Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 82 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 81 82
G
G
gima,
I've admired your attitude, strength, good intentions and noble character throughout your (our) journey(s) these past six months or so.
Keep on your path. It is the right one.
Cheers.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

E
E
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
Originally Posted By: OldPilot
You are on the right path. But also realize that you are never going to be done. Don't let what I am saying change anything you are doing. Just keep it in the deep recesses of your mind

I'm with you OP. I know, b/c we have two wonderful children together, W will never totally be out of my life. We may not be M'd to each other soon, but we will always be our childrens' parents.

My W has been gone for nearly 2.5mos. I think she may finally be realizing this. There isn't the clean break to some glorious new life when you have kids together.

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
Gardener #1930232 02/04/10 02:14 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
gima,
I've admired your attitude, strength, good intentions and noble character throughout your (our) journey(s) these past six months or so.
Keep on your path. It is the right one.
Cheers.

Thanks Gardener. I have admired your character throughout your ordeal. And I know I will be relying on your experience as I navigate mine.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
Well, hell, how's that gonna work out? I've been relying on you and your steadfastness for months! grin

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Gardener #1932071 02/06/10 04:24 AM
E
E
You guys reminded me of that old "Don't follow me, I'm lost" bumper sticker that I used to see. smile

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
G
G
"Follow me, I'm right behind you." laugh Always liked that one.

Gnosis #1932178 02/06/10 03:25 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Yeah, yeah.

So, S comes to me last night and tells me W told him he could not trust one set of his God parents (naturally the ones who have told her what she is doing is wrong) to do what they say they will, but S can trust his other set of God parents (of course, the W of that couple has been one of W's advisors and I know this "Christian" woman has told W a few years back that I don't support W) to do what they say. To say I was angry last night is one of the understatements of the year.

I decided the best thing to do is calm down and talk to W about this some time today or tomorrow, preferably today. I'm still angry, but I'm in control.

I see this as W trying to pit S against one set of God parents and emphasize a strong bond with the set who are "on W's side." God, that bothers me.

And yet again, I will have to be the one to initiate the serious discussion. No sweat, since I'm the one with a backbone these days.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
C
C
Quote:
I decided the best thing to do is calm down
Most definitly
Quote:

I see this as W trying to pit S against one set of God parents and emphasize a strong bond with the set who are "on W's side."
MOST DEFINITLY.

IMHO, if you can see your way through this. Just let it go and stay NC. Much better outcome!

This is really just a test to try to get to you!

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #1932694 02/07/10 03:22 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Need some help guys. Here's the deal.

Yesterday, S and I went to a bookstore, and I bought Dr. Seuess' "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" I wrote a note in it to my kids to tell them "To S and D. This Looked like a great book for us all. Love, Dad."

This morning, W goes to Church, and the kids stay home with me. As D and I are reading the new book, D tells me mom took a picture of the note I wrote "b/c she liked it so much."

I'm pissed. The realization that a harmless, and very loving, note to my children is being "documented" for a L to try to make something out of it sickens me. Who is this woman my W has become? And, on the other hand, will her L simply think she's crazy for documenting something like this.

Ok, enough with the unanswerable questions (I don't really care about those). The issue is whether to confront her with this just so she knows I know? That she's doing this is reprehensible. That she's doing this in front of my D is unforgiveable.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
GIMA, I know that you're pissed right now. Think of it like this... what are the results going to be from confronting her? You'll get some satisfaction out of it... and she will get justification of your actions.

At least she has shown some insight into lying to the kids about her intentions and not making them known.

IMHO, it's not worth it. FIDO.

Page 61 of 82 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 81 82

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard