Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Last night, dinner went well with W and the kids. W and I discussed what we are getting for the kids and she even mentioned buying me something, which I thought was nice and surprised me.

Today: potluck was filling, no left-over cranberry bread. Went to IC (go about once a month now) and had a good session, he still likes the strides I have made this year with the tools I have acquired.

My MIL had knee replacement surgery this morning and is doing well. She even walked with a walker this afternoon! W and MIL are actually talking a little more but still not really friendly with each other.

Tonight, went on a walk and then baked cranberry-oatmeal-white chocolate chip cookies!! Will give some to friends at work and the rest will bring to the support group I go to every other Friday. Things are moving along and so I am looking forward to Christmas and the time off from work.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Support group went well last night, topic was how to deal with your ex-spouse. Very lively discussions.

Baked 2 chocolate fudge tree shaped homemade cakes and chocolate chip cookies for xmas party at my parents house. We are celebrating with my mom's family today smile

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
sometimes, I wonder if I should be feeling so good and happy as I do most days. I am so looking forward to Christmas this year! I still pray for my W everyday and miss her. I pray my kids are able to continue to get through this time of their lives with their mom not home everyday. I'm not too concerned about why I feel good but sometimes wonder if I should be guilty for not being down more often. I do have days and moments when I'm not feeling good but for the most part am very happy.

I am grateful to have my kids home with me everyday, I'm grateful for my job and manager, my friends (new and old). family especially my new niece and all the little things life brings everyday. I'm loving baking more and more each day.

I have noticed my W calls me more often lately and not always about the kids or finances. If I am busy or don't feel like talking with her I don't answer, otherwise I'll take her call and be pleasant and listen as best as I can. In addition, she has taken a more active roll in their school this year which is an improvement after she dropped the bomb. I'm glad she is trying to be in the kids lives again.

Anyway, everyone have a great weekend!!

M
M
You sound great and those cranberry oatmeal cookies sound amazing! Baking is therapeutic for me and it seems it is for you too!

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yes, love baking. Been doing a lot of it and my friends are enjoying the fruit of my labor smile

Tonight, had a great time with family, playing games, eating and of course spending time with my niece for her first Christmas celebration.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I cherish my time with friends and family throughout the Christmas season.
Holiday celebrations with family and coworkers are meant to be joyful. But on occasion, I may feel anxious about them. I take a moment now to consciously release any tension I am experiencing, any unrealistic expectations I've placed upon myself or others. I become flexible and accepting. In so doing, I am better able to enjoy the spontaneity of each event.

I greet my dear ones with love, appreciating the unique qualities they bring to each gathering. Throughout the holiday season, I affirm silently, I behold the Christ in you, whether I am looking in the mirror or looking into the eyes of another. I cherish our times of togetherness this Christmas.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.--2 Corinthians 13:13

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
yesterday, went on a long walk with a friend, then spent the rest of the day baking cookies.

Today, worked and then went to church and came home and ate dinner with S16. S13 is spending these days with his best friend from out of state.

Tonight, S16 and I delivered the cookies to our neighbors and friends (in the past W and S16 would deliver them). All-in-all a good long day....very tired....

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
N
N
P,

You have the patience of Job. I don't know how you do it, but I admire you nevertheless.

Nut

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: nutfarmer
P,

You have the patience of Job. I don't know how you do it, but I admire you nevertheless.

Nut

Thanks Nut, as you can imagine some days are better than others. Some of my family thinks I have too much patience smile
I know I work hard at it and I think it’s really helping the kids get through this period also. I tell my family and friends that this is a great opportunity for me to learn about myself and create an even stronger bond with my boys.

One thing I have discovered is even though I have baked in the past I really enjoy baking more now, not sure why, but have been trying many new things to create in my oven. In addition, have been participating in charity events which I never did before and after the holidays will look into volunteering somewhere in some capacity.

Going back to church has been the biggest help and reading the Bible over the summer was an eye opening and rewarding experience. Making new friends through the support group I joined last February and being able to lean on them when needed or giving them a shoulder to cry on has helped me to grow. Going to meditations and learning more about forgiveness has helped in the development of my healing process. My W doesn’t know about all the things I have done this past year to help me grow and heal nor about all the tools I have picked up to use, such as, this board. I plan to continue to use these tools and find new ones as needed to keep me going. I still pray she will open her eyes and turn to the Lord and come home, however, I know with the help of God I will be just fine with the outcome whatever that may be. I know it will still hurt if she never returns or I move on but it will not determine how I feel about myself nor affect my own happiness.

Today the drive in to work was slow with the newly fallen snow we received. The scenery was peaceful and beautiful as the snow looks great on the bare trees as I drive through many forested areas. Glad this week is slow at work and not many people here so I can catch up on my tasks smile

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
today after work, lifted weights, then took my mom out for dinner as its her birthday. Came home and went on a walk. Kids are with friends and now I'm cleaning the house to get ready for more baking tomorrow.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard