Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 56 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 55 56
F
OP Offline
F
I wonder if the kids will tell their Mom that that woman and her daughter were at the game with us again, but just weren't sitting with us. Hilarious. Talk about keeping her confused and guessing!

F
OP Offline
F
Quote:

Well, just so you know, she did it for the same reason that dogs lick themselves.

?????????????

S
S
Originally Posted By: futureunknown
The fact that she has to hear about it second hand makes it even better I think. Allows her to know less, and wonder more.

yep. but I wouldnt be ugly or rude about it, but rather good-lookin', polite but disinterested, and smiling like I just got laid.

F
OP Offline
F
Quote:

yep. but I wouldnt be ugly or rude about it, but rather good-lookin', polite but disinterested, and smiling like I just got laid.

Right! You know what? I think I'm actually starting to get this! If she has seeds of doubt and wonder in her mind now, that's the fertilizer that makes 'em grow.

C
C
Originally Posted By: futureunknown
Quote:

Well, just so you know, she did it for the same reason that dogs lick themselves.

?????????????

Its reaction, instinct... Its how were wired...

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
F
OP Offline
F
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

?????????????

Its reaction, instinct... Its how were wired...

No... I just got it! She did it because she could do it. LOL! I let her, so she took advantage.

All the more reason I hope my kids tell her that woman was at the game with us. She'll wonder if she was made a fool of, like I had to tell my friends "My STBXW is determined to come over here and see what's going on. Can you folks go sit over there for a few minutes so I don't have some crazy scene on my hands? I'll try to get rid of her as soon as I can."

It was a big stadium full of people. If she thinks there were other people near us watching her, she'll be mortified. The truth is, there were. My friends were sitting across in another section, and watched the whole thing go down. My cell phone was ringing and texting the whole time she was with us!

F
OP Offline
F
Previously I would have been struggling with the notion that my behavior at the game and even my attitude here is hardly what I'd call "compassionate". I've been trying to show my W compassion through this, but I think I've finally realized that RESPECT has to come first, then compassion.

I hope she does come to show me real respect again, since I'd like to show her compassion. But right now, she doesn't deserve it.

F
OP Offline
F
Mediation is tomorrow. My goal is to strongly maintain my position on our financial agreement and custody, but not show any anger. In the past, I let my anger get the best of me. I want to be very practical about everything, and even try to use a little humor.

I've been thinking about my life, and I realize that I've been married for 10 years, but with luck I've got 50+ to go. I have to think of the future now, and realize that acommodating my W cannot be my priority any more. I need to think of me, and my kids, and truthfully, a possible future wife and other kids who may depend on me.

I need to be frank about the liklihood of my marrying someone else, and possibly having another child with them (less likely), or accepting some amount of responsibility for providing for their children (more likely). My life planning, including this separation agreement, can no longer merely focus on my kids, which is very sad, but I'm noticing also has a strange gentle optimism about it, realizing that a new future is out there waiting for me.

I avoid facing the reality that half of my kids lives will now be out of my view, as it is too sad think of for long.

G
G
Good luck on the mediation today Future. The one thing I can add from the top of my head is that this is DEFINITELY NOT the end.

She's starting to show some interesting signs. That incident at the ball game I'd chalk up to curiosity and not jealousy at the moment.

Keep holding the line.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks Gnosis. Yeah, I can't quite figure out what going on with her, but like you said, I shouldn't even try. I agree with you that she wasn't quite jealous at the basketball game. She doesn't know enough to be jealous, but she definitely wanted to know what was going on. I have no idea how she would have reacted had the other woman been sitting with us, playing with HER kids. Funny, she goes from spewing and the silent treatment to being friendly and walking all the way across the stadium to come by and say hi. Guess she wasn't that interested in watching the game!

I will hold the line at mediation. I have my points all written out and ready to discuss. I am committing myself to showing no anger at all, but sticking to my points. The financials do not look good for her at all!

Page 36 of 56 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 55 56

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard