Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
S
S
laugh

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
G
OP Offline
G
Day 2 - Good Morning.
Sleep. Check. (hi Gypsy)
Eat. The hotel comp'd my breakfast this morning.
Exercise. What's that? Just kidding.
With R Achilles injury, I'm going to have to get creative. The hotel has a pool. Maybe I'll run (hobble) to Goodwill today and get a swimsuit.
Or,
I could go to my house and pick up my favorite suit.

There is not enough evidence to support that a crime has happened. The stuff at the house is just stuff. Except my daughter. I sure would like to see her. And S19, he has to go back to school at the end of next week. I miss my kids this morning.

Oh crap. More tears. I'm going to go get some breakfast. Anyone care to join me? It's free. (Bunny, we could compare bridesmaids photos.)

B
B
Originally Posted By: goldeylox

There is not enough evidence to support that a crime has happened.

I don't understand this?? A 16 year old & his mother file a complaint of assault by a man who has a history of restraining orders & violence & the police do nothing?
Does H know about the police interview or you trying to get the restraining order?

& I read on your other thread that no restraining order was issued?

Sweetie.. I can understand the tears. It must be exasperating to seek help from the authorities & get told 'sorry, nothing we can do"

Can you sum up where things stand right now?
You've posted a variety of things in many threads & I'm lost.

I'm so happy that you are getting a sponsor & using her to help you in your journey to healthy.
The stuff at the house is just stuff.

Originally Posted By: goldey
I miss my kids this morning.

Yep.. I get this & am right there with you sister. I'm going out for Dim Sum this afternoon with a women's meetup group here in town. Never had Dim Sum, have no idea what it is.. but I need company & some new face-to-face friends.

Originally Posted By: goldey
I'm going to go get some breakfast. Anyone care to join me? It's free.
I'm all about 'free'.
I'll have an omlet with bacon, whole wheat toast, coffee 2 creams, 2 sweetners.

Hugs
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

G
OP Offline
G
Sorry Bridge. I'm walking out the door to go eat. Another busy day ahead. Should have Skype up and running soon.
I'll send you something in the alt when time allows. Had a nice chat w/ Gypsy this am.
Enjoy that Dim Sum...love Goldey

K
K
Hi goldey,
welcome! You have me confused with your sitch, need to catch up. In the meantime, Happy 2010!!!
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
G
OP Offline
G
Well, I guess I should update my sig line.
No laws have been broken. Apparently in Oregon, you can push people around and as long as you don't break any bones, or leave bruises, it's okay. The Deputy is simply following the law. It sucks. Pretty much Hus has to take a swing at me, and either connect, or have his kids witness it. And I'm not in the mood for that today, or any day.
So he gets away with it. Monday, Child Protective Services steps in. No offense to anyone in DHS, but they are useless.
I sent this to my BFF this morning...perhaps it will help. I'm sleepy, going to turn in early. All the local shelters are full, holidays you know. Good Night everyone, talk to you when time allows.
Thanks for riding this rollercoaster with me. love Goldey
S16 did a 100% fantastic job w/ Deputy yesterday. Friend/Former Mediator came along for moral support. Deputy spent 2 hours interviewing him, but there is not enough evidence to support an arrest warrant. We need bruises, witnesses. S16 needs more than I am able to give him. DHS will interview him on Monday, probably at school. I'll be at work and not really available for anything until late Tues or possibly Weds.
Tonight is my last night at the swanky hotel. I love it here. But it is time for me to move on. Shelter has expanded their search to include Seattle and Salem. Taking LOA beginning 1/11/10 starting to sound reasonable. Will try to explore on Tuesday.
Trying to limit my walking, as R ankle still having pain off/on.
No Booze, No Men.
Just Goldeylox, and her three bears. I miss my bears. And you.
hugs, love and kisses, Goldey

L
L
Goldey saw your hijack...gonna get caught up on your sitch. (((Hugs))) in the meantime...

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
L
Phew Goldey. You have had a rough time of it. But my first thoughts are what amazing strength you have in the eyes of all this ...

I post mostly about my sitch now, but many know this is not my first time around the marriage block. What most don't know is that my first XH was very abusive. Thankfully, I had some really good friends who spotted the signs, and I got out of it. The courts were different then, granting me sole custody of D23 and D25 w/ no visitation to him. (It didn't help that the cops hated him...well it did help me. Just not him wink )

Anyway, I am going to follow your sitch now that you are on this board, and offer any words of wisdom and, since I am a paralegal, any resources (legally I cannot offer advice, but I am sure as shiznit good at researching where to get it), support, drinks (the virtual kind, my real brain cannot take the hangovers anymore...), share my smokes (my New Years Res is NOT to quit. Maybe then I actually will), support, and all the hugs you need.

Chin up. Look at this as the first day of the new chapter of a better and healthier life.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

S
S
Goldey - I am a little confused like others here. Has you H ever hit you or is it just his angry behavior you are afraid of?

Dont feel bad that you tried with the police and got nowhere. You had to try. I can understand their position if there was no physical violence that has occured. They cant really go arresting people based upon alleged fears. Please, correct me if I am wrong on that.

It seems like your next step is to file for a divorce so as to get something going legally pronto. Washington county does have free advisors to help with that if you need it. They may even have some experience with situations like yours.

As for where you can live for the time being, have you checked out The Good Neighbor Center near Washington Square?...

http://www.goodneighborcenter.org/the-center/

My daughter went there as a girl scout to deliver donations recently. One of the other girl scout mother's had lived there a bit to get back on her feet and it seemed like a safe place to help rebuild a persons life.

You are on the right path. No booze is good. And you are very emotionally stressed and vulnerable now, so staying away from single men is best also.

Maybe it is also a good time to seek out a new church. One other than where your husband attends.

G
OP Offline
G
Ok gang, you asked for it.
The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth.
My husband is a serial abuser.
The first time he hit me was shortly after S19 was born.
Pushed my head through the sheetrock (good thing I missed the stud). Was immediately apologetic, and foolishly, I fell for it.
We argued a lot, and I insisted on MC.
There were more incidents of pushing, slapping, pinching, socking, often leaving bruises. I covered up for him. Ashamed.
Confided in his mother, who did not want to hear about it.
I stayed. And made another kid. And things were fine, for a while.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard