Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
B
B
LOL I've taken all the photos down of H but still cry over the cards....well I guess the secret is to prepare for the worse and really be ok with it being over.

Thanks - I know none of us have done it perfectly - it is what it is. Good job - I'm so happy for you and your Son.

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
D
D
Originally Posted By: Freckle6
I had accepted it was over for good. Literally like a week before he started calling me for stupid reasons (like to ask how old he was...)

hmmm, this completely echoes my sitch. wink

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
L
L
Hey Freckle whats going on with you atm?

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
F
OP Offline
F
Hey LR. smile I'm happy to say same ole, same ole is going on here. For the first time in half a decade that is actually good news!

Had some mix-ups with our income taxes this week and claiming S which ended up with H having to ammend his return and thus getting back a lot less. It worried me to bring it up and I was afraid he'd get upset with me, but he didn't.

5 year old son has pneumonia (these kindergarten sicknesses suck!) so last night H picked S up and brought him here instead of his place while I was at work. It was nice to come home to lights on and someone here smiling and waiting for you instead of a cold, dark house. I could get used to that. That and waking up next to a warm body that doesn't have claws and a furry tail.

However, I think he's just using me for my Wii. He busted my chops over it a couple months ago thinking that having to move around to use it was dorky. Now who's obsessed with it and challenging me to bowling and archery games for hours on end? ;D

Me38,H:38,S:7
Married:6/99
Bomb:7/04
Sep.:5/05
D Filed:3/08;Final 1/10
Piecing:11/09
H moved back:09/10
Current thread: http://tiny.cc/htcty
L
L
Great to hear your getting some fun back in your R.. I tease H he only came back for the cat, she is his little babycakes he adores her and she him! He is away this weekend and she came into the bedroom and started rooting around his side of the bed looking for him bless her.

Just be careful of the pnuemonia, taking it that as you said it was a kindergarten sickness it might not be the same thing, Im in the uk so wouldnt know. I had pnuemonia at thirty seven and it knocked me for six, took me three months to get back to strength. I was before fit and healthy and it came out of the blue. Just expect him to be quite tired for a month or two depending on how serious he has it.. Hope he feels better soon poor little sausage I still hate seeing my S (21) when he is ill..

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

B
B
So glad the warmth and light is returning to your home. Well deserved.

And pnuemonia can be deadly serious so get those antiboitics pronto and keep a close watch on him.

Glad you are all together through it!

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks guys. smile The Dr. gave S a 3 day course of Zithromax which he finished yesterday. He was having a rough time last night, but is perkier this morning and not coughing so much.

I am watching S closely. I'm paranoid about it because 4 months after H left, my father was so tired all the time. One day when he had to stop while driving home one morning because he couldn't stay awake, his Dr. told him to go to the ER. His oxygen level was in the low 70s. They admitted him right away and hooked him up to O2.

In the middle of the night they had to call my mother because he still wasn't getting enough oxygen with the mask. They put him on a respirator that night and he was on that for the next 5 weeks, mostly in a medically induced coma, trying to clear his lungs from pneumonia. When he was weaned off that he had a tracheotomy for two weeks before he finally got to go home 70 lbs lighter. That's my only real life experience with pneumonia so I'm very paranoid! smile Of course S isn't a fifty-something 3 pack a day smoker. 5 weeks unconscious got rid of that habit though!

L
L
Occasionally paranoia is good hun, especially with littlies you cant be too careful.. sounds like the antibiotic he had been given is part of the erythromycin group, its one of the strongest antibiotics, although we do everything in five and seven day courses over here. Its the right thing for the job only trouble for me is I am allergic to it, trust me to be awkward.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

F
OP Offline
F
I'm allergic to erythromycin too! We got it flavored at the pharmacy and when we got home I almost went to taste a drop of it first to tell him if the flavor was good until I realized what it was! Not that a drop probably would have done anything to me, but you never know.

He has a low grade fever again now, but is happily watching DVDs and munching on his second mini bag of microwave popcorn. Popcorn,of all things! That was the only thing he's wanted besides juice (thankfully) or popsicles. It's full of fiber though so at least it's something to fill his belly. Definitely no school again tomorrow though.

And to keep on topic for the board, it's so nice to actually have my H's support at times like this. Even if he's not here, knowing I have someone who is as concerned that I can talk to is priceless and if I asked, he'd be here in a millisecond.

I've gotten very used to the day to day drudge work of single parenting, but I had never gotten used to being in it all alone. No backup. No breaks. If it wasn't his visitation time, he pretty much forgot (or at least acted like it) son existed. Never called to check on him or anything, so I'd never make a point to tell him, "Oh, S had a fever last night" or "S has a cold again". It's almost a novelty since he was emotionally checked out by the time S was ever born. It's like, "wow, this is how it's supposed to be when you have a kid!". smile

L
L
Its good to have them back on board, my S is big enough to go and be ill on his own but still loves him mum bringing him a cuppa and food lol!

Have to say my H was ok on that front, to be fair to him when our little babycakes (cats nickname) had a nasty accident this summer he was there for both of us, although it was when he started coming out of his fog a bit.. poor little babycakes bless her a whole operation and two weeks of recovery just to get her parents see sense bless her!

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard