Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 44 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44
M
M
I hear ya on the Tiger thing. I had to quickly change from the Today show this morning because they were interviewing one of thw ho's. She was a nasty skank and my blood was boiling. All that crap about "oh we were friends and it just led to something more." Of course, Meredith asked her if she was aware he was M'd when she started this she said "Yes, I'm not saying it's right but it happened." GAG! I was getting so angry and let some choice words slip right in front of Marc. Not good.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
We were talking this morning about the Three Wise Men following their star - what was OUR star...?
I didn't realize that my pastor didn't go into seminary until she was 40! Lots of other stories, but that was very cool - I sometimes forget that there is a plenty of time for me to have a new path...
It was my turn - what was my star? Unlike a few of the other women, I was happy in my career.

Thinking...then I remembered the dancing. Anyone here remember the young guy who was the champion Lindy dancer?

I think I (re)discovered the next thing to get me out of my comfort zone......seems that there were lots of leads that I can follow to actually get this off the ground, right here in town. I thought it was more of a Southern thing...I had already set the New Year as when I would try to focus on my physical health more, get to a gym, etc. I have never had a lot of "physical self-awareness" - never did a cartwheel, hated gym, no sports. Looks like a good place to focus, now - it can do nothing but benefit.

W
W
Donna, just make sure that you pick an activity that you will like! Gyms often have alot of different group activities like Yoga and there's bound to be something you will really like. There's nothing worse than trying to get fit by doing an activity that you hate. When I was running I also noticed a lot of others running but they were running in inappropriate shoes and I'm sure after a few runs in crappy runners they swore off running forever. so make sure whatever you do that you put out the money to be properly attired. Remember, the gyms make their money off all the New Years resolution folk who sign up, come once or twice then stop coming but keep paying every month. Good luck with it, as physical exercise is one of the keys to beating depression and anxiety. So it would certainly be a great place to start.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
OP Offline
R
Hey, wii smile

Yeah, I want a place with some interesting classes. A friend recommended a 24hr place, but it is equipment only. I have a treadmill at home - I want to look at some of the different aerobics, maybe even kickboxing or other martial art. And Zumba. I don't like running, myself...
I am hoping that the gyms have some good offers coming up.

O
O
Let go or be dragged....

by...

Let go or be dragged.

Best,
Oldtimer
S
S
I recommend boxercise. Great aeorobic exercise. It also helps me to get rid of the excess testosterone that makes me stupid. It may have helped Tiger get rid of some of his stupidity buildup. Hitting that little white ball with a stick surely does not do it.

R
OP Offline
R
OT, good tag line, isn't it? Especially when I remember it! wink

Kerry, I love that - testosterone, the thing that makes men stupid.

Had a fun night - went out to dinner and a movie with friends (hi!) - saw the Blindside. Have to do that more. Really good all around...
Off to service, then home to get more done around here before the babes are back tonight.

Happy Sunday, all!

G
G
Hey Ms. D..

Thanks for getting me outta the house with your timely text. My daughter quickly adjusted to her momma having plans, I dropped her off early at a friend's and then went through the "I have nothing to wear, when did these clothes get so tight" routine which hallmarks the beginning of a great evening.

It was great fun, even more fun laughing during the movie and the Grail of all Grails.. the blonde, the brunette and the redhead having ice cream apres cinema... magnifique!

You're a special woman.. *hugs*.. and I'm so glad your lil ratties have a new home. My wardrobe thanks you!

*hugs*

M
M
Hey Donna! Try a bellydancing class too. Great workout and lots of fun. Some friends and I did that a couple of years ago through our rec department and I think we gave our stomachs a better workout laughing than actually dancing. GREAT FUN!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
So, I am on these dating sites. I think it is more for reading enjoyment than actually getting out there at this point, but whatever - haven't found anyone interesting enough to even meet for coffee, yet.
It had me thinking today about what I find attractive.

I had the "hunkish brute" for a long time. The lumberjack - the first time I saw him, he was carrying a tree by himself over his shoulder.

Then, a 6'7", 229lb. guy emailed me. I am 5'1". I can't fathom it.

My standards keep ratcheting up - possible to get the brains AND the braun, all while hoping he still has a head full of hair?

Page 41 of 44 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard