Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
F
OP Offline
F
Yay! Have fun with the little guy. 5 is such an awesome age for a boy and his mommy. laugh

Me38,H:38,S:7
Married:6/99
Bomb:7/04
Sep.:5/05
D Filed:3/08;Final 1/10
Piecing:11/09
H moved back:09/10
Current thread: http://tiny.cc/htcty
B
B
How's it going Freckle? Thanks for your response on my thread. Your NYE kiss still gives me hope!

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for checking in Hope. Things are still pretty good here. We have contact every day.

He had S Friday night as per our usual visitation (I work Friday nights) but brought the two of them here for the 2nd night (Saturday). The weekend before he had mentioned something about breakfast and this weekend he brought bacon over. So Sunday morning I got to cook a big breakfast for us all.

B
B
OOOH big breakfast! That should be a good bonding experience - food! I'm so glad he came over with your S, sounds like you are getting closer. Keep it up! You're my inspiration~

F
OP Offline
F
Went with H this morning to watch our 5 year old read a couple of sentences about snowflakes in a school assembly. He is easily the cutest and most brilliant child in the universe (even if he did forget to wear underwear to school one day last week). Sorry all Earthlings and possible extraterrestrials! laugh There is something special about being with the one other person that also thinks that.

Last night H started talking about taking our son on a camping trip this summer. I told him S would probably love that, but that H might need a vacation after 3 days with him alone in the woods. He said, "You'll be there too!" which was nice to hear. smile Summer in NY is a long, long time away yet. He asked me to start researching someplace to go and how much he had budgeted for it. He also asked me to think of other places to go and things to do this summer. He even brought it all up again this morning.

It's really strange to think that far into the future with the 3 of us. Our son was 6 weeks old when he first dropped the D bomb so there never really was any history of me, H, and S as a family unit and doing things moms and dads do together with their kids. And now to be making plans as a family 6+ months down the road... If this keeps up, I might actually have to admit we're piecing!

B
B
Girl, admit it. You are piecing. My H still has yet to go on a vacation with us and we are piecing!

Congratulations, this sounds so positive. You let him invite you and he is seeing you as a family unit in the future. Get used to it! laugh

And how sweet to see your perfect genius of a child read in school assembly! I have no doubt that after my son, yours actually IS the most special child in the universe! lol!

My S5 read an entire book out loud tonight before bed. My H was here and got it recorded. Good bonding experience for us too - so I know how you feel. We were both just radiating with pride!!! Heck, we did something right, didn't we? Our gorgeous children!

Last edited by Hope4Luv; 01/15/10 05:47 AM.

F
OP Offline
F

Yeah, I made sure not to assume the camping thing was something I was being included in. We were texting last night and I was looking online for places to go and telling him about them. He was excited. He wants to camp on an island that you have to boat to and preferably alone. I guess we're going to look at the places online together and pick and make reservations because apparently camping with no electricity or running water or even toilets on a deserted island is in high demand. Even without the $1 Survivor jackpot as incentive! Go figure. LOL.

The last time we went camping was when we started trying for a baby and we got totally rained out and came home early only to have much of the northeast US and some of Canada lose electricity for a day. We were at least dry though! We still have our killer tent though which has been gathering cobwebs ever since.

We'll have to call a truce on the perfect 5 year old kids. You can rule the west coast and we'll cover the east cost. laugh

F
OP Offline
F
Just found out that my D was final on Friday!

B
B
Crazy, huh? Some people don't feel safe enough until that clear separation. It's only paperwork. Feelings are what count.

F
OP Offline
F
I don't even know if that had anything to do with it. It was filed almost 2 years ago and it was a matter of time. It probably would have been a mess to cancel? Who knows. This is the one topic that has not come up at all over the past few months.

It doesn't bother me under the circumstances. It is a piece of paper. We lived together for almost 5 years before we married--moved 900 miles away from family and bought a house together in that time and had all our money joint, so even though I loved our wedding and it was the happiest day of my life, for day to day realities, it was a piece of paper then too.

I can always be in denial and say that since we were married Catholic that according to them, we're still married despite what NY says. grin I think I'll text him later and say that now I won't have to feel so guilty about sleeping with a married man. LOL

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard