Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 43 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 42 43
K
K
Hi Pearl

I agree with Rocked. There's something to the tearing up.

FWIW, staying in Denver, getting a job, saving money while seeing where your R goes may not be a bad idea. OTOH, moving could be a breath of fresh air and a great place to start over with or without BF. I am not helping am I?

Can't keep a good woman down
W
W
Your weekend sounds fun.

If you don't have anything to lose, maybe try to get a job where you are now.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi Rocked, Kara, WA

Yeah, not really sure what the tears were about since I wasn't saying anything other than please tell me what you think so I can make an informed decision, I'm trying to weigh what is best for me/you/us. I did ask if he was upset because he had already decided he would stay here and just didn't tell me yet. He said no, that wasn't the case.

I will bring it up again but BF needs time to ruminate. I like to get everything on the table and try to work it out as I go along. He needs to take everything in, mull it over for a while, then make a decision. It's maddening for both of us.

I may go back to an earlier option of looking 50/50 here and there and leave it up to fate. I'm a huge musical theatre fan so this song keeps running through my head right now. Yes, I'm a drama geek.

Last edited by pearlharbr; 02/02/10 01:20 AM.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
T
T
Hey Pearl...
I'm catching up on you today. Hopefully I'll have something intelligent to say soon!! Thanks for all your insight!

T

ME28,WAH30, M 5YRS, T 7YRS ,OW/ILYBNILY/SEP 9/09
Served with D papers 6/6/10
Current
T
T
HEY Pearl!
Holy Crap! Kudos to you girl - you are AMAZING. I finally caught up on everything... Based on some previous posts here I'm going looking for Gucci when we are done... not sure where to find but interested to see what "brings them back"....

I'm curious what draws you to SF and why you are sooooo set on moving there???

Great job handling the convo with BF - you stated in the most non-confrontational way ever! I'll be curious to see what he says.

Thanks for all your help with my stuff - You are wonderful to have around - can't wait to catch up with you in Denver!!!

Talia

ME28,WAH30, M 5YRS, T 7YRS ,OW/ILYBNILY/SEP 9/09
Served with D papers 6/6/10
Current
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Talia, thanks for stopping by!

I went to college in SF and lived there for a total of 7 years. I just love it, I feel at home and at ease when I'm there. More urban, more culture, more water!

I went looking through my old threads to find where I started getting gucci's advice and ended up reading BF's letter to me where he asked for another chance. It was very painful and now I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. It's good to see how far we've come in the past year but I have to say there's still something that bothers me.

BF said he considers me his best friend and if I truly don't feel the same about him (I had told him that I didn't) then he would let me go and wish me well. And honestly, I'm still not sure that he is. We have a lot of history and we have a lot of fun together but I don't know if he's the right person to spend the rest of my life with. And I know that it would break his heart if I told him that.

It's been a year. Shouldn't I know this by now? Am I just prolonging the inevitable split and thus making it more painful for both of us? Or am I longing for something that isn't possible because our relationship has been forever changed? I'm not saying it isn't good. It is good. But is it good enough?

Ok, going to give myself five minutes to bawl then I need to start dinner.

M
M
Pearl.

Good Lord! I knew I liked you! I ADORE SF!

I'm thinking you should put some more thought into "you two" sometime soon. You're considering a lot... where to live, a new job, etc...

BTW, what kind of work do you do?

Did the cry help? What's for dinner?

We went gourmet... pepperoni and sausage smile

But, I'm having ONE glass of wine tonight (pinot grigio), as last night I ended up a blubbering mess talking w/Cutter and G in the alt. (J/K - Not a wine blubbering, but blubbering nonethless). OK... REFILL! smile

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
P
OP Offline
P
Work? What's that? grin I think the job couselor used the term "Client Relationship Manager." My last job was account management at a small ad agency but it did not involve pitching clients, just managing their activities. So that's what I like to do, project management with people. But not sales. I'm not like you and Puppy, quotas are just not my thing.

Cry was good, I shut it down after a few minutes. I have to remind myself too that I'm WAY more hormonal now that I went off the pill so I do tend to get more emotional during the PMS time.

BF just called to say he has to work late so I'm off the hook for dinner. Think I will have some easy mac & cheese (that's my comfort food of choise).

I like pinot grigio but I'm usually a red drinker. There is one riesling that I adore and will drink it whenever but it's hard to find here so I tend to hold it for the summer. BTW, I worked in the communications and marketing departments of a winery for seven years so I can recommend some good, inexpensive Washington wines.

I have a session with the IC tomorrow afternoon so I wanted to revisit the where to live conversation with BF tonight. Not sure that will happen now but I need to know where things stand so I can feel like I'm moving forward.

M
M
Pearl...

How funny! That's what I did right out of college! I handled the Keebler (Convenience Store division) account... you know, all the elves!!! I LOVED it, but they only paid me 18k a year, and billed my time at $125 an hour! Sh#t! That didn't even cover my shoe budget! Think I had a bum deal. It was fun, though... the Art Director and creative staff were doing bongs in the back when the Prez brought me in to meet them on the first day. I was like... "Yea! Is this what life after college is all about? I'm IN!" They all died laughing. DUH - They were high!

I seriously loved the job. Couldn't afford it, though. The owner bought a gorgeous $5 mil yacht that year, though!

It's too bad you don't like to sell. Our Dir of Sales is considering replacing himself in his territory (SF!!!!) by summer, so he can just manage us. (Yea, let him try!) It's a great territory, and no digging... that's my job, qualify it up and out to the regions (in addition to handling the Midwest)

I usually drink white when I cook. I/We are huge red fans... Yummy cabs, chewy bordeaux's, Chilean, and my fave... Rioja's! It's gotta leave a stain, or its not good, ya know?

Glad the tears are at bay. Don't want to ruin the eyeliner.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
P
OP Offline
P
Sales without chasing leads? So what do the sales reps do? Make the presentations? Hmmm, I might be able to do that. But I have zero sales experience.

I don't like my reds to bite back, stick with merlot, malbec, cab franc, chianti, and red blends.

Ah, no eyeliner today. I didn't make it out of the house. The outdoors are overrated anyway. wink

I showed your house pics to BF, he wants to move in too. Both of us are waiting for the final after pics. And I'm working on putting together somem pics of our house.

Last edited by pearlharbr; 02/05/10 02:20 AM. Reason: house comments

Page 31 of 43 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 42 43

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard