Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 43 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 42 43
F
OP Offline
F
STBXW filed ANOTHER motion...again..to have me thrown out of the house and temporary sole custody. They also filed for contempt of court since I have not been able to pay the $17,000 of her legal fees.

L is not worried. Says this punitive since we are going for full custody. Besides...I was offered the job and she says I should be happy and not thinking of THIS crap. FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
R
R
FIB - great news about the job! What changes will that make for you, if you take it?

And it sounds like she filed for the same thing I was hoping you would file for! She is delusional...I hope this goes quickly. I can't imagine having to live there...

V
V
You know who benefits from all her motions, win or lose? Her lawyer!

F
OP Offline
F
It's terrible and I can't believe how one gets sucked into this. You start out DB'ing...staying strong...trying hard to reconcile. Then Jekyll turns to Hyde. Someone writes. The other responds. Ugh.

I have one angry and punitive woman here. I have the proverbial "toxic wife". I live with immaturity: my photos of me and my son get turned over or placed behind an object; my laundry gets thrown on the floor; my children are positioned so I can't get to them.....

One a day to day basis, it is difficult to stay calm, steady and not bow down to her level.

FIB

F
F
what does your job entail? I would love to be a professor!!! What do these changes mean for you and your kids?

F
OP Offline
F
Don't have it yet. Was offered but nothing in writing. I would be in one of the top departments in the country. I am at a disadvantage...age and coming from a clinical backround vs. university.

Responding to her complaint. Ugh. Tired of typing. Mostly lies and distorted truth, as usual. Tired of copying things.

Have to keep going.

FIB

A
A
Originally Posted By: faithisbelieving
It's terrible and I can't believe how one gets sucked into this. You start out DB'ing...staying strong...trying hard to reconcile. Then Jekyll turns to Hyde. Someone writes. The other responds.

I have one angry and punitive woman here.
One a day to day basis, it is difficult to stay calm, steady and not bow down to her level.

This is exactly something that I could have penned myself, verbatim.

I'm sorry that you're having to go through the crap that you are!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
K
K
I hope you get the job!!!
Love
K

F@ck her, she will soon be history, at least in some ways... 17,000 for L fees? She is crazy!! (sorry for my french)

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
B
FIB,

This stuff just consistently leaves me speechless. I can't even think of how to respond to offer you encouragement except to shake my head, and that doesn't help you much.

It certainly does seem as though she's ramping up as the conclusion to this tragedy unfolds. Shame on her lawyer for allowing her to continue along this aggressive, attacking path. It's those kinds of lawyers that give others the bad name I guess.

I'm happy for only one thing here Frank. At least her actions over this past year have revealed her inner self in a way you might only have seen over an even slower years and years of marriage. Plus, it seems to me that by choosing this path of hatefulness, she has made it that much easier for you to put to rest inside of you the relationship. As you have already said, why would you ever want such a person back in your life?

I'm not sure what the deal is with the legal system in New York when it comes to dads. I should say that I have done a bit of internet searching from time to time after reading your thread. There are father's advocacy groups in New York, and some of them are working diligently to change a system that has unfairly penalized fatherhood as compared to motherhood. I hope your lawyer is aware of them and has at least considered making use of them.

There is also an expert in marital law in New York who specializes in countering psychological determinations related to custody. If there is any chance that the final custody determination will be made based upon any expert profile done by LG or associated psych personnel, I would look this guy up. Don't recall the name right now, but his resume was very impressive.

As with the others, my prayer is for a quick as possible conclusion for you. The relief you will feel from having her out of your life on the day to day basis will be amazing Frank.

Remember this one?

Strength and honor,

Bill

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
J
J
Quote:

L is not worried. Says this punitive since we are going for full custody. Besides...I was offered the job and she says I should be happy and not thinking of THIS crap. FIB

Wise words.

Frank, I WISH you believed in yourself HALF as much as the people who support you do.

...and talked half as much about your wife. : )

Still to this day, you are the only on here I'd Strangers on the Train for, without the need for reciprocal action. : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 27 of 43 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 42 43

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard