checking on sleeper

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

job Offline
I'm glad you had a great time. Which hotel did you stay in? Bourbon Street has changed quite a bit in the last 12 years. It's a great place to go to relax and enjoy yourself.

I hope that you have recovered and will return soon to post an update.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This was my first trip to New Orleans since 2002 (three years prior to Hurricane Katrina). I am happy to report the French Quarter was unscathed by the storm and the CBD seems better than ever. I visited the New Orleans Museum of Art for the first time and was surprised to find it superior to fine art museums I have visited in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (imho).

I selected the French Quarter Inn online, however it was not the one I thought it to be. The location was excellent but the interior was not as nice as I would have liked. It is in the FQ, two blocks away from the old Jax Brewery where the illuminated Fluer de Lis fell at midnight. I literally walked out the front door of my hotel minutes before it fell on New year's Eve, joined the party and watched the fireworks over the Mississippi River.

A hotel in the FQ is the way to go. I vallet parked my vehicle upon arrival and never drove it the entire time I was there. Everything in the FQ was within walking distance and I caught a streetcar to within 5 blocks of the Museum of Art. The food was fabulous as it always is, fresh Gulf Shrimp and crawfish season just beginning.

The last time I was there was with X but she only crossed my mind a couple of times while I was there when my kids called. I brought back real Mardi Gras masks for my kids and they flipped over them. Got one for myself too. Perfect timing as Carnival season has just begun.

Last edited by sleeper; 01/09/10 05:16 PM.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wierdness......

I took kids by X's workplace to see her yesterday. While there one of X's employee's came in and threw her arms around me from behind saying, "I just love your X-husband." X responded, "You can date him if you want." I'm thinking this is who X was trying to fix me up with the last time she tried. X knows I have dated and I don't understand why she wants to fix me up with anyone. I have no problem finding my own dates.

X mentioned OMH wants to get involved in what has become a traditional activity that is a father-son thing. I was totally caught off guard by this comment and made no immediate response (I have had moments of irritation about this since). I really believe she was just trying to push my buttons as OMH has never been interested in such activities before as this is the third year DS and I have done this.

Then as we were leaving X made direct eye contact with me and made what seemed like a very genuine connection as she thanked me for bringing the kids by so they could see each other.

1. She thinks (or hopes) I still want her and believed herself to be rubbing my face in it by telling an employee, "You can date him if you want."

2. She was trying to push my buttons by suggesting OMH be involved in what has been an activity DS and I do together.

3. She looked me in the eye and thanked me for bringing the kids to see her. (this is the one that confuses me as she seemed very genuine)

Later that evening she called and asked why there was no water in an area of her house and if pipes might be frozen, continuing by asking how she would know if they had burst.

I bluntly said, "You'll find out when they thaw."

Wierdness

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
F
F
Well, isn't it interesting that X gets to grant permission for your dates? More evidence that she has not let go.

I hope she isn't trying to get you and S and OM to do things together--yuck.

You're not her handyman. If she calls, she needs to recognizing that she is disturbing you and you are doing her a favor.

And not weirdness--I think the sun has begun to come up on your X's world and all around is reality. My X is not friendly but I think I am starting to get some sense of reality, too.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
F
Checking on sleeper.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well I was doing pretty good until tonight.

Just talked to X and she is choosing to go out of town with OMH rather than to stay in town and attend DS's participation in a sporting event he arose to by placing 1st in the primaries.

She wants me to videotape it for her.

It is requiring every fiber of my being to not give her a piece of my mind.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
F
F
Well, Sleeper, more of the same.

I guess I am still dealing with that, too.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

A
A
I guess you agreed?

F
F
Originally Posted By: sleeper
Well I was doing pretty good until tonight.

Just talked to X and she is choosing to go out of town with OMH rather than to stay in town and attend DS's participation in a sporting event he arose to by placing 1st in the primaries.

She wants me to videotape it for her.

Sounds like she has made another poor, selfish choice. Why cover for her at this point?

A video tape would be for her and only her and IMO would be sort of enabling wouldn't it? It wouldn't give your son what is really needed here, which is her attendance and support.

She is remarried and continues to put herself before anyone else. Why help her with her poor choices?

Don't stand still.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard