Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 109 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 108 109
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I agree it needs to be something you can enjoy. I just also think you have to weigh in the financial benefit as well depending on what goals you have in life.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
M
M
I think people are still nitpicking everything that Kevin says and is relating it to his sitch.

Nothing wrong with having fun with your job. And nothing wrong with getting a job that brings in more scratch.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
C
C
Having a discussion with differing viewpoints is nitpicking? Kevin rarely shares anything other than thoughts about his W or how unhappy he is. We can only respond to the information that is provided to us. Can't say I understand the "nitpicking" comment but then again I don't agree or understand with the majority of what you post so it's all good.

Kev - on the Yahoo homepage (under the "today section") a new article was just posted about job satisfaction. I found it to be an interesting read and it covered many aspects (pay, fulfillment, insurance and so on).

J
J
Interesting stuff Kev. I just caught up from the 29th on.

I agree that money always seems to be the first thing you mention. And having been married to someone similar, I understand why. Time to get over that.

And is it just me, or is every time you say you're doing something "for your daughters" it's really for your W? Money won't matter to them, unless you want to get into the typical divorced parents competition to buy the kids love. Please don't do that. Money is never what a kid wants anyway.

Beyond any of that, do you enjoy working in cubicle world? Would you enjoy mobility, laptop and phone anywhere like CG?

I just got a job with a new start-up, but it will be much more structured, office, 9-6 set schedule. It's such a good opportunity I had to take it, and try and work both.

Looks like the Sunday meeting is working out, looking forward to it.

Me: 30
W: 28
T 8, M 6
S: 7-27-2007
W filed (again) 3-2011
Served 8-2011
Responded, now dark
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear" MLK
M
M
Well it does sound like nitpicking. He just made a casual comment and was jumped on it. If you look at his posts since Day One you know which comments refer to his sitch and which ones are casual comments.

If I were him, I'd be afraid to say anything lest people misinterpret what I wrote.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy New Year Kevin.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Stuck does know me well enough to know when I am not referring to my sitch. These latest posts have not had anything to do with my sitch, but instead about my own future and goals that I am considering.

CG, I started thinking why not as far as going back to school. I would have to work out some sort of different schedule and it would cause me to miss a lot of time with my girls. It is something I would have to take into consideration.

I did do a bit more research tonight and it looks like most chemist jobs outside of a tenured professor make less, the same or a bit more than what I am already pulling in. I am not sure in the long run it would be worth it unless I went all the way to professor level which I am guessing would take many years and all the way through a phd as well as intern and a ton of school loans to pay back. It is a lot to consider.

Jon, I actually grow tired of the cubicle world when it revolves around reporting and analysis. I have done that for so long that I would like to do something different. I am just not sure what. But I am exploring some things since CG got me to thinking today. Also I am going to go ahead and set up a dinner for Sunday night. FaithfulH will make it if his flight arrives on time and fightin4mywife is in as well as a friend of mine who has a name on here but has never posted. He just reads. His name on the boards is AtTheEnd. Not sure if there are spaces in his name or not but it won't show up either way. Also IRMAC would like to join, but I don't know if she is available Sunday. Soco has said she would like to make a meeting sometime, but I have not yet heard from her this week on it. So at the minimum, I am thinking it will be at least 5 of us Sunday night.

The money has nothing to do with buying anything for my daughters or their love. I have a real concern about my financial future now that I am winging it alone and didn't take things seriously when I had the opportunities when I was younger. I'm not getting any younger and I can't just sit by for more years to pass without doing something about it.

I definitely wouldn't mind being more involved in the team project world again as I have some experience with that as well as some past experience doing BA work. I enjoyed that stuff.

I enjoyed biology and chemistry in college years ago. But I don't know if it will really pay itself back at this point in life. I am definitely looking at things though.

CG, I am not sure where the yahoo Today section is on yahoo. I don't see that section.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
T
T
Hey Kev,

I can't make it this time around but keep me posted the next time you get together and I'll drive up.

S
S
MCAT study group. anyone?

S
S
Kevin! You made it a whole day without talking about "___"! Yeah!

Me: 46 FWS: 36
Married and Divorced 4/07, Pregnant 7/07,False R 7/07
Baby Girl born 3/08
Kicked him out because OW: 7/08
5/10 He realized what he had and lost.
Moved home! REMARRIED 3/14/11!!
P
P
I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!! One down. 90 2 go!!! ;-)

Use this time to work on YOU. If you dont YOU will REGRET it.

Consider yourself on sabbatical from your marriage. Time to focus on fixing Kevin NOT, what's her name.

PMA

Page 67 of 109 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 108 109

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard