Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 101 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 100 101
B
OP Offline
B
I hate to hijack my own thread here......

But I have to admit that I initiated the first kiss while on vacation. But...I did it with the intention of creating a different feeling between WAW and I and it was just a single kiss. My WAW initiated the next couple and tried to make them more romantic.

Since things started out poorly and I wanted the week to go well, I felt I had to do something different. But, since we have been back, I gone right back to not contacting her or anything.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Gnosis
What are BTM's plans for the New Year?

I actually have not made any major plans for next year. And for me...that is a big thing. I have always been a planner and right now am learning to enjoy living one day at a time.

No longer being scared of the final outcome of my marital situation makes it so much easier to just live.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
OP Offline
B
WAW texted me at 12:06 am - "Happy New Year. I love you". I was sleeping with phone tuned off, but this morning sent back "HNY". No need to do more than that I think.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
OP Offline
B
Yesterday, WAW came over with groceries and made dinner for she and I and S16. D18 was at work. We are nicely settling in to our routine. I may even go to a movie with WAW and the kids one night this week. It looks like the family vacation showed us that we can spend time together without it being too awkward. Many of you thougth it would be a really bad thing and it turned out well.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

P
P
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
Yesterday, WAW came over with groceries and made dinner for she and I and S16. D18 was at work. We are nicely settling in to our routine. I may even go to a movie with WAW and the kids one night this week. It looks like the family vacation showed us that we can spend time together without it being too awkward. Many of you thougth it would be a really bad thing and it turned out well.

Before you went, you wrote:

Quote:
I have the whole vacation thing all worked out in my mind. I am going to have a great week in the sun away from the snow here. I think this just might be the perfect opportunity to show my WAW just how much I have moved on.

How exactly does taking her on a nice vacation, and initiating affection with her, show her "how much you've moved on"??

Please don't misunderstand me. If your choice was to go the "win her over" route (which I don't necessarily agree with), then fine on the vacation. But if you were trying to show her that you were moving on, we tried to tell you that you'd probably go all "melty man" on the vacation, and that it wouldn't work.

You did, indeed, go all melty man. We'll see in time how that helps (or hurts) your efforts.

I am glad you had fun tho! grin

Puppy

B
OP Offline
B
I did not go all "melty melt" at all!! Seriously!!

I simply showed her a little affection, so she would feel better and the family would have a better week. I don't want her to think I have lost all feelings toward her and have become cold - and I know that's what she was thinking prior to me being a little affectionate towards her.

I also know she was hoping for much more than I gave her.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

J
J
Wow! An L-Bomb? That's really big.

I got one of those a year ago, but things have cooled off since then.

You're doing great BTM! I think you were right to not make things completely cold. Just IMO. Keep us updated.

Me: 30
W: 28
T 8, M 6
S: 7-27-2007
W filed (again) 3-2011
Served 8-2011
Responded, now dark
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear" MLK
B
OP Offline
B
Update....

Last night I saw Avatar with WAW and our kids and daughter's boyfriend. They all had dinner at the restaraunt my WAW manages. I skipped that and told WAW that I don't feel comfortable there.
I met them at the theatre and even sat beside WAW. She said "are you sure you want to sit beside me?" I said "why - do you smell?"

The movie was good and when it was over I just left with my son and made no big deal out of it. I think WAW was looking for a hug or something, but I am not going to be the one to initiate it now.

I am getting used to life at home without WAW, and actually enjoying some aspects. Back in the groove at work. There are times when I am no longer sure that I actually want her back. No need to make a definite decision right now. I have lots of time.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

G
G
Quote:
They all had dinner at the restaraunt my WAW manages. I skipped that and told WAW that I don't feel comfortable there.

Why did you not feel comfortable? Sounds like you are trying to make her feel guilty and makes you look pretty unmanly.

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" Matthew 6:33
P
P
Originally Posted By: GoBison
Quote:
They all had dinner at the restaraunt my WAW manages. I skipped that and told WAW that I don't feel comfortable there.

Why did you not feel comfortable? Sounds like you are trying to make her feel guilty and makes you look pretty unmanly.

I disagree. To me, t his shows me that he knows what he wants, what he DOESN'T want, and is willing to take the lead on making sure he has the former in his life and not the latter.

And you gotta admit, the "Why, do I smell bad?" thing was beautifully executed. grin

Puppy

Page 61 of 101 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard