Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
Quote:

Then as we were leaving X made direct eye contact with me and made what seemed like a very genuine connection as she thanked me for bringing the kids by so they could see each other.

Sleeper,

There have been and are some really AMAZING guys here, and I count you as one of them. Who could be even more amazing if they stopped doing what doesn't/didn't work. Stuck in the past or stuck on the wheel. Living off the crumbs their MLCer drops...like the above.

All she has to do is look at you funny and your state of mind goes to shitt. And it is such an insignificant investment of energy on her part to do so.

You are like a toy to her...and shes the type of kid who breaks her toys.

You dance to her tune man, but YOU willing go out on the dance floor.

I wish you could step outside yourself and see all of this, when was the last time you went back and read that your threads are...all the same?

I am not being mean...there are too many good men on the scrap pile from not growing onward.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I hear you Jack. And I have the greatest respect for you and your opinion from what I have read of your posts. But I don't believe it's that simple in my sitch.

I am moving forward with my life. At the same time I can't help but notice (and comment) when I see changes in X. I cannot control the outcome of this. I (as all) can only play the cards I have been and will be dealt in life.

Only time will tell.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
J
J
Fair enough Sleeper.

: )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Several nights ago I had a dream I which X said, "Come on, lets play a game. We'll both win."

Monday X tells me she is selling the house that was once ours and building a new one with OMH. I asked her what she wanted for it and suggested she sell it to me. We quickly worked out a sweetheart deal. I'll get out of this apt with nothing down and into a house that is better now than when I left it. She gets what she needs to start building and her children will stay in the home they've lived in.

Can't wait to get back to sleep.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
job Offline
Sleeper,
At least you'll move out of the apartment an back into your home. You and your children will definitely make it a home once again.

Good luck!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
A
I'm so glad! It was too weird having OMH living in "your" house.

Can they really afford it (what with airplanes and other crazy expenditures)? Building or remodeling a house is a big stresser on a couple (heh heh).

Not your problem! This great news.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks guys,

I qualified for the loan yesterday (second miracle in as many days).

Snodderly,

It will be great to get out of this apartment (2nd since seperation) and back into a house. I never dreamed THAT house would be the one into which I'd be moving. The kids are excited that they won't have to change schools and they'll still be able to see their friends in the neighborhood.

Andabelle,

Yes it has ben painful to see OMH living in MY house. He basically moved in when I moved out. It hasn't hurt as much as in the beginning but I have felt an occasional twinge.

I hope they can afford it, at least on paper. I'd hate to see this deal fall through. Yes, I've heard horror stories from couples who built houses and it can be very stressful. X and OMH have gone through several very stressing events and their R has survived, much to my surprise.

There's one thing about this that's very odd. X NEVER cared for new houses! She said they all looked the same and had no style/character of their own. We never lived in a house built after the 1950's.

I have seen glimpses of the person I once knew in X through all this contact.

I have also seen someone else who is a stranger to me.

Last edited by sleeper; 02/18/10 12:24 PM.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
F
F
S, I sure hope that this comes through for you.

How are you doing otherwise?

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard