Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 89 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 88 89
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm getting excited about tonight! I feel nervous, not knowing anyone, but

1. after sharing a glass of wine with strangers, they suddenly become new friends!

2. I take classes without knowing anyone and don't feel shy talking to people there, so I'll "pretend" it's like going to a new class!

3. I might practice flirting but I have only been doing it with my H for so long that it will be weird doing it with someone else! What if I smile too big and slap his arm too hard? Or babble like Bridget Jones did when she met Mark Darcy? (my favorite chick flick of all time tied with When Harry Met Sally)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Quote:
Tall, dark , handsome, A touch of ruggedness and a wee bit of grey hair...

Sounds like George Clooney to me! Throw in the job with medical benefits and no wonder you aren't having trouble finding women to date! wink

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

C
C
you should google body language. And read up on it.

Woman use their eyes to flirt. Open them wide when talking. Rub your hand through your hair. Smile. Listen. But control the conversation. Lead it to where you want the conversation to go. GAL and see if you can pick up some new GAL ideas... Make that your goal. 2 new GAL ideas. Don't touch him. Flirting is all about imagination. Watch his face when you touch your hair. Trust me on this. If he looks bored... move on. If he watches look into his eyes and smile.

Your a woman. Us men would enjoy that.

I guess we could call that arm touch the ladybug hello.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Body language is easier for me than the "clever" things to say! I do all right with conversation too. Again, it's being nervy enough to make "clever" sexy comments that freezes me up! But I am not serious about picking someone up so it doesn't matter anyway!

Today I found some sexy fun blouses that look good on my curves! Still extra padding but I have a waist and collar bone again!

BTW Cutter, I know what you mean when you said you built up lady bug's body image and now she is using that to help her with OM (something like that). When I met my H, I could see he was a diamond in the rough when it came to socializing. He could talk to me but would freeze up with others. So I pumped him full of compliments about his wit, funny stories & excellent listening skills. Today he isn't Mr. Charisma but he does talk and interact like anyone else! And he used that new confidence to woo OW. mad mad mad

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

C
C
We saw the beauty and helped them. Its what you do when you love someone. Do not let that bother you. We helped shape them as they did us. That is a good thing.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I just came back from my wine tasting party and had a good time while there, but now I am sad for some reason.

Well when WH arrived here from work, I was all dressed up, looking good, and do you know that he NEVER ONCE made eye contact with me? I swear he didn't even look in my direction!
I take that to be good because I hope it means he was a little bothered by me going out. But it scares me a little too because I don't want it to backfire on me. I mean I never told him what I was doing, never pretended to be going on a date, and was friendly and not over done! Jeans and a cute blouse with hair and makeup and perfume.

So the event was good--just as I was working up the nerve to talk to a stranger, a nice woman approached me and then we got a small group going and then I even got a compliment on my looks!

It was killing me while I was there because I know WH would looove the place and they are going to add a cheese shop to the store and he loves all different types of cheese. Well anyway I ended up buying a couple of bottles, one he likes and one we both like.

So on my way home, I called to let him know I was on my way since I was running a little late and also told him I had to stop to get some food.

Then when I walked in I had the wine in hand. He didn't say an effing word! No questions, nothing! Can't you see I am carrying a wine bag? So I asked about our son and this time he did make eye contact with me but it was fleeting.

So I showed him the wine, he seemed a little interested, but I didn't tell him what I did or anything, and who knows if he could guess. I mean I could have gone on a date and met at a wine bar and bought wine! Sounds like fun, actually! And we both have stopped to get food after going out with friends for drinks before!

Maybe I am sad because I wish I didn't have to do this GAL without him.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yeah another thing. I thought my close friends supported me. Today I find out that they don't want me to be disappointed if he divorces me, and that it is a long shot that I could do anything to stop it and that I should just prepare for the worst.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I just feel nauseous right now (NOT from drinking! I only had 2 glasses over 3 hours!) but I will go to bed. My optimistic spirit better return tomorrow.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

P
P17 Offline
P
Originally Posted By: newmama
Then when I walked in I had the wine in hand. He didn't say an effing word! No questions, nothing! Can't you see I am carrying a wine bag? So I asked about our son and this time he did make eye contact with me but it was fleeting.

Since you SOUND like you were doing this for him, maybe he noticed that too.

And don't worry too much about his mood and not noticing. He noticed. Maybe his mood is because he noticed? Maybe he doesn't care? You don't know. Either way, keep it up.

Me 36, W 34 | D 8 | M 3.5y
Sep 2Aug09 | Left 6Sep09 | OM in 10Oct09 | NC 17Nov09 | Gave up caring - Jan 2010

"Have integrity. Do what is right, not what is expedient."
"Delay is the antidote for anger"
C
C
Originally Posted By: newmama
Yeah another thing. I thought my close friends supported me. Today I find out that they don't want me to be disappointed if he divorces me, and that it is a long shot that I could do anything to stop it and that I should just prepare for the worst.

Hugs.

They will be there to support you. Married or not married. Do not let their opinion and advice change your thoughts. Observe and retain.

I am glad you had a good night out. I love wine. I love cheese. Enjoy those bottles some night. Another small step for newmama.
What did the store look like? Was it in a nice area? What was around the store?

Page 22 of 89 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 88 89

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard