Arroz Verde (green rice)

1 tbspn butter
1.5 cups white rice
3/4 cups chopped cilantro
10 green onions,sliced
2 serrano peppers, diced
salt
2 3/4 c water

Saute rice and butter until rice is transluscent. In separate bowl or blender, puree the other ingredients together. Add to the rice. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 15-18 minute.

Chipotle chicken
2-4 chicken breasts
4 cups chicken stock
1 med onion, chopped
2 chipotle peppers or use a few teaspoons of chipotle chili flakes
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 pound tomatillos
3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
salt as needed

Put chicken breasts in deep frying pan or dutch oven. Cover with stock, onion, chipotle chilis, garlic. Bring to a boil and cover pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes (until chicken is cooked)

Remove chicken to cool. Add tomatillos to the stock and cook over med heat until they turn soft and yellowish. Remove the tomatillos and blend with cilantro. Add back to the stock

Cut up the chicken into bite sized chunks and add to the stock.
Reduce the stock down to thick sauce by cooking it over med-high heat.

Serve with guacamole or avocado slices, sour cream, and steamed corn tortillas. (and the rice) YUMMMMMMMY!!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

D
D
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach... well, if you are always making recipes like this, who wouldn't always arrive at meal time?

I'm drooling over this recipe. Gotta try it this week. YUM! Thanks for sharing!

M40, H39
M17 T20
D13, S12
H moved out 05/09
D filed 1/10
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
DBD You are so nice! How are you able to stay so positive with a big baby of an H??? ;-)And I might add that tonight's meal is
Indian.(ish)
Tandoori Chicken with lentil salad and sweet potato-garbanzo cakes. I want to make Naan but next time. It's a little time consuming with S!

p.s. here is what we (WH cooked it) used to make:
burritos, hamburgers, spaghetti, various salads, stir fry, or WH would make homemade pizza dough for calzones. So you see, I really didn't have much experience cooking.

Last edited by newmama; 01/05/10 10:21 PM.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

D
D
Oh cut it out!! I'm going to show up for dinner! You ought to start a blog like in the movie Julie and Julia posting those recipes. laugh I'd love to try them myself. Yummy!

M40, H39
M17 T20
D13, S12
H moved out 05/09
D filed 1/10
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I loooooved that movie! But why start a new blog when I can just post here? hee hee!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

C
C
who does not cook like this... I cook all the time too. Best part of the day planning and making and eating dinner. ::))))))

Thats right ladies. I cook , clean and honour my vows... wink

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
D
D
Oh.. do share cutter... wink

M40, H39
M17 T20
D13, S12
H moved out 05/09
D filed 1/10
R
R
Wow it sounds very healthy, too! Awesome find Newmama! I will definately try that one out! Please post your tandoori chicken recipe, too, if you do not mind! I have lots and lots of super healthy recipes I can post as well if you want!

C
C
newmama. i will start a thread in the off topic section tomorrow. Or maybe an off topic one in our area. And we can post our dinners to each other. smile

DBD... If you start it thats cool smile

I am sure P could use some of these smile

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hey, posting recipes in Off topic sounds like a good idea!
And I was not knocking those menu items that we used to make but when you do them week in and week out...it gets old!

BUt tonight's dinner was kind of bland...it was missing a sauce or something. The tandoori chicken and the chickpea cakes were really yummy and pretty easy to make! The lentil salad was not good.

One of my wishes for recipes in cookbooks is that I wish they would post good ideas for sides to go with main dishes (i.e. serve with ___)

Tonight's update: not much. Poor S has been sick so we texted a lot about it (necessary). WH arrived and noticed the mess in the kitchen, asking what was for dinner. When I told him he said it sounded fancy!

Then I worked out, cooked dinner, and warned WH that it might be a little odd and that the lentil salad was not good. He still tried everything (so not like the H I knew) and even put the lentil salad on top of the chicken which was on top of the chickpea cake. He suggested using this chili sauce we had for a sauce. It was all right. He said it was pretty good but didn't clean his plate! Still, I thought it was nice that he tried it all. And honestly, sometimes even the cook can admit the food wasn't that good.

So as we ate, The Daily Show was on and the topic was Tiger Woods! Yikes! So I tried to find something different to watch (pretending not to notice the subject matter) but there was nothing on! Luckily I went to our DVR and found a show that both of us liked and neither of us watched before.

Then I got up to clean and he rocked S to sleep, then when I returned, I surfed the net on my laptop and didn't interact much with WH. He put S to bed, came back downstairs and we discussed S's health a little bit longer. All in all, I still managed to only share the same room with him for 30 minutes max! Woo hoo!

Now tomorrow is his day off and we will be going to lunch at the hamburger place. My goal is to be distracted at least when he is here. Again, it is tough to fill 8 hours with tasks that keep me out of the house so I have to modify this a little.

So, he will arrive between 7:30-8. I will be on the internet or reading a book (my cook books?) or something.

8:30-10:30 will consist of working out and getting ready.
10:30-11 I can clean a little before we go
11-12 we will go to lunch
12-2 I will mop, then vacuum
2-3 I will go to the store

gotta run!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 39 of 89 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 88 89

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard