Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 82 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 81 82
G
OP Offline
G
S and I had a great time at the football game today - went with some friends. And we won.

Got home, and I'm gonna cook some ribs on the grill.

Since home, W has been chatty with me in a happy, interested way. Been down this road before. But, it is different from the past few weeks.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
L
L
Hey GIMA,

It appears that you need to move forward with your life. You are correct...there really is nothing left you can do to get your W out of her funk. God knows I've tried with mine. We share the same situation. This is their problem now...time for us to move on buddy. Maybe filing for divorce will snap your wife out of it. Maybe not. If filing doesn't wake them up, I can't think of anything else that will. It is what it is my friend.

-LFH

ME: 38
W: 35
D2.5 and S5
Married 12 years
Separated (same house, different rooms)
INILWYAM by W: 4/16/2009
The day W requested a D: 4/17/2009
G
OP Offline
G
LFH,

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. I don't think she has any idea how hard this going to be on us financially. But, as Coach has told me, I can't apply logic to an emotional decision.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
Gima, Sorry about the accident. Glad no one was hurt too badly. How's your neck?
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
Good morning folks...
I noticed from my in-laws being here for Christmas how enamored they are with money and the price of things. How much this car or that car costs. How cheap they bought a bag of chips. Man, let it go. Do you really know what is important? Really?
So, not surprisingly, that's where W got her preoccupation with appearances.
And I don't understand why money for her seems to be THE most important issue. Right now, maybe it's all she has left since she has given up on our M.
Appearances, appearances.
As concerned as my W is about money, she does not appear to be looking for A job. Instead, she's looking for THE job.
Life, as the more realistic among us realize, does not afford such luxury. Maybe you should cut her off from all but house and kid money.
P.S.: After writing this post, the thought came to me that if this is what my W values most in life, why would I want to spend the rest of my life with her? And, I don't have an answer other than I wouldn't.
Tough, but perhaps ultimately inevitable conclusion.

You are in my prayers and have my sign of peace, friend.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
How are you feeling today GIMA? No lingering effects from the accident?

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
SpyBunny #1902748 12/28/09 02:50 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Gardener, thanks. I am sifting through some conflicting emotions today. Probably triggered by W acting like the W of old slightly. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

SB, no negative effects from the wreck. I have to take the car to a body shop to have them give me the number. I think it's gonna be significant. Thanks for asking.

The conflict I have is logic (she isn't coming back and any nice behavior from her is b/c she wants to feel better or just get along until D is finished) v. emotion (she is acting nicely, so maybe this might be a sign). So far, logic is winning.

I will be polite, but continue to show strength in my discussions and actions. I will get things moving for the D - first step would seem to sit down with her and talk about what D will look like - financial aspect, custody, etc. Not doing this to get a reaction from her. It is the only option I see at this point.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G

I will be polite, but continue to show strength in my discussions and actions. I will get things moving for the D - first step would seem to sit down with her and talk about what D will look like - financial aspect, custody, etc. Not doing this to get a reaction from her. It is the only option I see at this point.

Talk with her BEFORE you file? For consensus? Don't forget the 'v' (GIMA v GIMA's W).

Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
C
C

Glad to hear that you had no ill effects from the accident.

When are you sitting down with her? Do you have an idea of what a D will look like yourself? Think it would be good if you had a starting point for custody, support, etc. before you sit down.

D-12
S-9
S-8
B 5/08
S 1/09
Greek #1902759 12/28/09 03:09 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Greek, the thought is to reach as many agreements as possible v. lawyering up off the bat, which means WAY more expense. Also, I suspect what she thinks hte D will look like v. what I will agree to are two, very different, things. It's an opportunity to bring more reality her way. I'm listening if you feel strongly otherwise.

C-Bart, I do think I have to get MY ducks in a row before I sit down with her.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
gima,
I know you're a lawyer, but it seems to me that first step should be your sitting down with a lawyer, not W (unless you've already done so and I missed/forgot it).

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Page 16 of 82 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 81 82

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard