Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey guys

Well I am now in Thailand and it is great. Tomorrow I am off to Phi Phi, where they filmed 'The Beach'. Singapore was really good fun, I met another girl weirdly who's ex boyfriend had Chron's disease so it was really good to have a discussion about that, him and h shared some very interesting post illness traits. It was good being able to talk about it with someone who understands what it is like to go through it, especially as a parnter of. And a couple of guys so the 4 of us hung out together and had Christmas lunch together and Singapore Slings at Raffles. During the day I hung out by myself and had some much needed me time. I was staying in Little India so it was good to hang out there and also looking round China town and all the countless shopping malls that Singapore has.

I think I am meeting up with an old friend from school on Phi Phi which will be nice.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Christmas smile

Travel is definately good for the soul! :-)

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
I'm closing my eyes and imagining you sitting at the beautiful Raffles hotel sipping Singapore Slings.....sigh....so peaceful.

Ok, so you were in Singapore, staying in Little India, looking around China town and headed to Thailand. Good heavens! That's quite a blend of asian flavors. smile Hope you had some great Indian food while staying in Little India. Enjoy the Thai! It's my favorite. You just made me want to jump a flight to Mumbai actually to visit a friend I haven't seen in about a year other than on FB. He's a serious hottie.....:) Way too young but good for the ego......hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....oh my, ok, it's getting hot in here.......

Enjoy! Lay in the sun and soak up the rays on the beautiful beach. I'm so jealous!!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Good to hear that your journey is off to a good start! This adventure and what you take from it are going to define you for the rest of your life. I am so thrilled for you.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
D
D
Off to a wonderful start-fantastic!

M
M
Yay!!!! That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I spent the day snorkelling round and island called Phi Phi, it was the place that was featured in the film 'the beach' with Leo. I also hung out with 3 *gorgeous* french guys who were really funny so it was quite like being in the beach lol. It's all good!

I have just booked to go off to 'paradise' apparently for New Year as it is so touristy here hopefully it'll be a bit quieter there. I didn't fancy the full moon parties as apparently it isn't recommended if you are on your own esp of you are female. Paradise'll do me ok though wink

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
FUN FUN FUN!! I love that you are doing so many interesting things and meeting great people. Impressive!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

D
D
Happy New Year, Julia. This one is for you!!

J
JCJ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey Guys

I thought I'd try and catch up a bit with my emails and here smile I have mainly been on the islands around southern Thailand but have finally got back to dry land. I spent New Year on an island called Koh Ngai which was so lovely, the pic does not do it justice. Although I am not sure it was the wisest of choice really becasue after it got dark there was nothing to do and it was full of couples having a romantic time which didn't make me feel the best. Still, the beach was lovely and you only had to swim a few feet out into the water to snorkel in the reef which was full of gorgeous fish.

Previously I was in Koh Phi Phi which again wasso beautiful but very very touristy and full of bars and clubs and the bit where you had to stay was totally ruined by that. Still though, I really enjoyed it. Now I am in Krabi and tomorrow I am getting the bus up to Bankok. I am going there early as I really feel like I have seen round here now and I figure I can always do day trips from Bangkok if I want to. I plan on doing a Thai cooking course there too and also I am hopefully meeting a friend there from when I was at school so it will be nice to see a friendly face.

H wished me Happy Christmas text which I ignored and when it came to New Year I sent him a happy new year text, perhaps becasue I was feeling a little lonely. He replied straight away actually with a nice text so I sent a chatty one back and he replied with a funny saying we used to have between the two of us re the cat. That was the first for a long time. Later he sent me a happy new year text when it was his time for new year. Like always now, I read nothing into anything but it was nice. I have missed him today and then I realised that it was just becasue I was a little hormonal and probably feeling a bit vulnerable in a strange place on my own. That being said, seeing all these coupls travelling together does make me miss him. Hopefully Bangkok will help wiith that.

I am having a fantastic time, he just sneaks in sometimes smile I hope this isn't too full of typos. I can't read what I have written on this computer so I am writing 'blind'!

I hope everyone had a good new year and here's to a great 2010 to all the amazing people on this fantastic board!

Jx

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
Glad you are having to much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard