Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
S
OP Offline
S
H's creditors call all the time, one in particular - I never answer the phone anymore - just let the machine pick up. Tonight I finally answered and gave them Catbitch's cell number - oops - I meant to give them H's number.

New settlement conference date is set for January 6. Yes, Pearl, L says to hang tight until a decision is made about the house. A big fat settlement from a man with no job? I'll be lucky to get some of his retirement. But me continuing to stay in this falling down house, 35 minutes from my job? This has to end. And I'm ready to stand my ground.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

K
K
SF
Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas
next year is going to be brighter and easier one for you,i just know it!

take care

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
K
SF-
You are one strong, resilient lady. Wishes for a very Merry Christmas and beginning of a Stellar New Year!

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

K
K
Your h sounds pathetic. Wouldn't wanna be him!

You're doing good, Sweetie. Just bide your time, deep breath, keep on keepin' on.

P
P
SF, I laughed out loud when I read that you gave the creditor Catbitch's number. laugh laugh laugh Love it!!

Try to put him out of your mind for the holidays so you can enjoy them! He doesn't deserve any of your time or energy.

Are you going to look for a condo in town? I totally picture you as a city girl being near the arts scene.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone for the holiday wishes and support. I hope you all had some good times too. I can't believe school starts back up tomorrow. Where did the 2 weeks go? I bet there are some parents out there that are ready though!

The settlement conference is set for this Wed. Jan. 6. I'm gathering my paperwork - mostly everything I had for mediation but that was in March so things need to be updated.

In my notebook I wrote out a mantra that I will look at if I'm feeling pressured or emotional:

"H has no respect for you nor does he care about you - he does not have your well being at heart. Love, respect and take care of your own self. Do not agree to anything that you are unsure of and do not sign ANYTHING today."

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

I
I
I pray all goes well on Wed. you and I are about the same age....and I need someone my age to relate to....you have posted to me in the past....so if you don't mind I would like to see if you have a facebook account????

Done 01/2014
K
K
Quote:
H has no respect for you nor does he care about you - he does not have your well being at heart. Love, respect and take care of your own self. Do not agree to anything that you are unsure of and do not sign ANYTHING today."

This is a great idea SF, its not easy to "wrangle" and get whats best for you, when you are dealing with a person you once loved and had devoted yourself to, having to swtich from , whats best for US to ME is not easy, I had a lot of probs w/ that too, thank goodness my father came with me a lot and wasnt about to let it happen!

you will be thankful in the end you did look out for you, as your stbx is doing the same- its not mean its fair
Good Luck to you Wed!

Last edited by KarenMarieS; 01/04/10 05:09 PM.

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

P
P
Excellent mantra Silver! Don't let your L push you to do anything either. I'm off to SF for a few days on Wed but will be thinking of you and will try to check in to see how it went.

Do you have the high heels picked out? wink

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks girls.

IRMAC - I am on FB. I haven't decided if I want to use it or start a separate account just for DB friends. I think some others here are doing that. I'll let you know.

Karen - Always good to hear from you and what you went through. I never, never, never thought I would be able to sit in front of my H and discuss a D. Now I'm almost looking forward to it? I found myself singing that 60's song this afternoon - "What goes up, must come down" (by....I can't remember who) - as I was writing some more notes to myself concerning the conference. Weird how it just popped into my head.

Pearl - You sure are the traveling girl. Let me know when you want to travel south. Of course I'll have to move first and set up a guest bedroom. I'm not looking for a condo but I do want an artsy house near downtown with a fenced yard. I have two dogs, one of which weighs 110 lbs.

Ah, the heels. Will 3 inch black suede ankle boots do? H is used to seeing me in either Danskos or sneakers. Not that he will notice or that I'll be wearing them for him.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard