Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 130 of 132 1 2 128 129 130 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, I think I do need to mention amounts based on a lot of stuff from past history together. Specificity is a lot of what he was talking about when he said I was never clear about what I wanted.

"Help more with housework" is vague.

"I want you to take full responsibility for the dishes," is specific. In fact, unless I'm missing more than I think even the DB stuff says to get as concrete, quantifiable and specific as possible.

??

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
B
B
Well, you know him better than any of us do! And I dont think that it will be received poorly by him based on where the two of you are right now. And if he wants more specificity, then certainly, give it to him.

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
E
E
Personally I wouldn't want to be told exactly what to do. I like the approach of asking to have your needs met with little "lets figure out the details together" thrown in. That way I would feel more included in developing the program as opposed to being told exactly what to do.

I like your approach Dia.

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
G
G
Dia!

Merry Christmas to you.
Thanks for everything.

(Inner) Peace,

gardener

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, all!

I'm here to wish the very best that 2010 has to offer to you and yours. 2009 was sure was a stinker, wasn't it? Thank God and Greyhound it's gone!

I have a whole bunch of stuff to post, but I'm going to have to do it in bites.

Short version - things are great! I did a DB session on my own, then the day after Christmas, H and I slipped in to see my most excellent IC in the desert for a 2 hr session focused on *drumroll* ... validating feelings.

So I've got stuff to share from both of those sessions, plus some of my own personal musings.

Here's the first of the latter as it applies to reconciliation...

The end of detachment, re-attachment if you will, is hard. And since it happens both quickly (for me) and under the radar, it's a perfect set-up for having it come out of nowhere and bite you in the arse!

Stuff that didn't used to matter all of a sudden does. Stuff you used to blow off gets under your skin again. And most of all, your self image very quickly becomes vulnerable to your partner's moods, feelings and perceptions of you. YIKES!!

It's an insidious slippery slope. Some of it is necessary for re-bonding, and some of it is a gold-plated opportunity to change old boundary patterns before they can become entrenched again.

In my case, when I was struggling so hard with H being invalidating, it really threw me. It felt as if he wasn't just invalidating my feelings or my perception of events and reality in general. It felt like he was invalidating ME. The message seemed to be, "Your feelings are worthless drivel, so *you're* worthless drivel, too."

And after two years of not letting him put that on me, all of a sudden I let him. And I didn't even realize I was doing it. All the crap that I was feeling, all of the labels I'd been expected to wear came out in spades. Unreasonable. Demanding. Hormonal. Over-emotional. Malicious. etc.

There are two - ok, three - parts to fixing all of that.

1) Realize it's happening.

2) Stop accepting the negative self-talk. Your partner might think or say that stuff, but as with vampire, it can't come in unless you invite it.

3) Work with the partner on the negative messaging.

We are currently doing all of the above. Or rather, I'm doing 1 and 2. *We* are doing 3.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
G
G
Dia,

I am thrilled you guys are doing so well. Keep it up and, as always, I will be reading along and learning.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
D
D
Hi Dia,

I definitely second what GIMA said. I love the learning I have had from your posts. May continued success be yours.

Cas

G
G
Dia!
Ditto the above.
And how great it is to see you here again. And with such progress. Congratulations and continued success, progress, and love.

I miss you here, kiddo.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Hi Dia-

I'm so glad you're doing well. I know you have a lot of people to catch up on, but can you take a look at my new thread when you get a chance, please? It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks, Bunny

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, all!

Things here continue to be wonderful. This is the best this marriage has ever been.

I'm trying to sneak around as I can and do drive-bys on my peeps. smile

Cheers!

Dia

Page 130 of 132 1 2 128 129 130 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard