Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 89 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 88 89
M
M
Newmama - ICK! LoL

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
W
W
I remember it this way:
"Inlove" can last a few days to 18 months, but up to many years when there are barriers to the relationship (thus 180, let them go, don't be a barrier)

And the dopamine high is replaced by an oxytocin/vasopressin "high" that fosters pair bonding, in a secure relationship. If the guy is a cad he'll go off to impregnate another but most likely will re-impregnate #1.
Now I'm starting to confuse myself, I'd better stop!

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"
1st thread
M
M
I'm getting all kinds of weird visuals from this thread!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hahaha! Wow, Whatnow, you know your stuff!
Mindfull, I know- spreading seed is pretty gross! lol

Okay so WH picked up S. He said "Mommy is sure going to miss you like crazy." (guilt)
He "let" me hold S a little while (guilt), but I was thinking "Come ON already--take him so I can get this over with!"
Then he lingered a bit, collecting some overnight stuff. He said
"well, try to relax a lot and we'll be back tomorrow before you know it!" (guilt)

I was decked out but damn it-no lipstick! Couldn't find it in time! Oh well.

I also tried to look a mixture of calm and cool but a uncomfortable because I DON'T WANT WH to think "oh good- she is eager to get out over here. See? She can have a break by me taking him overnight."

Now after they left it hit me...first night without S. I SHOULD have made real plans! But I definitely will for next week. So I decided to stage my place to make it look like I had a couple of friends come over...you know, "ladies" night? In my mind, we would have gone out, then returned for some cocktails and snacks.
(again, I will have to make this a reality in the future!)

So I sliced up a bunch of limes, set up 3 glasses with straws, squeezed the limes into the glasses and am making a tiny batch of nachos. Now I won't be eating the nachos because last night I pigged out, but I will set them up on some plates and then put them down the garbage disposal. There will be evidence tomorrow of drinks and snacks! Well I will need to clean up mostly but I will leave some of the remnants out.

Sigh...I might have to actually drink the 3 margaritas. Oh the sacrifice!

Seriously this is a lot of work and it would be way better to have had real plans instead! Lesson learned!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh yeah and I had the perfume on and was holding S a lot so some got on him! take THAT OW!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

W
W
good job!!! 3 margs!!!

with the perfume thing...Whenever I was away from my babies I would leave a "Mommy blankie" covered with my scent to help calm baby. Pack one in the diaper bag!!

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"
1st thread
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I got a text from WH this morning telling me that S woke several times throughout the night until 2, then he gave him a bottle and he slept to 7. Well I hope S will get back on track by tomorrow!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
So I replied 2 hours after he sent the text and said "ok,thanks!"

When he arrived with S, I was soooo happy to see my baby boy! He was happy to see me too! I had left the dishes in the dishwasher but left the door open like I do sometimes. Also had just made myself brunch (roasted asparagus w/ side of dijon mustard, 2 fried eggs sunny side up, sourdough toast)

WH sat down on the sofa and chatted about how S did, etc. and he said he wasn't used to his sleep sounds, so he never could sleep well because he kept hearing S on the monitor. S woke up every half hour at first. Then WH says "I want to talk to you about something." My stomach dropped but I kept a straight face and said "okay."

He says "what do you think about S sleeping on his tummy now that he's older?" LMAO! You can imagine I thought he was going to bring up D talk! Well we talked some more about S' classes. Then I was playing with S and WH still sat there, watching us with a look on his face. ???Maybe best described as a look of "wonder?"

Again, I am thinking "LEAVE already!" but S started getting fussy for a nap so he finally did leave, saying "OK I'll see you tomorrow, S" "well I'll get going" "Oh I bought turbo tax so just give me your docs and we'll see how much money we really get from getting to claim a kid" "Well I'm heading out of here" "OK I'll see you guys tomorrow!" "Have a good night" (said in a tiny voice) . Maybe he was here about 20 minutes but it felt like an hour!

I was saying in response "Ok we'll see you tomorrow!" "Ok, bye!" "Have a good night too!"

Now I am expecting him to bring up taking "a day off" from coming over since he used to not come on Fridays.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

M
M
Newmama -

You are quite the planner! LoL The marguarita's, etc... Haha

Poor baby waking up, but POOR DADDY WAKING UP! Haha

You sound really good. Good job w/letting Daddy parent, as well.

smile

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
OK so I baked cookies and made a fresh pot of coffee about 45 minutes before WH arrived...so the house would smell great!(I knew he wouldn't eat the cookies..but I ate 2! yumm- oatmeal chocolate chip raisin butterscotch chip)

So when he arrived he mentioned this baby catalog and recommended I look through it. I did and commented on various things. Then I saw an earache/ear inspector thingy. I said "look what they have!" and showed him and he said "Oh yes, I thought of you when I saw that!" (because I am so worried that S will have an earache but won't complain and then I won't know until it is very infected and he will be in excruciating pain!)

Well after about 30 minutes I picked up my butt and started working out. Then I went to the store to pick up photos and the usual...sigh....am getting so bored of going to the store every freakin Sunday!!!

Oh and WH was really sick with a cold. I offered to go another time so he could leave and rest but he said no but thank you. I commented on his sickness (TLC) several times and offered advice for taking care of the cold, etc.

So anyway when I returned I saw a draft of February's calendar. I saw that on Superbowl Sunday he wrote 9-2 and then Valentine's day was blank. So he would be gone Feb 11, 12, 13 AND 14? That doesn't seem like him....he won't be able to stay away that long from S.

Well I expected him to mention the calendar to me but next time I walked past the entry table, it was gone. Guess he is going to confer with OW about things! Maybe he will ask to take S overnight on Feb 13 and return the 14th!?

Oh and I was talking to my friend and explaining how I am busy 2 of the 3 nights he would be here during the dinner hour. She said she thinks it's good to keep 1 night of dinner and then save up conversation topics for that night. She said even with her husband, things are so hectic with the kids that she saves up topics. She said it also can be boring many nights so they have one night for sure (not a date night--don't know why) that she is sure to have meaningful and interesting conversation.

So I think that is good....also part of seduction too.

I don't have anything that great to report today regarding actions on WH's end. I did wear a colorful blouse,tight jeans and was laying on my side facing S but had my back to WH for the last 5 minutes he was here...a good view of my curves I would say! ;-)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 54 of 89 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 88 89

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard