Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 52 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 51 52
J
J
Michelle, I do agree an intact family is better. But her husband is not really part of the family.
Even Dr. Phil states it's better to be from a broken home then to be in one. Her husband leaving and returning and back-forth has got to be anxiety provoking and stressful on the children.

I am a child of D. I am glad my parents D'ed. I could not stand the stress of the next big fight or what would happen next. I was worn out dealing with two upset parents. Seeing my mom crying all the time.
At least with D there was peace in a sense. As a child you knew that there finally was some predictability to life. I did not worry about what I would come into. If my father would return home (no he was not cheating), etc. Nonsense like this...

Just my 2 cents

Maria, I wish you the best

M38, H37
S3, S7
Together 15 yrs
Married 8 yrs
Bomb July 2008
Inhouse separation
"I hate you" "We are over" (too many times to count)
Reconciled Sept 2009 (still worth it)
M
M
I do understand that. My point is that she is not settling for him not being part of the family. Things will change, one way or the other.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
June,
what you posted are 70% my thoughts. But I have to trust myself with this. And I feel I am doing the right thing. Maybe it is taking a while longer than it should, but it is the right thing. And right is not always easy.

I will put my kids to bed and will be back.
Hi girls!!!
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
M
M
Why hello!

K
K
Hey sweetie! Just swinging by. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
T
T
Maria,

I shall add your family to my prayers.

As others have said it seems as though your MC is constructive for the most part. This is truly a blessing. It can be so extremely difficult to find a C that both parties have a definite level of comfort with. It seems you have been blessed by the Lord with this rare find. I will pray fervently that it continues to blossom.

May the Holy Spirit drive any despair and discouragement away.

Ted

debut thread
K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks T!! How are you holding up? Will check on you later...

So, June, the way I see things we are at a turning point. In the MC we started slow but pretty soon all sorts of emotions surfaced, from both of us.

Taking a step back, H wants to "leave everything behind". Like most of the WASs do. No surprise there. Also, I can see that his fog never really allowed him to realise what was hapening to "US". I think his actions were consistent about that the whole time of the separation. I was "family" part of his past and important part of his life and she was...love.

Now, after that loved died (or so I hope), he turns to his family (me) again. I also hope that love played a role there but that is yet to be determined.

What he offers now, is what he thought would be acceptable. Before I split for good this time, cause I will, I need to allow some time for him to realise I mean business about a few things. You see, he left a devastated, begging person, that would settle for almost anything, to come back and find a woman that has digged (or dug sp?) her heels and demands things he wasnt prepared to give.
He thought I would be responsible and take initiative ofr the rekindle phase. He is actually getting impatient at times. And some times, I can see him, coming out from his comfort zone. Especially the last couple of weeks.

Telling him he is not the man I need if he cant handle my emotions, believe me, made him stop and think. He froze there for a min. And that is exactly what is happening now: I could almost hear him thinking "OMG, could she be serious? Did I awake the sleeping dog? I created a ...monster!!". Because he expected me to be happy with the fact that he is back and then "we would take it from there". I think the fact that he is living here and I am not asking him to move back in, is bothering him, the pieces have started to fall to their places, the fact that when I talk about the future he is not included (comes naturally) makes him wonder. Pretty soon he will have to make a choice/choices. I dont know what he will do and I dont know my level of tolerance, but it is happening. Until then, I am doing my best making myself clear and hoping this whole messy situation will improve. If not, my dealbreakers havent been revoked and my license to kill is still valid/intact. smile wink
K

S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
M
M
Originally Posted By: Kalni
If not, my dealbreakers haven't been revoked and my license to kill is still valid/intact. smile wink K
LMAO

Hear hear!!!

K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Laughing with my English kiddo? Show respect for people that are much much frown older, missy!!!

S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
M
M
Hell no, I'm chuckling over Ms. Bond Girl and her license to kill!

Your H has no idea who he's messing with some days! LOL

Page 8 of 52 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 51 52

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard