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
J
J
HeY FIB, I am follwing along as well and sympathize with you and others.

I read your last post regarding your path. I understand your questions, apprehensions.....believe me. If you can stay true to your beliefs / morals and not be swayed by hatred or fear, your kids will pick up on that and flourish....be their anchor.

Stay strong....better days ahead.

A
A
Originally Posted By: john210
Be their anchor.
Stay strong.

Short, to the point, and spot on!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
what those guys said....besides Frank, some of this is irrevocable. Some of it is not. That which isn't, you'll improve upon and your kids will at some point get a better attitude about decorating their new room (they'll have TWO and you can spin that so it doesn't ALL suck for them...we moved 17 times in the military and out, and it is hard but you can take steps to make it easier).

As for your stbxw crying, all I can say is, "at last". I don't mean it vengefully, but I think she MAY realize it's not all about her. Someone else is hurting and perhaps instead of turning that into anger at you, she can feel something for THEIR pain....

hugs and prayers to you FIB, stay strong and all that "guy stuff" the guys said...it's good.
j-

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
F
OP Offline
F
The LG responded. Sum and substance is that tensions are escalating and it is in the best interest of the children to reach a decision. STBXW's request for interim sole custody not supported.

FIB

R
R
Thank God there was at least that...

It is normal to questions our paths, Frank. But I think you are on the right one. Look at the last line in your status.

F
OP Offline
F
Donna...thank you. You're right. The alternative, her GETTING interim sole custody, would have been worse. Maybe the LG is finally seeing something. ?

STBXW is releasing the kids to me to watch the SB today. OMG. I thanked her 'for making this about S9'.

Stressed out but hanging in. I'm glad I've hung on here this long for all the friendship here. Hugs to all.

FIB

I'm so glad the LG said that but I'm too nervous to celebrate anything. I'm holding my breath now, and I think you know what I mean....but shoot, let's take a moment to say "THANK YOU GOD", b/c you got a little break and maybe even a sign that not all is crazy in the system there. I hate NY law forcing one of you parents to effectively be declared unfit so the other gets sole custody. How do they expect you two to work out visitation? This is so stupid...but at least the crazier she acts NOW, well it is probably the best timing YOU could have picked for her pathology to reveal itself. Weird but sort of true.

Anyhow, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping....what's the countdown? 36!!
Okay, 5 weeks and a day...sending HUGE HUGS and PRAYERS your way Frank.

Enjoy your day. Regardless of outcome, the LG's findings were a good sign. Yay...
(((( j ))))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018