Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 109 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 108 109
J
J
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
define sex.

nevermind, Jon2911, what do you know about the population dynamics of rabbits and foxes?

Yo Steve,
Thanks for keeping this thread on some kind of track. And I think what you're talking about completely applies to Kev:
http://divorcebusting.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/the-foxes-and-the-rabbits/

S
S
Finally! An explanation. Going to read it now.

Me: 46 FWS: 36
Married and Divorced 4/07, Pregnant 7/07,False R 7/07
Baby Girl born 3/08
Kicked him out because OW: 7/08
5/10 He realized what he had and lost.
Moved home! REMARRIED 3/14/11!!
J
J
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
OK, I give. I quess my references are a bit obscure. They are from the begining chapters of divorce busting. To me, they stood out as examples of the point Michele was trying to get across at the time. African violets and old ladies, foxes and rabbits? an interesting choice of examples.

Why did I bother? Because rather than telling you to snub your wife, get another wife, detach, reattach, get a job, jump off a bridge, or buy a propeller hat spin it and yell woo hoo, I was hoping after a year you would go back to basics and review the text with what you know now. As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

I was hoping you or someone else was reading this now at a stressful time for everyone, even more stressful for people in a divorce situation and those examples, would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

I guess everyone interprets this text differently and resolves their marital problems by drawing their own conclusions(solutions).

Steve,
It doesn't seem most of the people on this thread have ever read DR, or are interested in discussing DBing.

Kev,
Thanks for the e-mail, I'm busy tonight but will call you soon. I'd highly recommend re-reading the books and MWD's articles and blogs. The forum can also be very helpful, IF it's about that. Good luck on the 180 of not posting wink

Me: 30
W: 28
T 8, M 6
S: 7-27-2007
W filed (again) 3-2011
Served 8-2011
Responded, now dark
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear" MLK
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Steve and Jon for clearing up the foxes and rabbits thing.

Ok Jon. Let me know when is good for you.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
T
T
Originally Posted By: jon2911
Steve,
Thanks for trying to keep things on track. It doesn't seem most of the people on this thread have ever read DR, or are interested in discussing DBing.

I think part of that problem comes from the fact that it's possible to come to this forum without knowing who MWD is or having read her books.

There is the principle of divorce-busting, as presented in DB and DR, and there's the actual application. Most of us here try to help with the latter.

Me: 44, Wife: 39
M: 17 years T: 20 years
Bomb on 08/25/09
1/13/10: MC started
1/28/10, 2/8/10: More bombs
8/28/10: Wife moved out
No talk of D, no movement

"Every day is another chance to get it right."
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
Here's everything in a nutshell.

Ok.

What you've been doing to move on is a good thing. The problem that you don't seem to be understanding is that your job, your R, etc. all follow the same pattern.

Quote:
The rest of us can see that, but you can't. Don't know why, but that's the way it is. The indecision and codependence in your R, your previous drinking, etc. is the main problem. The issue with your W and your job, your kids, etc. are results of that basic problem. Simple as that.

When you deny, get flustered, get pissed at the venues to help you deal with that root problem of yours (either the boards, or AA) it's almost like you don't want to change that part of you. So you end up going in a circle. Repeating the same scenarios.

I get tired of being asked about AA and told to keep going there. It isn't in my plans right now.

Quote:
But like your W and her infidelity, you can't make her change until she sees that what she's doing is wrong. Same here. We can't MAKE you see what your root problem is. You have to read the posts, understand them and most importantly - believe that you have to make those changes.

I get that.

Quote:
You also have an issue with needing instant gratification. Case in point. You stated how you need to take out money from your 401K to take care of some basic expenses. Yet you go out and buy a Droid phone. I consider myself a techgeek, but I have a plain cellphone with no web capability because in the long run it saves me a few dollars.

Good point. I usually don't blow money like that, but I let my excitement get the best of me for the phone and haven't really regretted it. It has been nice to have and use. But your point is valid none the less.

Quote:
I think it was CG who also gave you a whole list of ways to save money. How many of those have you tried?

Actually I do pretty well at saving. My grocery bill is near to nothing when it is just me. Occasionally I go out to dinner. I did blow some money earlier on trying to figure out my life and letting loose. But I am now rebuilding that and have gotten that out of my system.

Quote:
See it seems like you're looking to go the quick and easy route whether it's your career, R, or personal life.

Always seems easier, but doesn't generate the results needed in the end. Everything is hard work that has to be stayed on top of and pursued for the ultimate rewards.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
I think part of that problem comes from the fact that it's possible to come to this forum without knowing who MWD is or having read her books.

There is the principle of divorce-busting, as presented in DB and DR, and there's the actual application. Most of us here try to help with the latter.

I have both books and have read them for the most part. Occasionally skipping parts of certain story lines to get to the root of what MWD was saying.

But it has been a while since I have picked them back up and I am due a refresher course.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
K
K4D Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ya,

Time to just focus on DBing. Lets see, tonight I will go to mass, come back and excercise to improve my ownself, eat low fat and healthy for myself and tweak and put my resume out there again.

All positives.

Kevin

Me 36, W 37
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
S
S
DR is definitely the better of the 2 books. I thougth that the theory talk in DB about SBT was maybe best left for more advanced psychology books.

Kevin, one thing I think is important is to set a timeline on how long your are willing to wait for your marriage to reconcile.

In the meantime, if you want to improve and understand your interactions with the opposite sex better...

Hold on to your NUTs: The relationship manual for men

For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women

S
S
Originally Posted By: KerryK
DR is definitely the better of the 2 books. I thougth that the theory talk in DB about SBT was maybe best left for more advanced psychology books.

Kevin, one thing I think is important is to set a timeline on how long your are willing to wait for your marriage to reconcile.

In the meantime, if you want to improve and understand your interactions with the opposite sex better...

Hold on to your NUTs: The relationship manual for men

For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women

Great titles! smile

Me: 46 FWS: 36
Married and Divorced 4/07, Pregnant 7/07,False R 7/07
Baby Girl born 3/08
Kicked him out because OW: 7/08
5/10 He realized what he had and lost.
Moved home! REMARRIED 3/14/11!!
Page 8 of 109 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 108 109

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard