Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
I will ask again... do you want to be "goal buddies" with me? I will hold up my end of the deal. Will you?

I could use a goal buddy and yes I want to. I will keep my end of the deal and I do appreciate it.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
C
C
Okay, I am very glad you still want to be buddies.

Since I am a pretty cool buddy <insert laughter here> I will come right out and ask. What do you need from me? How can I better support and encourage you?

Perhaps I can share with you what I need. I will need support and encouragement to remain focused. If I post that I am tired, overwhelmed or feeling buried I will need a kick in the ass and a reminder that I *can* do this.

S
S
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
I will be going back to school in two weeks to study law. I hope to specialize in family law. I need to complete three semesters to become a paralegal. After that I will need to complete another three semesters to earn a BS in Legal Studies. I do have a college degree although its in a different field. What will happen after that? Maybe I will take the LCATs just for giggles and see if any law school will have me, lol!

Why are you studying to become a paralegal rather than just going straight into law school?

My college degree wasn't related to law. There were people with all kinds of degrees when I was in school.

I don't doubt for a minute that any law school would scoop you up.

K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
Okay, I am very glad you still want to be buddies.

Since I am a pretty cool buddy <insert laughter here> I will come right out and ask. What do you need from me? How can I better support and encourage you?

Perhaps I can share with you what I need. I will need support and encouragement to remain focused. If I post that I am tired, overwhelmed or feeling buried I will need a kick in the ass and a reminder that I *can* do this.

I can do that. That won't be a problem.

I guess one of the things I need is for you to refocus me when I start getting side tracked. I got way to easily side tracked yesterday. One of my bigger issues is simply staying focused on the task at hand and not reading into things and thinking there is something more there than really may be.

That is the quick thought that comes to mind.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
C
C
I chose the paralegal track because I do think it is something I will really enjoy and I am very, very certain its what I want to do. I have been thinking about this for almost a year and my thoughts have not waived once. As far as taking things any further I am just not sure at this time.

While I LOVE to learn and be challenged I do NOT love school. I understand school is necessary to obtain a certain type of job but I simply am not one of those people that love, love, love being a student.

A four year degree in legal studies simply would give me more earning power as a paralegal. What I mapped out in an earlier post is sort of my "best case scenario". For me though school has to be a "one step at a time" process. I fare much better when I break up school in smaller time frames. I know for sure I want to work as a paralegal. I do not know for sure what I want after that.

I have a few close friends that went through law school and some do work as attnys and others do not. So, I decided for me it was best to sort of reach one goal, see where I am at and go from there. I plan to finish my coursework to become a paralegal where I live now. I do hope to move out of state after that. Once this initial goal is reached I can better evaluate the next path.

Thanks for your encouragement. I am not sure why but I feel so nervous! I have not been in school since 1997! YIKES! A law school might have me but they might not want to keep me smile

S
S
CG, sounds like a good plan. I just know you will do well.

I loved school, but even I couldn't find much to love about law school. laugh

C
C
I am so impressed with anybody who made it through law school. I watched my friends who completed law school in awe. Total and complete awe.

I am of the mindset that once I start something, no matter how much I don't like it (school for example) I will finish it. Knowing myself that way is why I chose to complete the paralegal coursework first. The "prize" seems much easier to attain in three semesters. I am hoping I look back once that is finished and say to myself "hey, that wasn't so bad, lets keep going!" (this mindset might require several bottles of wine! lol!)

My attny has been so, so supportive. He let me spend several days in his office with is paralegal and legal assistant and I loved every minute of it. Due to the nightmarish nature of my divorce case I spent lots of time with my attny. Putting aside the emotional turmoil one feels when they are part of the case, I really loved every minute of it.

I am also very attracted to the idea of the options a paralegal has. Sure, a paralegal can work in a law firm but they also are needed in many other entities. I love the idea of having so many choices upon completion.

I really do admire you for attending law school. You should be so, so proud of yourself. I am proud of you!

K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
CG,

25 would be a great resource for you on law school. You should really pick her brain.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
C
C
I would be honored and grateful to have the opportunity to speak to anybody that has completed law school. The inspiration alone would be nothing short of amazing. Over the past year I have tried to talk to as many people as I know who have chosen some form of law as a career. It has been so very helpful.

I am not looking for anybody to blow smoke up my ass. I do wonder if I am smart enough. My attny seems to think I have many skills that will bode well. I love to read and research and I certainly have honed my ability to think outside the box. What I might lack in "brains" I have in drive and dedication. Hopefully that will be a winning combination, lol!

Page 64 of 109 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 108 109

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard