Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 81 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 80 81
J
J
Hey Ali, you know what they say about opinions...

You sound good and I wish you and your BF luck in the babymaking dept....D9 is a treasure and has become my #1 priority. I hope you get to experience that feeling soon.

As far as continuing to post or not, I have thought about it as well. Not sure it does everybody good to stay on so long but I follow a few threads and every once in a while post. No harm in that.

Again good luck to you.

K
K
After all that we have been through...I say keep the positive thoughts going. Life is hard enough.

I think everyone means well and obviously care enough about you to voice words of caution. As long as you are going in with your eyes open, I don't see any problem. Also I know that we usually write about the hard stuff and not all of the good because that is what we want advice about or need to vent about. We aren't in your day to day life. so if you are able to see the big picture, I say go for it.

Love ya, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Ali,

Best luck on the babymaking front! smile Glad you found those ovulation strips. I got pregnant the second month I used them...then my gf asked me about it and she was pregnant 2 months after that! smile

The lessons sound fun! I esp miss taking dance lessons, I took them my whole childhood (age 4-17)...

You are right, babies change your life. You can't just pick up and go like you can when you don't have kids. But they are amazing little people, so worth it! Just this morning after boot camp class I crawled in my bed and snuggled with both of my kids for a few minutes. Best part of my day!

Besides, they do make these things called babysitters/nannies for when you want to have grwon-up time! wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
I, for one, think Ali is on the absolute right track....for her. She knows where she's been, how things have been in the past, has grown as a woman and as a partner....she's fabulous!

That said......so cool on the knitting class. I took crochet years ago and loved it. My mom became very proficient and made a LOT of afghans. It became an honor in our family to get an afghan from my mom. I crocheted a blanket and some sweaters for Marc when I was pregnant. Knitting seems like it would take so much coordination! My left hand is nearly useless.:)

Ballet???? WOW! That is so difficult...I am impressed girl! Have fun.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
Wow! Awesome on the classes! I love dancing, but I've never attempted ballet. Not sure I ever will. I think I'll stick to my country and ballroom. I really want to learn Argentine tango, there's a dance studio near the house I'm buying, so hopefully I can make some time to do that with RB! smile

We can't let our fears hold us back. Yes, BF could leave again, or you could leave him, or either of you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. That can't stop you from living your life though. Just enjoy it!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
A
OP Offline
A
OMG Mish.. Ballet was AMAZING !! I learnt positions etc, plia's and arms and little jumps all at the bar and I had only been there 10 minutes before I nearly cried I loved it so much !! I think the dramatic balletic piano music helped, I felt I was on a filmset. My back still hurts from that accident last May, so I may not be able to keep going frown I wanted to do Argentine tango too Michelle, that sounds ace! It would be great to go with RB.

Saffie, I will google her, thanks. I wanted to knit something in mohair. I bought a beautiful indigoish mohair yarn for a fitted cardigan by Stephanie Japel, which is too ambitious! I can't find an easy mohair pattern??

Bobbi..yes we timed it JUST right I think this month, so could be bingo! Although at my age it could take a year, who knows - my eggs aren’t as sprightly as they once were crazy

Kat, Jon, thanks for your support.. its certainly a big life changing moment for me, a bit different to my posts this time last year hey! It would be a blessing to be able to have one, but we also are both keen on adoption.

K, thanks for posting and yes I know theres no guarantees, but all you can do is go forwards with an open heart right. I love your recent posts btw! I must read PM again (rubbish memory).

I’ve been thinking about writing a diary again.. I love to write and I used to find it a good thing to do. I think journaling in some form would help bf too. I did ask him to write something for me reflecting on all this.. if he does, I will post it here, if it helps anyone reading Piecing, for insight into a WAS.

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
K
K
Sounds like good things. Trying to learn more and do more is certainly good for the soul. Just wanted to check in and say hi!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Kat! Well... we're doing it all 'right', I'm not drinking at all anymore, we're busy eating super well (just made carrot and yam soup!) so its just a waiting game now...!

BF is being very sweet, treating me as precious cargo, as though I am already pg. Things are normal, settled, like it was all a bad dream. Funny to be baby making in this house, I only realised yesterday, this time last year I literally didnt even know where he lived! No address or phone number. What an outcome huh. It doesnt matter at all anymore, in fact we just laugh about it now. I wish I could've posted to some of those in Newcomers but I never could do it. I tried to post all I could here though, especially last year when I got alot of clarity from him, to help anyone wanting some insight into a WAS, for what it was worth. I know all sitches are different, but I do think these men share common themes.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all my friends here! Aint life funny...

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
A
A
Speaking for myself, the insight you provided into the WAS did help a lot. And you're right - although all sitches are different, they all share many similarities.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." Lou Holtz
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Addie, that means alot to me.

So got all my bloods back, good and bad news. My hormones (FSH, LSH, Progesterone) were all normal and Doc said I am definetly not menopausal, nowhere near, yay!!

BUT, I have very elevated prolactin (over 800) and high thyroid stimulating hormone (although thyroid is fine) and low B12, so could be hypothyroidism and possibility of 'growths' on the pituitary in the brain and well.. I feel a bit freaked out now! He said not to worry and he will restest it in 3 months. Although I have to go back in in 2 weeks when bf gets his results. I wasnt expecting to be told I was either lactating or might have a brain tumour crazy

Page 62 of 81 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 80 81

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard